Prince

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Well, any Prince fans? He is one of the great geniuses in pop music. Always changing, always brilliant, a great singer, songwriter, and phenomenal guitarist.

I have 1999, Purple Rain, and Around the World in a Day.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Prince. :wub: I saw him in concert in 2004, and he puts on a wonderful show!

I have everything he has ever done. He is brilliant.

I have heard high praise of his live show, I would like to see him someday. He is the total musician.

Well, any Prince fans? He is one of the great geniuses in pop music. Always changing, always brilliant, a great singer, songwriter, and phenomenal guitarist.

I have 1999, Purple Rain, and Around the World in a Day.

I bought his greatest hits album a few months ago and was actually really surprised at how many songs I knew and the quality of his song writing. His guitar playing kicks some ass too.

Great artist.

Purple Rain definitely one of my top 10 albums.

So funny, I had to listen to The Beautiful Ones about a dozen times the last few days. Long story... ^_^

I was just admiring it today, I think it's one of the best vocals ever.

i probably will. i just can not stand his voice. that just really turned me off of him

Personally I love his voice, but I can understand your logic. If I don't like a voice that overrides everything else.

i will try him again. but i dont know. we will see. i dont like a lot of pop so it could just be that. but i am always open minded. thanks :)

No problem. Prince may be pop, but he does whatever the fuck he wants to do, and he does it in style always.

oh your ODS. now i know who you are. my aunt said that i could listen to you. so perhaps i will reconsider. so purple rain is an album right?

Aha, your aunt is a great lady. Well Purple Rain is an album too, but I meant the song Purple Rain, it has a blistering guitar solo in it so check it out.

Little Red Corvette is quite a song. And Lets Get Crazy shows that he's quite the guitar player. I like him, though some of the stuff hes done is quite strange (ie. the name changing business :P )

Will do :)

Or for instant proof of Prince's six-string mastery:

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

hm, okay, he did better than clapton on that. plus it was live so, okay you seemed to convince me on that, so i will just have to get to ''like'' his voice . but if he pays like that on all his songs i dont think that will be a problem.

hm, okay, he did better than clapton on that. plus it was live so, okay you seemed to convince me on that, so i will just have to get to ''like'' his voice . but if he pays like that on all his songs i dont think that will be a problem.

Although he is great at it, he doesn't play guitar all the time. So if I were you I would get "Purple Rain" (the song) and give it a listen, maybe you will begin to like other things about him along with the guitar playing.

Un-fucking-believable! rock1 ODS, thank you for posting that! Fucking amazing! :shocked:

Prince will never cease to amaze me!

You are very welcome, I just saw it for the first time tonight. This solo is going to become legendary over the years.

so his voice? to me he reminded me of michael jackson. now is that just what i thought i remember hearing, or if u dont mind explaning

He can sing, and he is very sexual. Just get "Purple Rain", it really shows his whole act.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789