The leaks

Sjakalen

Can the leaked demos be leaked from a former producer?

a interesthing thing, because they maybe has change alot. Wich time did Axl switch produser last time?

I think the leaks can be from 2000.(or maybe earlier).

And that maybe because theres only demos and not finished material flowing around. i think theyr from a earlier producer..-

any thaughts..?

How about you consider the fact Axl carries CD's of the album everywhere he goes, plays it in strip clubs across the country, Mike Piazza is getting CD's in the mail. Im surprised nothing has leaked sooner.

Its not producers, its not Buckethead, its not Slash. It's Axl's carelessness to realize it's the Internet age where everything is available to everyone. Not that Axl really cares anyways. He likes the attention, he's invested his money, and he doesnt care about a couple leaks. The only people worried are the record companies who make their money from cd sales.

I've listened to the "leaks" now for three weeks......Thoughts? Lets hope its a old producer because this stuff isn't blazing any new trails and onehas to wonder if ten years of waiting only puts out stuff as uninspiring as this material is.

Each of us in this forum likes Guns and Roses for a particular reason mainly the sound that the band produced. None of the new songs has that quality of sound that hits you in the face and strapps you in for a ride.

If this is the "sound" that AXL was reaching for ...its good to a degree but its not going to light the world on fire as much as I hoped it would in my humble opinion. It's pretty subdued stuff...sad enough to say.

Where ever the source of these leaks originated I hope they were experiments by the band trying to gell into a cohesive unit because there isn't a SCOM or a Paradise City November Rain ect.... in the lot.

GNR's sound was blues based riffs.... this stuff is fun but......

Is it to late to give Slash a call????

I've listened to the "leaks" now for three weeks......Thoughts? Lets hope its a old producer because this stuff isn't blazing any new trails and onehas to wonder if ten years of waiting only puts out stuff as uninspiring as this material is.

Each of us in this forum likes Guns and Roses for a particular reason mainly the sound that the band produced. None of the new songs has that quality of sound that hits you in the face and strapps you in for a ride.

If this is the "sound" that AXL was reaching for ...its good to a degree but its not going to light the world on fire as much as I hoped it would in my humble opinion. It's pretty subdued stuff...sad enough to say.

Where ever the source of these leaks originated I hope they were experiments by the band trying to gell into a cohesive unit because there isn't a SCOM or a Paradise City November Rain ect.... in the lot.

Why are you here? That sound died in the mid 1990's when Axl decided he didn't want to go down the road of pumping out average records, just to maintain the sound of the original band.

Seriously, you shouldn't be here. Chinese Democracy isn't meant to sound like Appetite for Destruction. If you don't think its a good thing, find another band to follow. You don't like the new band yet you still spend 10 years waiting for an album that is going to disappoint you.

Brian May recorded hes part in 1999. And the CITR version is not the finished one. I think this proves that these leaks are from a former producer. Why arent any of the leaks studio versions?

a old producer has nothin to lose if one of them has leaked them...

Music is usually leaked during mastering, but could be during mixing as well. The reason is because the material is shipped off site. Axl might very well have a fortress and a moat and a vault etc but when the recording is done they gotta get the tracks mixed down.. then mastered. I bet whoever mixed the stuff did so in Axl's presence, more likely in a nice multimillion dollar studio than Axls house but he could have very well taken mix's to fiddle around with on his own time. Especially since this is Axl rose-guns n roses here I'm sure Axl pulled out all the stops to get the best mix’s possible thus hiring the best mixing engineers, something that costs a pretty penny. And it’s kinda tough to tell these big gun mixers where and when they can mix the records.

I'd put my money on mastering though. Something ridiculous like 80% of leaked music comes from the artists shipping the FULLY MIXED album tracks off to the mastering engineers who are almost ALWAYS located off site. The mastering process is so technical and so "Zen" that these guys can’t just jump in a studio they know nothing about the stuff needs to go to them. From them, you have song in final format, album ready. My guess is that’s where we got IRS, Better and TWAT. Catcher sounds more like a real demo, as where the other ones sound professionally mixed and there is clearly compression added – something the mastering engineer does. That would be my guess.

I just think it's marketing. To create a buzz. Axl shows up and rolling tone interviews him, then the leaks, then tour dates. Companies use "leaks" as marketing all the time. Asking sites to take the songs down is more of a "formality" when you're the one doing the leaking anyway.

Just what I think

Guest Matt13
so why is BH on some of them

who said BH is on any of them?

How about you consider the fact Axl carries CD's of the album everywhere he goes, plays it in strip clubs across the country, Mike Piazza is getting CD's in the mail. Im surprised nothing has leaked sooner.

Its not producers, its not Buckethead, its not Slash. It's Axl's carelessness to realize it's the Internet age where everything is available to everyone. Not that Axl really cares anyways. He likes the attention, he's invested his money, and he doesnt care about a couple leaks. The only people worried are the record companies who make their money from cd sales.

Boy, am I glad we have someone who knows Axl on the board :rolleyes:

Hey dude, Poison just called, they want their neon fishnet t-shirts and white Reebok hightops back.

This new shit kicks some serious ass compared the the BS on the radio waves today. All of the recent leaks are top 10 worthy. Take that to the bank... and don't forget to send that stuff back to the Poison guys.

Edited by Matt13