GN'R For Ozzfest?

Charles Manson

hey all, i dont normally do threads...

Ozzfest?

With all these festivals that are happening with GNR, you think they would do ozzfest or not?

Ozzy has so much respect for Axl so it could happen aswell as everything else...

if its been discussed before, or if im not allowed to post links or w/e, then sue me!! :xmassrudolph:

axl-bio.jpg

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/02/guns-n...or-ozzfest.html

The rumor mill is heating up with speculation over the lineup for this summer's OzzFest, the first that will not feature either Ozzy Osbourne or Black Sabbath in the headlining slot. According to blabbermouth.net, "industry insiders" claim that Metallica and System Of A Down have secured the top two spots on the bill, although representatives for Metallica have denied the band's involvement to us. Guns N' Roses and Godsmack are other rumored contenders for a main stage appearance on this summer's edition of the long-running festival. Organizers are expected to announce the complete bill sometime in March.

Ozzy announced that he would no longer headline the tour, either by himself or with Sabbath, after being plagued by health issues throughout last year's run. Osbourne and/or Sabbath could still make selected appearances.

Other acts who've been mentioned include:

Avenged Sevenfold,who've been offered a spot, though they haven't accepted as of yet;

Disturbed, whose singer David Draiman all but confirmed his group's participation in a recent radio interview, but who has since backed away from that statement;

Atreyu, Black Label Society, Unearth, and Bleeding Through.

Unless they called it guns n roses fest, and allowed axl to personally set up all the dates, I don't see this being close to happening. He is getting old and ozzfest seems like a very hard show to be a part of, and also there would be to many people (other bands) to piss of axl. Something like this would just end terribly even if it did happen.

Some smart ass from another band "hey axl, hopefully your next cd doesnt take 15 years"

then from here you would see axl running out on stage and beating the shit out of this fellow.

It would be cool though, btw I have an active imagination.

Won't happen. After last years insult to Iron Maiden, I don't know why any intelligent person would even consider going or any band wanting to play. Ozzfest is usually filled with shitty, third rate bands anyway. I think the only good bands to have ever played(IMO) are Slayer, Type O Negative, Dimmu Borgir, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Manson, Megadeth, Velvet Revolver, and Motorhead.

Won't happen. After last years insult to Iron Maiden, I don't know why any intelligent person would even consider going or any band wanting to play. Ozzfest is usually filled with shitty, third rate bands anyway. I think the only good bands to have ever played(IMO) are Slayer, Type O Negative, Dimmu Borgir, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Manson, Megadeth, Velvet Revolver, and Motorhead.

I totally agreed!

what happened to iron was absolutely low, bad class, disrespectful, childish...sharon is such a bitch. :anger:

if GNR play in Ozzfest hope fans prepare tons of trucks with eggs to throw sharon :rofl-lol: imaging axl throwing an egg to her :rofl-lol: funny! ( kidding guys ;) )