Emo/Screamo/pop punk

Death Star

I am 15 and I like some Pop Punk music, like Simple Plan or even Sum 41, my favourite punk band. Why? Because I can relate to the lyrics, as they reflect some of the problems teens usually go through. Most of you have past your teens, that's why you don't deal with these things anymore. But I do. Of course, the music has to sound good, and some does. Your problem is that you can't accept other people like the lyrics and music and try to always put your opinion on top. It seems as if to be a member of this board, you have to hate all those singers that express their feelings about their problems or the problems of the crowd they aim at. And that is wrong. Just accept it: you may not like, but you mustn't influence others to stop listening to that kind of music just because you think it is childish and forget what it is like to be my age.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 15 and I like some Pop Punk music, like Simple Plan or even Sum 41, my favourite punk band. Why? Because I can relate to the lyrics, as they reflect some of the problems teens usually go through. Most of you have past your teens, that's why you don't deal with these things anymore. But I do. Of course, the music has to sound good, and some does. Your problem is that you can't accept other people like the lyrics and music and try to always put your opinion on top. It seems as if to be a member of this board, you have to hate all those singers that express their feelings about their problems or the problems of the crowd they aim at. And that is wrong. Just accept it: you may not like, but you mustn't influence others to stop listening to that kind of music just because you think it is childish and forget what it is like to be my age.

:lol::lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

My favourite music is the dark, emotional stuff by people who express their feelings (the smiths, jeff buckley, nick cave, antony and the johnsons, ect....)

Why does everyone here on this forum except for Matt_Barker and a few others hate Emo/pop punk/screamo? Is it because you just can't relate to it or think it is just dumb? Not have more of the GN'R influenced roots? I enjoy this music. I am not ashamed of saying it I like that kind of music. I like My Chemical Romance, Kane Hodder, Fall Out Boy and Motion City Soundtrack. But why do most people hate it? :anger:

Because it sucks?

Damian talking to girl with pictureof emo poserboy on msn:

The Damian | This seems to suit you better Bleeding out the eyes says:

EMOOOOOOOOO!

It's Not Me So Who Am I Now? [is There Another Side Behind The Black And White] says:

me ?

no

the emo

It's Not Me So Who Am I Now? [is There Another Side Behind The Black And White] says:

never

oooh

yeh

he is hot

HE IS EMO

so wot

HE DESERVES THE DEATH PENALTY...IM SUREHE AGREES

hmm ok

sure

cool

il change it for ya then lovelyu

eem

Sure

I won't read the responses here, because I've seen enough on this.

The only thing that's wrong with today's music is that it isn't half as good as the music we listen to, and that it isn't memorable either.

that and the fact that its stupid fuckin emo, screamo, sissy, girlie fagboy music.

What a mature post. :rolleyes:

The only thing that's wrong with today's music is that it isn't half as good as the music we listen to, and that it isn't memorable either.

that and the fact that its stupid fuckin emo, screamo, sissy, girlie fagboy music.

although a bit immature that post is.......

its also very true.

just tellin it how it is :rolleyes:

I don't like the current trend of "emo" music and style and mentality....

It seems to me like it's just a bunch of losers singing about how lame they are. "waahh, no one gets me... my mom's a bitch..... girls don't talk to me.... waaahhhh"

What ever happened to ROCK STARS, not some average guy that nerds can relate to?

I want my musicians to be cooler than the pimple-faced kid that bags my groceries. I want them to be agressive, sexy, rich, stubborn, intimidating and not politically-correct. Someone who smokes and drinks and fucks and fights. I want to listen to people who are entirely NOT average.

So, you want an empty shell, a Spinal Tap come to life, a cock rock star monkey boy who can play the guitar with his dick while you throw quarters into his tip jar for "entertainment purposes"?

Seems to be plenty of them around now. Hell, I'll even give you my time machine so you can hop right back to 1983 so you can get the original and not some clone or the original who's put on 30+ pounds. I do it because I genuinely care. Don't worry, nerdy musicians/artists will NEVER take over or steal David Coverdale's spotlight.Nerdy musicians will NEVER have to worry about gettin' groupies who have pussies hotter and wetter than a Louisiana swamp. I mean COME ON, who the fuck do these nerdy motherfuckers think they are huh?!?! The nerve that they decided to strap on instruments think they can even ATTEMPT to emulate our rock3 rock1 rock3 ROCK GODS. These nerds are just mere mortals and shall be torn asunder under the weight of Gene Simmons and any survivors will be cast into stone by the AWESOME sight of Slash.

