Tell Me About Your First Gig!

GNR'R

Hmm... I want to challenge myself to see if I can name all the bands I've seen...

My first show was Foreignor/Journey, with Journey headlining...

Journey, Foreignor, John Mellencamp, Texas, Van Halen, Silvertide, Josh Todd, Tesla, Brad Paisley, Off Kilter,

Appetite for Destruction, The British Invasion, Davy Jones, Little River Band, Medusa Stone, Peter Frampton, Dokken, LA Guns, Naked Beggars, David Lee Roth, Velvet Revolver, Lovedrug, Robert Plant, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Frexon Zoe, The OPD, The Black Crowes... hmm... that's all I can come up with, but I know I've seen a bunch more.

Yay! I've gotten to the point that I can't remember what concerts I've seen! I always wanted to get to this point...

Anywho... I was on the grass for my first concert, the Journey/Foreignor one. I couldn't see all that well, but I enjoyed it. I was about 10 or 11. But the fact that I couldn't see the stage well was made up to me by the fact that the couple sitting on the grass in front of us started to have sex. Very entertaining for a 10-year-old.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

My first major concert was Guns N' Roses at Chicago in 2002.

Since then...

ZZ Top - Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers Tour feat. Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Double Trouble along with Ted Nugent. It was in Noblesville, IN

Kiss and Aerosmith feat. Saliva. This was also in Noblesville, IN.

Velvet Revolver in 2004 at Chicago.

Alice Cooper feat. Silvertide in South Bend, IN.

I don't usually get to see bands, because I am from a small town that is far enough away from venues that I have to really want to see the shows badly to drive there.

I'm going to see Buckethead next month though.

Edited by EvilAsh2015

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I'm going to see Buckethead next month though.

Haha, they can't GIVE away tickets to Buckethead shows here. The venue (House of Blues) offered me up to 50 free tickets to the Buckethead show coming up.

Damn.