Tell Me About Your First Gig!

GNR'R

I'm repyling because you ended with the word cool.

Ok bands I've seen live:

Green Day

The Rolling Stones

Velvet Revolver

The Hives

Neil Diamond (That's right!) :laugh:

Foo Fighters

There's more but none worth remembering. The best one to talk about will be Velvet Revolver as that was most recent. I travelled through to Glasgow early in the day with the member Axl_morris here and we had a few beers and headed to the arena early to get a decent place. The crowd is fuckin' violent so watch out for that - They push like shit. This was Velvet Revolver... imagine what it will be like for Guns N' Roses...

Other than that - Live music... what can I say? THE SHIT!

My first concert/gig was Van Halen, June 1984. Awesome show. Me and some freinds piled into the station wagon, bought some wine coolers at a liquor store,drank them, and went to the show. When we left, we picked up a couple of chics from our town and got on the highway. Then we got in a wreck! The station wagon(think of the station-wagon from the 'Vacation movie') skidded up an embankment and back down onto the highway, then we got hit again. 8 people in the car, somehow we only ended up with a bumped fender and flat tire.

We changed the tire, the cops never came(thank GOD) and I made it home without a scratch. We all could have been killed. I'll never forget it.

Edited by JONEZY

I haven't been to a real concert yet. Once I saw the Beach Boys play Surfin U.S.A. on the Disney Epcot parks on Florida. Billy Sheehan came to town once, wasn't really a concert but it was mindblowing. And I've seen my brother and his band once do a concert at a Yamaha music store.

I'm going to Santana the 21st though, that will be my first "real" concert

My first gig I've been a member of the crowd was for a local band.. none of you would really know them. Now I get to sing with them whenever I go to their shows, so it's sweet.

My first gig I played was amazing. I was so nervous, and remember I started out the first songg WAYYYY too fast because of all my adrenaline. It was like a 5 minute song normally, and turned to like 3 minutes. I've calmed down now because I've played so many gigs now, but I always get that initial adrenaline rush, and it's great.

The first show I ever went to was Kiss but I was a bit too young to really appreciate it I think and we had really crappy seats. Then I went to an ACDC concert when I was a little older and nearly got swallowed up by the sea of people on the floor and my ears were still ringing the next day afterwards. So that was fucking great...

the Fun Lovin Criminals at Warrington Parr Hall. a very small and chilled out gig on the 'come find yourself' tour. love that album. i was 16 and i pulled 2 girls in the crowd. one dressed as wonderwoman and the other dressed as superman. Huey broke a string half way through and for some reason didnt have a spare guitar so there was a joke telling session whilst his guitar engineer restrung the bastard. great fun.

i saw tori amos about a week later in liverpool and then in manchester which was also very very good. especially when she played little earthquakes. great song that.

i saw terrorvision and pavement in that same summer in manchester uni or hop and grape

My first concert was blur at wembley arena in december 1999, it was a night where they just played all their singles and nothing else, it was to date one of the best gigs i've been to, i don't get to many gigs as most of the bands i like aren't together any more, but the last show i went to was the kings of leon at the hammersmith apollo which was the best gig i've ever been to by far...