Covers and Chin Dem

Budweiser

What do you guys think are the likelyhood of hearin a cover or two on CD? Altough I think it would be cool as shit to see what Axl and Co. would like to cover, I would think that if by now we havent heard anything through the legal grapvine (about rights, etc) that wont be any covers on the album??

Do you think if they have planned on covering anything on the album that the legalities of getting the rights and shit would have been made public?

If anything, they should release a cover album of AfD with the new band. The cover art for the "New AfD" could be the cross with the new members' faces on it.

That's not a good idea whatsoever. If the band released a cover of AFD regardless of how good it was, the band would get slated MASSIVELY by the media and the public for it. It would just be a reason for people to compare the old and the new and ultimately bash the new.

AFD is like Tetris, the original was best and impossible to improve upon.

If anything, they should release a cover album of AfD with the new band. The cover art for the "New AfD" could be the cross with the new members' faces on it.

That's not a good idea whatsoever. If the band released a cover of AFD regardless of how good it was, the band would get slated MASSIVELY by the media and the public for it. It would just be a reason for people to compare the old and the new and ultimately bash the new.

I'm not saying they could mass release it like the Illusions but rather on a smaller scale like Live Like a Suicide.

Agreed, 100%

I'd be willing to bet just about anything that there won't be any covers on this album. They didn't work this hard this long to do any covers... this will be original material.

But yeah, maybe as a B-side or something... or do a new cover live. That'd be fine. :)

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying BUT - some of you are completely, 100% convinced that the band wouldnt ever bother themselves with a cover whatesoever becuase they have worked to hard for this.....

To play Devil's Advocate - - Keep in mind that for the 02 tour the band had rehearsed a new version of Knockin on Heavens Door..... So to say that the band WILL NOT concern themselves with a new cover I think is a little wrong to say that - - And the 02 tour could very well be an indicator...

Any more thoughts?

I'm not saying they could mass release it like the Illusions but rather on a smaller scale like Live Like a Suicide.

I'd love to hear the new AFD... but wouldn't Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Adler... get money off it.

After all this time waiting for Axl to deliver new material, why would anyone be wanting to hear covers on CD?! I'd be much more excited hearing all new material so kick ass that someday OTHER bands will be wanting to do covers of tracks off CD.

This newer lineup needs as much new material as possible not only for CD, but for the upcoming tours if they are to achieve much of an identity beyond being a glorified cover band..

Edited by Turn_It_Up

After all this time waiting for Axl to deliver new material, why would anyone be wanting to hear covers on CD?! I'd be much more excited hearing all new material so kick ass that someday OTHER bands will be wanting to do covers of tracks off CD.

that's what a lot of people were saying about the Illusions, and that ended up with a cover on each. I would bet that there will be a cover on CD, and maybe more to follow on other albums.

that's what a lot of people were saying about the Illusions, and that ended up with a cover on each. I would bet that there will be a cover on CD, and maybe more to follow on other albums.

How many covers were on their debut, AFD? None. So they were already one of the world's biggest bands heading into the Illusions and I think a lot of fans(including myself) and critics feel like they did do too many covers in their limited time.

Plus, this new lineup is already fighting the cover band tag, so they should be especially sensitive to trying to make their own mark. They could add a new cover or 2 for their shows, but face it, they will already be covering the old lineup's material so not sure that even makes much sense.

As for RocknRollDemon's question, of course some of the old members who helped create AFD would(and SHOULD!!!) make money off any re-recordings being released. That is their material too.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

:fuckyou:

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

I am going to copy what I posted on page one of this thread, but I think may have been overlooked - Im curious to find your opinions on this...

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying BUT - some of you are completely, 100% convinced that the band wouldnt ever bother themselves with a cover whatesoever becuase they have worked to hard for this.....

To play Devil's Advocate - - Keep in mind that for the 02 tour the band had rehearsed a new version of Knockin on Heavens Door..... So to say that the band WILL NOT concern themselves with a new cover I think is a little wrong to say that - - And the 02 tour could very well be an indicator...

Any more thoughts?