Drumming

dobadog

Brain is a lot more advanced player than Sorum or Adler can dream of.

Agreed. He still manages to have a really raw sound aswell.

As i said in the VR section, using real drums on early demos has virtually no advantages. Using a drum machine makes much more sense.

R.

Exactly. Almost all UYI demo's also feature drum machines.

While that is true, they used both live and drum loops on Madagascar live....so that makes me wonder.....if these drum loops are supposed to be in the song. Because in all four of the leaks....it features both loops and live drums.....so that scares me....because i personally am not a fan of having drum loops in a song...especially from a Guns N Roses album ive been waiting all but about 7 years of my life for.

Brain is a lot more advanced player than Sorum or Adler can dream of.

Agreed. He still manages to have a really raw sound aswell.

As i said in the VR section, using real drums on early demos has virtually no advantages. Using a drum machine makes much more sense.

R.

Exactly. Almost all UYI demo's also feature drum machines.

yea but half the time they didnt have an able drummer(lol steven)

I'm a big fan of Brain and anyone who knows his style will tell you that he loves to create drum samples and mix them with his acoustic style. I guarantee you that there will be drum sampling on this album...and not via just "a drum machine". There's a lot more to it than looping a rock beat...if you take the time to listen. A lot of artists sample their own acoustic beats and play around with them, but sometimes its good to just dig into the versatility of new electronic drum tones. The demos are a mixture. I hear a lot of people say its all a drum machine. They are wrong. It's sampled beats injected periodically to give the song a different feel, a alternate mood so to speak. Let me give you a good example of where an acoustic sound wouldn't be as good of a fit: The breakdown in CITR with Pitman digging into the industrial funk, ie - Depeche Mode meets NIN...listen to the drumming in that part of the song. It would be gay with acoustic drums. Now listen where the breakdown comes back out into the main bridge, and lo and behold, Brain kicks in with the acoustic drums. We need to give Brain credit on the drum sampling/acoustic composures, he works very hard on putting these together just the right way, as indicitive from some of his drumming interviews. If you don't like it....Axl has a message for you:

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0PTMMIE...8T2ZYGBXUVS5C9Y

it sounds like a drum machine because it is a drum machine...wes said that when he first told us about the demos. dont worry im sure were in good hands with Brain, hes really good. I hear hes gonna kick ass on The General.

Agreed, check this out, he's definately good enough to rival Sorum or Adler

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Brian_Mantia.html

Click on the 'Go-Go Beat' video

Sorum is by far the best drummer technically out of the three. And if you guys think the drumming in that Go-Go video is good, then you guys are sadly mistaken.

If you wanna see some real drumming, take a look at Carter Beauford making all 3 GN'R drummers look straight up silly: Carter Beauford owning GN'R drummers