AXL ROSE says SLASH Made Unannounced Visit to his Home in October 2005

Madagascar88

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose’s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: “Duff was spineless,” “Scott was a fraud,” that he “hates Matt Sorum”

That's a dirty trick from Axl.

Edited by Alan Niveen

It's funny that the press release says that Slash was constantly bashing Axl and dragging his name through the mud, yet this 'press release' is doing exactly that to Slash.

This article reads like it was written by a kid in high school. No esteemed law office, or any type of professional would ever release a 'press release' so dumb and amateurish.

This has fake written all over it.

Dear Lord.

How many Admins of established GnR Forums need to have this sent to them, FROM SANCTUARY VERBATIM, for people to realise THIS ISN'T FAKE!!!!

Question the accuracy of the details of the statement by all means, but please don't call it fake. It makes you look an intellectual pygmy.

I never seen such a childish statement, its hard to believe a legal team would endorse it,

after all these tour dates being announced, all the leaks and indeed appearances and thats

the first press release we get?

Those children need to grow the fuck up, I mean there all now in their 40s, this is just silly,

they don't need a courtroom, they need a mother! <_<

All I know is if that's an actual press release from Axl's lawyer, then Axl and the entire GNR camp are more fucked than we all thought. It looks like a teenager wrote that.

Edited by OTHAFA

Let's just wait and see. Can't we get madison to pm Merck and verify that the part about Slash is official? It just doesn't tie up with what was said in the Rolling Stone article. Of course we can't rule out the possibility that the Rolling Stone article was heavily edited. Because remember how Axl is speaking about Slash then all of a sudden it mentions Izzy?

Plus with Jarmo confirming it... This is dreadful news for Velvet Revolver. Hey at least I saw them whilst they existed :P

It's not fake, but it's stupid.

Slash talking to Axl on how much he hates Duff, Mat, and Scott is stupid to you?

it sounds like a double talking Jive to me........a cry for help.

Please Axl, take me back in GNR and i forget about the law suits!

Sanctuary have re-sent out the press release, as Business Wire edited the original. The release now has this cover note:
The following press release, which was sent earlier, is the official response from W. Axl Rose in regards to the lawsuits filed by Saul "Slash" Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan. A version of this release was also sent out over the Business Wire through the Entertainment Wire National with Trades, but was edited and did not contain all of the information intended. The attached release is the version that should be used in all reporting of Mr. Rose's reply to the lawsuits and all inquiries about this discrepency should be directed to Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq.

I'd provide a link but Sp/1at is censored :lol:

It's amazing to think that such a prestigious lawyer as Howard Weitzman would employ a writer with so little command of spelling, punctuation and grammar and allow them to draft a statement to the press. He/she did not even reference the publication names correctly. And wouldn't a media savvy lawyer such as Mr. Weitzman expect a publication to edit a press release?

Slash talking to Axl on how much he hates Duff, Mat, and Scott is stupid to you?

I meant that the statement was stupid. Just like you.

Piss off ! Freak ! :fuckyou:

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose’s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: “Duff was spineless,” “Scott was a fraud,” that he “hates Matt Sorum”

That's a dirty trick from Axl.

If it is 'D' trick, then Slash should pop over to Axl's and unleash his alligator :scared:

Guest Matt13

I love how all the Slash dick lickers say this is a "childish" or "immature" statement written by a "teenager". I find it very poignant, informative and professionally written.

Funny, all Slash, Duff and especially Matt have done over the years is badmouth Axl and badmouth what was GNR. Every now and then one of them would come out and pay a compliment to Axl... but in that same time frame, Axl has for the most part kept his mouth shut less a brief mention of the old guys back in 2001/2 when he released that statment on GNR online.com.

Now that the other side of the story has been made known, all the Slash/Duff lovers are up in arms... "how immature"... "that was stupid".

Fact is, half of you probably don't even understand half of the statement as it's beyond your capacity for comprehension.

I think the goal of this letter is to put to rest any ideas of a reunion, for good. Slash recently has been doing a little ass kissing and getting some press thanks to the current status, or at least the recent rumblings, of Chinese Democracy. Axl probably doesn't like that free press and also is probably sick of people approaching him with reunion questions.

