M Shadows speaks on Scott/Axl

snakepit_uk

this was asked to the band on their Q&A forum

Have you read about the recent exchange of words between Axl Rose and Scott Weiland? Apparently Axls been shooting his mouth off saying Slash wants to join Guns n Roses again or summat like that that. Weilands responded on www.velvetrevolver.com and he has a right rant against Axl its absolutely hilarious. I think he refers to him as a 'fat, botox faced, wig wearing fuck!' Weiland rules no question. But then again I was a Stone Temple Pilots fan mainly. Do you think Axl is a bit deluded? What was he like when you met him? Whos corner you backing lol?

this was M Shadows response.

I did see some of that.

I feel AXL is a better singer, GNR was a better band (legends, STP wasn't ever close to that status), and I love the 12 New GNR songs that I have. So I'm not going to say anymore then that I usually root for the bad guy and since AXL is public enemy #1 and is my favorite singer of all time, I'll have to go with AXL. That being said, I think Scott is great and I love the Velvet Revolver record. I sure hope Slash gets back with AXL, but I doubt it will happen soon.

And for the record, AXL was nothing but a nice, down to earth, great guy to talk to when I met him. Very respectful and generous, taking pictures with everyone and just seemed to be having a good time.

Shads

http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7273

you have to be a member to view the forum.

also as mentioned in the thread that got locked because noone could be arsed with providing a source. i believe the songs that they have are the same as everyone else has.

oh my god

madagascar

the blues

chinese democracy

rhiad

irs

better

twat

catcher

better - instrumental

^i know they have those 10 for sure

i'd also asume they have silkworms and IRS instrumental.

I hpe that slash goes back too but as he said it wont happen soon.....

as things are right now...it will probably never happen... :(

Thank god. Slash has lost so much emotion in his playing.

I love Slash but I have to agree, listening to VR, I don't hear any really great parts from Slash that hit me on a deep emotional level like some of his previous work.

I hpe that slash goes back too but as he said it wont happen soon.....

as things are right now...it will probably never happen... :(

Thank god. Slash has lost so much emotion in his playing.

I love Slash but I have to agree, listening to VR, I don't hear any really great parts from Slash that hit me on a deep emotional level like some of his previous work.

I agree....his previous work was masterpiece..but now?!....its good cos its slash...but nothing hits me either :unsure:

I agree....his previous work was masterpiece..but now?!....its good cos its slash...but nothing hits me either :unsure:

He's NEVER done anything better than UYI2... Slash at his best. But yes it's a shame we can't hear him better it, he's not even been close. :(

He's NEVER done anything better than UYI2... Slash at his best. But yes it's a shame we can't hear him better it, he's not even been close. :(

Leigh anyone would think that you think UYI 2 is the best album ever :P

Grimo.

the snakepit albums had some great moments on, but axl gets the best out of slash, and from what i've heard of the new guns, slash and the others provide the best music for axl to work with.

also the track he did with elan called street child is amazing on his part.

Edited by snakepit_uk

I don't really think M. Shadows should even talk about Guns N' Roses. Mentioning that he has 12 new GNR songs will only stur everyone up to find out that they aren't real.

i think he may be joking maybes hes a member of this board and know how we go crazy and is just messing around lol