If You People Are So Anti-Leak

D-GenerationX

The anti-leak brigade has reached critical mass at this point.

Now if that is your opinion, fine. But know this. You best not have so much as one concert bootleg.

I don't know if people actually don't see this or are just being willfully dense, but there is no difference between the two. Both are unauthorized copies of things that Axl would rather not be in circulation.

So if you are up there on your high horse about those leaks being the spawn of Satan, that's your right. You just better not be preaching from your pulpit as you listen/watch to your copy of the Paris PPV show, or any other concert recording, audio or video.

Why do you think they're called "bootlegs"...

To make, sell, or transport for sale illegally.

To produce, distribute, or sell without permission or illegally: a clandestine outfit that bootlegs compact discs and tapes.

both are material we are not supposed to have... there is no difference.

Edited by bdinan

actually there IS a difference, the concert bootlegs; axl knows they will be out there, it's inevitable, but leaks from studio recordings are something else.

So Axl is all about people having recording devices at concerts?

I could point you towards about 10 rants from shows off the top of my head that suggest otherwise.

actually there IS a difference, the concert bootlegs; axl knows they will be out there, it's inevitable, but leaks from studio recordings are something else.

Fuck you!! He does not want either bootlegs or leaks but the fact that he knows that one will be out for sure does not change a fucking thing!!

I could point you towards about 10 rants from shows off the top of my head that suggest otherwise.

shut the fuck up and get off your own damn high horse, i know every rant axl has ever uttered, being a die-hard fan for 16 years. i didn't say he approved of it, i say he knows that it happens, of course he does! there's the difference, bootlegs happen at every fucking major concert, stealing from a studio is something else. get it?

shut the fuck up and get off your own damn high horse, i know every rant axl has ever uttered, being a die-hard fan for 16 years. i didn't say he approved of it, i say he knows that it happens, of course he does! there's the difference, bootlegs happen at every fucking major concert, stealing from a studio is something else. get it?

I get it just fine.

You seem to be struggling with the concept however.

"Hey, shit happens" is not much of a defense for one over the other. Neither are authorized official products and neither are legal, so let's cut the shuckin' and the jivin'.

A few years ago I probably would agree with you, but not in this day and age. EVERY album leaks early, so you are saying that because bootlegs are inevitable, that they should just understand, yet album leaks are ALSO inevitabel these days. So by your theory leaks should also just be understood.

Edited by mahimahi

The anti-leak brigade has reached critical mass at this point.

Now if that is your opinion, fine. But know this. You best not have so much as one concert bootleg.

I don't know if people actually don't see this or are just being willfully dense, but there is no difference between the two. Both are unauthorized copies of things that Axl would rather not be in circulation.

So if you are up there on your high horse about those leaks being the spawn of Satan, that's your right. You just better not be preaching from your pulpit as you listen/watch to your copy of the Paris PPV show, or any other concert recording, audio or video.

Why do people pull this crap SO out of perspective! This forum got a request from merck not to post them. And sice this is the biggest gnr forum in the world...it get's noticed! So I can't blame Eric and Madison for this rule. It's their asses on the line.

Nobody said anything about anti leak or whatever crap. It's just not wanting them on the forum.

Am I the only one who realises that this is REASONABLE?

Your bootleg arguement is also pointless. There is a BIG difference between low quality bootlegs of stuff that most likely won't be published anyway, And at least not in that quality, opposed to high quality demo's of something about to be released.

You keep slagging about them better not having a single bootleg, but that's easy for you to say as it's not your ass on the line.

Try reading between the lines and looking from a different perspective instead of getting pissed about a rule and raving like a lunatic.

So, and keep in mind this is only the perspective of a lunatic, its your postion that Axl would be totally onboard with the download section here? I find that HIGHLY unlikely.

I get the part about the site removing the links if asked. Fine. What I don't get are the daily threads (sometimes 2 or 3 of them a day) chastising people for leaking them in the first place. You don't want them hosted here, that's their perrogative. I don't own the site.

But arguing against the leaks actually happening is pissing into the wind and I don't see the endgame of that position. Some of these people seem to think Axl monitors this forum and is going to give them a big shout out for playing some sort of misguided traffic cop.

username, I think he meant the members who think that it's wrong to leak demos. Not this forums rules ;)

On-topic: You can't compare bootlegs to leaked demos. Though I see your point and if you are so "anti-leak-listening" you shouldn't listen tobootlegs either.

A bit off-topic:

I'm okay with that someone doesn't want to spread the leaks or listen to them that's their buisness. But what I don't understand is why do they try to prove that they're right and everyone else should so? I've waited for this album since 19th December '04, not nearly as long as most of this boards members but I'm already fed up with the "no-news-policy".

Just my 2 cents :)

i think people are missing the point here. the reason people are saying not to share these DEMOS is because of the fact that they are DEMOS. They argue that they are to the best of our knowledge unfinished, and if Axl had wanted us to hear them, he would have released them... ON THE OTHER HAND, he actually WANTED people to hear Madagscar, The Blues, CD, Rhyiadh, etc, otherwise why the hell would he have played them at concerts and on fucking TV?

So I think your arguement is a little flawed in that respect re:bootlegs D-GenerationX, as Axl/GNR want people to hear songs that they play in concerts- its kinda the whole point - but they wouldn't want people to hear stuff that they feel isn't ready, and that is why it hasn't been released yet.

Just to make it clear, I HAVE downloaded Better (full), TWAT, and IRS. That doesn't make me anti-Axl or trying to piss him off, i'm an opportunist, if something is availiable i'll grab it. how people feel about the distribution of these tracks is their own decision to make, but studio leaks and bootlegs are not the same moral issue.

rock1 rock1