What if no CD before tour....

Sociopsychotic

i really hope the release it before hand, it would make a lot of sense. I cant believ that they will play basically the same set as last time, id be so suprised if they did.

That means playing more new songs, like a post said earlier, wed have heard most of the new material itd be all over the net!

I do however not think that by not releasing itd be a disaster, peopl may be right in thinkin that a small euro tour then album release then american tour could be the order.

I dont think the album will be released beforehand. (just a gut feeling)

Well find out whats goin on when they take the stage at rio!!!!!!!!!!

Nothin would suprise me!!!!!!

I can see them doing a few dates as they have set now then droping the CD and announcing a North American tour. I don't think they can float a N. America tour without a new album. Plus, any shows before CD is released are not going to play all the new material....Once CD drops the band will be able to play all the new material live.

Being in NY near management tells me they are working on the distribution deal, artwork, press plan etc....I think he would be tied to the studio until it was finished and tied to management once it was complete, so I think CD is in the can now...

A matter of time..... If they drop CD and then tour it will be the Scorched Earth tour, if they try to pull a 2002 it will be a funeral.

:chef:

Edited by mcalldp

GNR is one of the bands that dont need an album to tour. that just the way it is!

If I were one of the newer members I'd get a bit pissed off playin SCOM, PC, WTTJ etc all the time instead of CD stuff.

Grimo.

I'll be dissapointed if they tour without the album out.

And I'll be mighty pissed if the setlist again consists mainly of songs from Appetite. :rolleyes:

I fully expect both of these things, unfortunatley.

No way the album is out before May 27th. We'd know by know.

And frankly, I question how many songs these guys actually know.

Of course i hope that the album will be released before the tour but if not..I`m sure the tour will be a big success anyway..

Mötley Crüe pulled of a successfull tour with basically just old material..Axl can too!

i think the tour should support the album, but i agree that if the album doesnt come, it will be 2002 all over again

Obviously. They certainly can tour Europe w/out a new album, Gnr are selling a lot of tickets here for the "summer festival tour". But a US tour w/out a new album is totally pointless, and , yes, "it will be 2002 all over again".

With all due respect, Mötley featured all the original members... The thrill of seeing them all back together is missing in Guns n' Roses today. I hope they will release something to support the new image. Even though I'd be happy to see them without new songs too rock1 rock3

With all due respect, Mötley featured all the original members... The thrill of seeing them all back together is missing in Guns n' Roses today. I hope they will release something to support the new image. Even though I'd be happy to see them without new songs too rock1 rock3

Yes Mötley Crüe had all the original members but i still think Axl can pull of a successfull tour without new material...So many people want to see him.

Without new material a tour will suffer from diminishing returns. I think they are using these overseas dates to sharpen up, get the press started rolling and then drop the CD. North America is a tough market for tours, they go to other countries to get in shape before they bring the show here. I don't care who they are, a tour here with no new record would sink G N' R 2002 all over again and the media would turn Axl into a joke overnight...take 10 years to do an album, then go on tour with no new album? Won't fly.

Plus, this band has a high bar. We're talking about really large venues they need to fill, not clubs or bars. To fill a stadium takes real numbers and interest and new material. if you were an active band you could pull this off a couple times in a career but having been gone this long, a comeback is on the line, this process needs to be effective. If I were Axl I would have NASA ground control working for me on all of this.

Without new material a tour will suffer from diminishing returns. I think they are using these overseas dates to sharpen up, get the press started rolling and then drop the CD. North America is a tough market for tours, they go to other countries to get in shape before they bring the show here. I don't care who they are, a tour here with no new record would sink G N' R 2002 all over again and the media would turn Axl into a joke overnight...take 10 years to do an album, then go on tour with no new album? Won't fly.

Plus, this band has a high bar. We're talking about really large venues they need to fill, not clubs or bars. To fill a stadium takes real numbers and interest and new material. if you were an active band you could pull this off a couple times in a career but having been gone this long, a comeback is on the line, this process needs to be effective. If I were Axl I would have NASA ground control working for me on all of this.

GnR toured half a year in North America without any new album in 1991. Half of the set consisted of new stuff but the UYI albums were delayed twice while the actual tour was going on. So your reply makes no sense.