These nerds should have their instruments torn from their grasp and be broken into a million pieces ala Pete Townsend and we shall laugh HA HA and we shall scoff at the mere thought that these nerdy, geeky,douchbag looking motherfuckers even ATTEMPTED to create art whether it be personal or impersonal.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to grease myself up so I can squeeze into my leather pants and go out looking for some HAWT CHICKS.

Party Hardy, Rock N Roll, Do Some Acid, Smoke A Bowl. YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

See this guys got the idea. ;) rock on matey rock3

what i hate is that its sort of like all pretend. like all the eye make up and shit to make you look stoned or on drugs or ill or overtired or whatever. my birds house mate is an emo kid and on her b'day had some mates around. she came down the next day saying how much beer theyd got through 'woah like 60 beers man' and when she was putting out the recycling we noticed they were all bottles. upon questioning the answer we were given - 'it looks cooler drinking out of bottles'

yeah its true with alot of genres, but image is important to be considered in the correct clique. but what really pisses me off is like on the gig circuit you get these emo bands using effects and shit to boost their sound where as the metallers dont use shit and get the best sounds from just the guitar and amp. yet they get over looked because its not as trendy.

fuck off emo - rock boys do it for real.

Edited by Big Boy Sixx

I don't like the current trend of "emo" music and style and mentality....

It seems to me like it's just a bunch of losers singing about how lame they are. "waahh, no one gets me... my mom's a bitch..... girls don't talk to me.... waaahhhh"

What ever happened to ROCK STARS, not some average guy that nerds can relate to?

I want my musicians to be cooler than the pimple-faced kid that bags my groceries. I want them to be agressive, sexy, rich, stubborn, intimidating and not politically-correct. Someone who smokes and drinks and fucks and fights. I want to listen to people who are entirely NOT average.

So, you want an empty shell, a Spinal Tap come to life, a cock rock star monkey boy who can play the guitar with his dick while you throw quarters into his tip jar for "entertainment purposes"?

Seems to be plenty of them around now. Hell, I'll even give you my time machine so you can hop right back to 1983 so you can get the original and not some clone or the original who's put on 30+ pounds. I do it because I genuinely care. Don't worry, nerdy musicians/artists will NEVER take over or steal David Coverdale's spotlight.Nerdy musicians will NEVER have to worry about gettin' groupies who have pussies hotter and wetter than a Louisiana swamp. I mean COME ON, who the fuck do these nerdy motherfuckers think they are huh?!?! The nerve that they decided to strap on instruments think they can even ATTEMPT to emulate our rock3 rock1 rock3 ROCK GODS. These nerds are just mere mortals and shall be torn asunder under the weight of Gene Simmons and any survivors will be cast into stone by the AWESOME sight of Slash.

These nerds should have their instruments torn from their grasp and be broken into a million pieces ala Pete Townsend and we shall laugh HA HA and we shall scoff at the mere thought that these nerdy, geeky,douchbag looking motherfuckers even ATTEMPTED to create art whether it be personal or impersonal.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to grease myself up so I can squeeze into my leather pants and go out looking for some HAWT CHICKS.

Party Hardy, Rock N Roll, Do Some Acid, Smoke A Bowl. YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

See this guys got the idea. ;) rock on matey rock3

Hurrah! Rock on seconded! rock3rock3

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
just dont listen to it then.

Yes, what are you going to do, report bad music to the FBI or some shit?

Some music sucks, it's always been this way. You don't have to listen to it.

ok its simple

thr pussy lil bitchs that do nothing but complain

thr guitar sucks it all sounds the same sum dude fucking around high on the neck playing stupid shits that takes no talent but most important has no feeling and then they have another guitar playing low notes alos very simple and they steal alot!!! of rythems from other bands and they have there drums miked as if the drums arnt loud already..dont get me wrong the drums rock! but they they make them sounds its mother fuckin lame

plus they all look and act like lil fags...they bitch bout every thing... my advice for emos and pop punk is drop the act.. grab a beer or sumtin turn on sum rock..then once ur balls drop go get laid..and for sream-os sum of them are kool i mean the people .i hate the music sum and most of the guitar drums and bass players are good but the singing is gay and stupid.

well thats my lil rant

Ok well cos im 18 there are a fair of my mates that are emoish, but their friends who im not friends with are massive emos. I went to one of their parties and it was the worst party i went to, none of the emo chicks put out, like no one was drinking, and everyone was just talking about depressing stuff. I mean what the hell, parties are meant to be hell fun piss ups. To make it worse they were playing Emo music which all sounded the same and they were all dressed the same, in black. (i was wearing a white T shirt and stuck out like a sore thumb)

Yeah i aint got nothing against it, i just dislike the whole culture surrounding the music. Hell i heard an emo song on the radio other day which had some awesome guitar chops.