Its like the early 90's again!

dtjmf13

this year is gona be huge, all the great bands from the early 90s are releasin somethin, well some of them.

GNR of course hopefully will, then u have Pearl Jam, Chili Peppers, Alice In Chains back together, some of the former members of STP have somethin and a few others. hopefully with all these great rock bands comin back this year, it will put shame on all the new shit music we have today, and bring back true rock!

Meh. This doesn't feel like 'GNR' to me. There's only one member from the original band. It has more of an Axl Rose solo feel.

you know what it is to me that makes it not feel like Gn'R?

you watch all the old band videos, and it is mostly dark colors on a dark stage.. everything looked dirty and bad-ass...

you watch the new band in action... and there are bright colors everywhere on a polished, shiny stage. Buckethead's raincoat... his bucket... Tommy wearing some ridiculous get-up... the whole stage being bright, flashy lights and things... Axl's large clothing... it's the brightness that gets me...

So it's more of a visual setback than an audible one, though there definitely is a huge difference there, too.

Meh. This doesn't feel like 'GNR' to me. There's only one member from the original band. It has more of an Axl Rose solo feel.

you watch all the old band videos, and it is mostly dark colors on a dark stage.. everything looked dirty and bad-ass...

you watch the new band in action... and there are bright colors everywhere on a polished, shiny stage. Buckethead's raincoat... his bucket... Tommy wearing some ridiculous get-up... the whole stage being bright, flashy lights and things... Axl's large clothing... it's the brightness that gets me...

So it's more of a visual setback than an audible one, though there definitely is a huge difference there, too.

Good post. The visual feel is lacking obviously with no Slash (his hair) and Duff et al. We see a bunch of goth session musicians who I've never heard of. With a glossy stage and a braided Axl wearing huge hockey jerseys. It's odd. Musically, Axl's voice isn't as solid, and he refuses to sing Knockin On Heaven's Door the proper way (hey, hey, hey-hey yeah). He also is bitter and pissed off at his former bandmates. It's sad times for me. The fact that he insists on using the GNR name is pretty smarmy (it smacks of vengeance--as if he wants to prove to Slash and Izzy that he can do it better on his own-but still call it GNR). Fucked up.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Can we have the 60's again, please?

There is no love.

I second that.

I missed the 60s the first time round. :(

You are not the only one friend.

I agree with you

Don't forget AC/DC!!

Cliff (bassist) says album out in June. :)

God I really hope we dont have another early 90s. That period blowed in my opinion.

Nowadays there really is a ton of great metal, the situation is the best its been since the 80s imo. And it seems rock is making a comeback. 3 years ago, how often did you see gnr, ac/dc, zeppelin etc. on music channels and radio, and its all over it now.

yeah, i agree with you

the older, darker feel was much better

and its great to see all these old bands comin back! :D :D

yeah, i agree with you

the older, darker feel was much better

and its great to see all these old bands comin back! :D :D

all of these bands are only reforming cos they've spent all of their money on crack

aww just admit it already..

WE NEED SLASH AND DUFF BACK.

:P