Something tells me some of the current band members needed some reassuring that they're not going anywhere.

This definitely does it.

Again, good job Axl. At least you're firing back professionally and not doing it through some reporter or something. It's good to know that side of the story and THANK YOU for shutting some of these reunion folks up once and for all. Try to ignore their bitching.

Edited by Matt13

It's funny that the press release says that Slash was constantly bashing Axl and dragging his name through the mud, yet this 'press release' is doing exactly that to Slash.

This article reads like it was written by a kid in high school. No esteemed law office, or any type of professional would ever release a 'press release' so dumb and amateurish.

This has fake written all over it.

Dear Lord.

How many Admins of established GnR Forums need to have this sent to them, FROM SANCTUARY VERBATIM, for people to realise THIS ISN'T FAKE!!!!

Question the accuracy of the details of the statement by all means, but please don't call it fake. It makes you look an intellectual pygmy.

I didn't go through all the pages...

Then I guess it's true. It still is one of the most childish and biased pieces of tripe I have ever read.

It ceases to amaze me, that AXL has someone of the biggest dumbasses working for him. This has to be one of the worst management teams today.

The best thing thing AXL can hope for is that this press release does not get alot of publicity. It makes him look bad, and childish, and it will no doubt leave a sour taste in people's mouths.

I love how all the Slash dick lickers say this is a "childish" or "immature" statement written by a "teenager". I find it very poignant, informative and professionally written.

Funny, all Slash, Duff and especially Matt have done over the years is badmouth Axl and badmouth what was GNR. Every now and then one of them would come out and pay a compliment to Axl... but in that same time frame, Axl has for the most part kept his mouth shut less a brief mention of the old guys back in 2001/2 when he released that statment on GNR online.com.

Now that the other side of the story has been made known, all the Slash/Duff lovers are up in arms... "how immature"... "that was stupid".

Fact is, half of you probably don't even understand half of the statement as it's beyond your capacity for comprehension.

I think the goal of this letter is to put to rest any ideas of a reunion, for good. Slash recently has been doing a little ass kissing and getting some press thanks to the current status, or at least the recent rumblings, of Chinese Democracy. Axl probably doesn't like that free press and also is probably sick of people approaching him with reunion questions.

Something tells me some of the current band members needed some reassuring that they're not going anywhere.

This definitely does it.

Again, good job Axl. At least you're firing back professionally and not doing it through some reporter or something. It's good to know that side of the story and THANK YOU for shutting some of these reunion folks up once and for all. Try to ignore their bitching.

I don't recall Matt Sorum bashing Axl. The only time i recall Matt Sorum mention Axl was when said he sure hopes Axl finds happiness (as he was under the impression he wasn't).

This definitely does it.

You think a biased one-sided piece of yellow journalism basically slandering Slash and Duff's character is poignant. Hmmm....you do realize this is a press release from his lawyer right? It's supposed to make the opposing party look like shit. :confused:

This seems kinda weird... :unsure:

You can tell that the writer is totally going directly against slash...I don't think a professional lawyer would be that one-sided. Well just have to wait for more info I guess.

Slash is the biggest part of VR. If Slash quit, VR would be finished.

Edited by dobadog

i agree,FOR BUCKETHEAD

I'm not sure where that paragraph came from about Slash showing up at Axl's house. It wasn't in the press statement that was issued over Business Wire.

I also have to question its truth. Afterall, didn't Slash state in a recent interview that he hadn't spoken to Axl in 10 years? ... Whoever added this paragraph sounds like they have an axe to grind, and - frankly - I have a hard time believing it.

However, I thought the rest of the statement made good points.

I'm not sure where that paragraph came from about Slash showing up at Axl's house. It wasn't in the press statement that was issued over Business Wire.

I also have to question its truth. Afterall, didn't Slash state in a recent interview that he hadn't spoken to Axl in 10 years? ... Whoever added this paragraph sounds like they have an axe to grind, and - frankly - I have a hard time believing it.

However, I thought the rest of the statement made good points.

well, why don't you check it out with merck? supposedly merck confirmed it to be true, according to some over at HTGTH. let's see what he has to say to you about it.