AXL ROSE says SLASH Made Unannounced Visit to his Home in October 2005

Madagascar88

i like both axl & slash......musically. i think they all are in need of new legal representation. Duff & Slash probably acted on the advice of their attorney, who obviously didn't bother to check things out. Then you have Axl's lawyers sending out C&D letters to everyone under god's green earth, including people they have no jurisdiction over (i.e. Canadian citizens). Point is: their lawyers are idiots. Leave the lawyers out of it, and maybe they could come to some kind of resolution. It's kind of sad that GnR isn't a band anymore, it's a business.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl Files Suit Against Slash, Lashes Out At Ex-Bandmates

03.06.2006 6:17 PM EST

In a statement, Rose points to alleged turmoil in Velvet Revolver camp.

Axl Rose

Photo: Evan Agostini/Getty Images

Just last month, while speaking to a British radio station, Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash proclaimed that former bandmate Axl Rose's long-awaited, fabled opus Chinese Democracy would finally surface in March. Slash added that he's "always

been supportive" of Axl's work with the refurbished GN'R, and that he was glad the world would soon experience Democracy.

But things actually aren't chummy between Rose and his erstwhile GN'R comrades. They haven't been in more than a decade — not since the original members of Guns N' Roses parted ways. A statement released Monday (March 6) by Rose's management, the Sanctuary Group, called Slash's remarks "surprising" and dubbed him "a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator" who "has attacked Axl Rose on a number of levels."

On Friday Rose filed suit against Saul "Slash" Hudson, seeking a federal judge's confirmation of Rose's "ownership of his own creative works." The filing comes in response to a federal suit filed in August by Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, who accused the GN'R frontman of changing the publisher of the group's copyrighted songs without first conferring with them and then pocketing the royalties (see "Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties"). That suit claimed "Rose's actions were malicious, fraudulent and oppressive, and undertaken in conscious disregard of [slash and Duff's] property rights."

There's no word on what financial damages, if any, last week's filing will seek.

The statement issued in the wake of the suit blasts Axl's former allies, claiming "Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl [in the press] in order to garner publicity for himself" and that both musicians have made "numerous false allegations about Axl ... [and that] Mr. Rose believes that once apprised of the true facts, the judge or jury deciding these lawsuits will rule in Axl's favor on every issue before them."

The most recent suit filed against Axl, according to the statement, "attacks [his] integrity as Slash and Duff, in a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, rewrite history through false statements, which have been repeated by the media. Their attacks on Axl stand in sharp contrast to Rose's conduct. Axl has at all times worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N' Roses songs to."

Moreover, the statement claims Slash showed up uninvited at Axl's door early one morning in October to offer a truce. "Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' '[Velvet Revolver frontman] Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates [Revolver drummer] Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' "

"Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions, but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N' Roses legacy and expose the truth," Howard Weitzman, Axl's attorney, said in the statement. "Axl believes he has been left with no alternative but to respond to these lawsuits. It would have been Axl's preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private. The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former bandmates."

A spokesperson for Slash, McKagan and Velvet Revolver said the band had no comment.

— Chris Harris

I like how to slash fans its cool for slash to talk shit or mock axl (remember when he and scott dresed up as bucket and axl for halloween?) but when Axl fires back, he's automatically a liar.

I believe Axl over any of those other guys. He doesn't run his mouth every opportunity he gets, he is very selective about when and how he talks.

The statement says it best, Axl didn't want to have all this go to court, he wanted to deal with this privately with people he thought used to be his friends and buisiness partners. They chose the other road.

they did that?ANYONE GOTTA PICTURE?

sounds like axl is giving out payback

he obviously wants to distance the old guys from his new project'what better way to do that than embaress them with this statement'showing everyone theres no way these guys are coming back to gnr'also causing them to argue amonst themselves :rofl-lol:

work on your reading comprehension skills before debating with me please. i clearly said I had no problem with people who were fans of both. the ones who do not like Axl i feel have no reason to be here.
i respect the ones that at least stay in the VR section.

To me, this implies that you think Slash fans need to stay in the VR section.

no shit...

Its a really good thing you recognize that!

because most of them turn every single thread in the GNR section into 'this band isn't guns n roses, axl is an ass, blah blah blah'. I've said many times I would stop if it stopped here.

Well, then lets try being mature about it. Youre only feeding the fire by ripping on VR in its own section.

been a fan since 1991, you don't need to tell me.

But you obviously have something against Slash, and it shows. Its the big reason you dont get along with the GNR fans at this forum. Just thought you needed to be reminded this is a GNR forum, not an Axl Rose forum.

tell that to the slash nutswingers. I realize many are fans of both, I'm takling bout the ones who don't continue to support Axl and the current lineup

Because as of now, the current lineup has no reason to be glorified.

Edited by sweetness

MTV has a similar release with comment added. The release has the 530am escapade attached, lending some credence to the claim.

---- Moreover, the statement claims Slash showed up uninvited at Axl's door early one morning in October to offer a truce. "Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' '[Velvet Revolver frontman] Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates [Revolver drummer] Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' " ----

I like the pic at the top of the article with Axl showing off his ballwarmer.

Edited by ohjay

The part about Slash visiting Axl is obviously fake, totally different way of writing.

That said:

Slash can suck Axl's dick. He is chained to posing in VR for Scotty love for the rest of his life :xmasssanta:

Edited by lllll

While i admire your loyalty Axls_Disalusions i can't help but find your comments biased and very short sighted, no matter how much evidence people put in front of you showing this is a rumour and not a fact you just won't quit, kinda sad.

Not meant to offend but you aint doing your cause any good ;)

so did Slash go round to Axls for a sleep-over then?

According to the statement I posted, yes. Someone want to confirm with the attorney at:

hweitzman@ggfirm.com

Let's just have one person do it - if they guy gets 80 emails with the same text, his spam filter is going to pick them all up...

GnR is such a wicked Soap Opera. I can't wait to hear Slash's response to this or for that matter Weiland's. I think this might just be part of old Uncle Axl's plan to raise publicity for Chinese Democracy. Doesn't anyone else think it's strange that he has waited this long to comment since he's known about the lawsuit for around a year, and since Slash supposedly visited him back in October.

i dont get this hole thread. 17 pages...?

we all know that Slash is a drunken bastard!like we didnt know that before...

slash seems like a crying baby everytime he puts hes fuckin nose into the media!With that guy nothin would suprise me, im sure hes dreaming every night how good it would be to be beck in the GNR, while he should be more conserned about produce hes own record and care about hes own band, and stop talkin about shit about Axl.

Slash has shown a bitterness over the last years, and do i like it?yes...go fuck yourself and your poore band!its a wild since i heard the name Velvet Revolver....mmmmmmm

are they stil alive?=

so did Slash go round to Axls for a sleep-over then?

My guess is Slash had a panic attac when he heard TWAT........went out for a drink, then some how found himself at Axl's house fucked up drunk!......Axl kidnapped his ass...made him say all kind of stuff about his VR band mates.

BINGO!..........blackmail!