Cinderella

zakk

I hate to get notalgic; but these guys had a lot of great songs and unfortunetly got lumped in with the rest of the hair bands. Their blues oriented rock stands the test of time. They are supposedly going to tour with Poison this summer. I think they are very underrated.

Guest zipgunboogie

yeah they are, they stand out in the 80's bands like that, other than their image they shouldnt be called ''hair band'' their music is really bluesed based, and Toms lyrics were as good as anyone elses at the time

I love this thread rock3

By the way, PCG, Tom Keifer still is hot :shades:

372226231_l.jpg

He's 2 years older than Axl. So 46.

Yeah, Cinderella are my favourite band, next to GNR, and they are heavily underrated.

I mean, yeah I can see Night Songs being called hair metal, everything after that isn't.

And Still Climbing is underrated as fuck! Go buy it now!

stillclimbing.jpg

To bad their label is being dicks and they cant release any new material :anger:

why not? :tongue2:

I'll try and summarize best I can.

In 1994 Cinderella released "Still Climbing" which sold poorly (In my opinion it's their best) because grunge was in and hard rock and hair metal was out. After that the label dropped them. Around the same time Tom's throat was getting knackered and he'd have to warm up his voice for 2 hours a day to be able to sing like that. Cinderella agreed to go their separate ways. In 1996 they reformed for a tribute gig (without Fred Coury) and in 1997 recorded a new track for their best of coming out (with Fred Coury, album entitled "Once Upon A...") This got huge reaction out of the fans, so Cinderella decided to tour in 1998 and 1999 on the "Unfinished Business" tour. This tour got a huge ticket sales, and in 2000 Cinderella signed a new deal with Porcelain Records, and went on a summer tour with Poison. Towards the end of 2000 Cinderella went to work on their new studio album. In the Summer of 2001, They were ready to release the new album, but Porcelain had gone out of business. For some reasons I'm not sure of Sony somehow got the rights to the album and songs and to Cinderella. They don't want to release the album as they think it will do poorly, so all Cinderella can do at this point is release live albums, best of's and rarities and DVDs or go on tour. So they've toured in 2002, 2004 and 2005 and plan to again this year. They still are fighting the legal battle with Sony, and hopefully they'll get the album out in the end. Until then there is the Naked Beggars (which has Eric Brittingham and Jeff Labarr) and Tom Keifer has a solo album on the way.

I would say they were underated. They much better than many of the contemperaries they get compared too. (Motley, Poison, Warrant etc.)

how can you compare Motley Crue to Poison and Warrant? the Crue were the real fucking deal, Poison and Warrant were just watered down Motley knock offs. you can jam Too Fast For Love or Shout At The Devil today and they sound bad-ass. how do "Talk Dirty" and "Down Boys" sound?

I would say they were underated. They much better than many of the contemperaries they get compared too. (Motley, Poison, Warrant etc.)

how can you compare Motley Crue to Poison and Warrant? the Crue were the real fucking deal, Poison and Warrant were just watered down Motley knock offs. you can jam Too Fast For Love or Shout At The Devil today and they sound bad-ass. how do "Talk Dirty" and "Down Boys" sound?

As shite as Too Fast For Love or Shout At The Devil?