Your take on the new songs in general....

kalahari

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

appetite rocked lies rocked illusions rocked and from what i have heard from demos of the new stuff it aint rock... Slash once said he had a feeling Axl would fuck the name up. So all I am saying is that if he releases that shit the name will be ruined. Sad but True

Slash has said a lot of things. He also said CD would be out in March. I think we'll all believe Slash all the time now :rolleyes:. As for the rest of your statement, it isn't fact. Quit presenting it as fact. If you think the legacy will be ruined by the release of the album, then don't buy it. Simple as that. If you're curious as to what else Axl has to offer on the album, and you're naming that as the reason you'll purchase it, then you can't say that the legacy can be ruined based on the leaks. Therefore, quit whining, or make some sense. Thanks.

P.S. Slamming Better and claiming it is pop isn't exactly a comparison to Locomotive. Locomotive is a classic song and they shouldn't be compared ever. Both songs are from different times. If you want to make an intelligent comparison, then that would be something worthwhile. Instead, this is just a rant. Name the thread: "Rant on 'Better'". Then you can slam it all you want. Don't bring a classic like Locomotive into this.

Edited by Zeppelin

I think Better is extremely overrated.

I don't see what is so great about it.

I disagree. Better is fabulous. I think the more you listen to it, the more it fits together. It's as original as it gets, yet stays within form. Better gives me more anticipation for the album than any song I've heard of the leaks or live versions of the songs rumored to be on the track list.

Better is ingenious in the way it incorporates so many styles of music into one song, and the structure is reminiscent of Rocket Queen in the way it has so many changes but still flows perfectly. Anyway, it's the new Gn'R's "You Could Be Mine". A great rocker.

appetite rocked lies rocked illusions rocked and from what i have heard from demos of the new stuff it aint rock... Slash once said he had a feeling Axl would fuck the name up. So all I am saying is that if he releases that shit the name will be ruined. Sad but True

no.. you understand the whole thing wrong dude.. and I'm not even going to explain to you why yesterday is gone

slash was right...

personally i think there is so many chances that axl will ruin name of guns n roses

im not stuck in the past

i like the new style and the new direction of gnr..but these songs aint the greatest of this kind of music

i think they are overrated

i agree with you that yesterday is gone..and i dont wanna hear another album that sounds like AFD

...but i think axl could have done better new songs

Play Better than play Locomotive back to back and you will see why axl aint relasing nothing. Pop vs. Rock and rock will always win........

If the album sounds like Better/Silkworms/ or the other weak ass ones I hope he does not release it under the Name G n R cause is embarrassing to the name we all support with so much pride.

i think i'm more of a rock fan then half the people on here, i'm not a NIN's fan, but better is not pop!, both better and locomotive are balls to the walls tracks, love them both, i hope to hear more of the same kind.

The music will only be ruined for people that are expecting it to sound like the old GNR did. Very high chances are that the style changed somewhat. (I haven't listened to the leaks, so I'm speaking from ignorance here) Give them a chance.

Axl said in an interview 4 years ago that the band was holding there big guns back referring to songs that were not being played on the 2002 tour. If these leaks are the big guns and what we havent heard is filler this album is screwed. Now it has been said that there will be 13 songs. Six of these songs have already been heard ( I dont expect Rhiad,Silkworms,or Chinese D to make the album) so that leaves seven unheard songs .There "better" be a couple more great songs in there and a classic or two. I want a classic album not a great one. This album will sell 5 million if it is lucking. Also i believe the leaks minus CITR are not demos. They are the songs that will make the album. I also hope all kinds of fun fucked uo shit happen in the wake of this tour. Didnt anyone else find it funny when the last tour ended in a riot?

Edited by damiandoerr

Dude, you are just an idiot. Of all the songs we've heard, this album already would be classic. You forget that the masses haven't heard and over analyzed these songs like your punk ass has! So come to my office today so I can kick your ass!

Uh yes iam chinese and the song chinese d sucks period . If songs like that are what will make the rest of the album then shit . Also Tommy said in an interview that the new stuff was pretty epic. TWAT and CITR are the closeset songs to being epic and they dont have shit on COMA,LOCOMOTIVE,OR ESTRANGED. So my point is if they are still holding there big guns back that this is going to be a classic album but thay are not it will be a great album at best.

Dude, you are just an idiot. Of all the songs we've heard, this album already would be classic. You forget that the masses haven't heard and over analyzed these songs like your punk ass has! So come to my office today so I can kick your ass!

you should control your temper, u need 2 relax, here ya go:

maracuja.jpg

Axl said in an interview 4 years ago that the band was holding there big guns back referring to songs that were not being played on the 2002 tour. If these leaks are the big guns and what we havent heard is filler this album is screwed. Now it has been said that there will be 13 songs. Six of these songs have already been heard ( I dont expect Rhiad,Silkworms,or Chinese D to make the album) so that leaves seven unheard songs .There "better" be a couple more great songs in there and a classic or two. I want a classic album not a great one. This album will sell 5 million if it is lucking. Also i believe the leaks minus CITR are not demos. They are the songs that will make the album. I also hope all kinds of fun fucked uo shit happen in the wake of this tour. Didnt anyone else find it funny when the last tour ended in a riot?

Why don't you take a Valium?

Classic ? Do you know the difference between classic and great ? This album is by no standards a classic yet . Hell TWAT was ripped in rolling stone already as being an over produced mess. I.R.S was seen as competent and only Better was lauded.Now I love all of these songs ,but there "better " be some classic songs around the corner.

Edited by damiandoerr

Also i believe the leaks minus CITR are not demos.

The leaks aren't the finished tracks as they haven't been mastered. They could represent very closely the final tracks though. And you're wrong about CITR- I'd say it's the most complete sounding of all the leaked tracks.

You do make some valid points however- there does need to be a couple of stunning tracks amongst the ones we haven't heard. Oh, and Chinese Democracy is one of my favourite of the new songs. The album needs one or two simple tracks like that one to balance things out.

Edited by Zephyrus