Best Song on "Blood on the Tracks"

adnan

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me it's either "Simple Twist of Fate" or "Jack of Hearts".

I pick "Lily, Rosemary, and Jack of Hearts". That song is amazing, definitely one of the most underrated songs of all time.

This poll is hard since this is a legendary album filled with kick-ass songs.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Yes! Great poll.

This is my favorite Dylan album, I love every track except for maybe "Idiot Wind". My vote goes to "Shelter From the Storm" though, just classic Bobby on that track and it can stand next to any of his work. It's great live too.

I think this was Bob's greatest album simply for the reason that it was the only time we really heard him honestly, it's a very cathartic set and you get the sense that there is no joking, unlike nearly everything before it.

Of course knowing Bobby, I could be totally off. In Chronicles he claims to have made an album about Checkov short stories that critics thought was autobiographical, and since this album is known to be autobiographical it makes me wonder.

Yes! Great poll.

This is my favorite Dylan album, I love every track except for maybe "Idiot Wind". My vote goes to "Shelter From the Storm" though, just classic Bobby on that track and it can stand next to any of his work. It's great live too.

I think this was Bob's greatest album simply for the reason that it was the only time we really heard him honestly, it's a very cathartic set and you get the sense that there is no joking, unlike nearly everything before it.

Of course knowing Bobby, I could be totally off. In Chronicles he claims to have made an album about Checkov short stories that critics thought was autobiographical, and since this album is known to be autobiographical it makes me wonder.

I also think that he was probably talking about this album when he wrote that. For me the album is his best because nearly all the songs, except as you said "Idiot Wind", are amazing and as close to perfection as possible. The songwriting is brilliant on all the tracks, surpassing, in my opinion, nearly everything he put out before it.

PS, I'm thinking of seeing Bob whenever he comes nearest to me. Since you appear to have seen some of his more recent shows, is his voice still as good and is it worth it to go and see the show?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Brilliant album, surely the best lyrical content on any album of all time? Tangled up in blue or if you see her, say hello is probaly my favourite, idiot wind is also a great song, cant believe a few of you dont like it

The iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiot wind, gets a little tiresome for me, one of the few instances in which his vocals really bother me. It's such an obnoxious song too, feels out of place.

I saw him once in '03.

This sums up my experience:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=65740

Wow, sounds great! Can't wait now.

Hope he hasn't aged much.

I managed to dig up some very recent concert vids. The energy is amazing of the band etc. His voice is a bit rusty but nothing worse than the sore-throat Axl of the latter stages of the UYI tour.