Ahhh, finally figured out why some people rip Axl so much

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

Call this part II to an earlier topic I start, where I said it was ridiculous how the Axl-haters do nothing but bitch and moan about Axl ruining or tarnishing the name "gnr" and it's legacy.

And then it just dawned on me. It's not really because they think Axl is going to release shitty albums and turn the name Guns N Roses into a joke. It's not that AT ALL.

I'm talking about the people who just rip Alx, who say that GnR was the sum of all it's parts and that without mainly Slash/Duff, but also Izzy/sorumoradler, that GnR will never have that same special feeling and meaning that they had for Appetite and Illusions.

I finally just realized that the reason these people freak out about the GnR legacy is absolutely because of the music Axl is releasing.

BUT THE OPPOSITE REASONS THAT THEY SAY!!!!

They heard the first group of songs on the 2002 tour, compared them to Contraband, and had to start getting a pit in the bottom of their stomach. The Blues and Madagascar have classics written all over them. Chinese Democracy has the potential to be a strong rock song. I like Rhiad, but realise a lot of people don't.

Then comes the new leaks. IRS. TWAT. Better. Catcher.

now the VR and slash/duff addicts are worried as FUCK. Not that Axl's next album is gonna ruin GnR's legacy.

THEY ARE WORRIED BECAUSE what is it gonna say about Slash/Duff if Axl puts out an album that kicks major ass??? How are they going to say that Slash/Duff/Izzy were the main engine behind the GnR machine, if Axl puts out an album that sells 10 million copies, has 5-6 smash hits and a sellout tour for a year???

Deep down you know a lot of these people are hoping Axl fails. (and ya, I know, I can already see the posts by some of you. "I don't want Axl to fail, blah, blah, blah. But he is a prick and he ruined GnR and he needs Slash back, blah, blah, blah).

Axl's success with the GnR name is the worst nightmare for a large group of posters in this forum. And after hearing songs like Better, The Blues, Madagascar, TWAT and Catcher, they better be scared!!!!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, no. :rofl-lol:

EDIT: I'll dignify it with a serious response.

Nobody's going to be dumb enough to compare the two.

Contraband: An album that took a few months to write and record that wasn't particularly ambitious

Chinese Democracy: An album that's taken 10, 11 years to write/record that's supposed to be some sort of masterpiece

No comparison there dude. :rolleyes:

Edited by highvoltageacdc

Call this part II to an earlier topic I start, where I said it was ridiculous how the Axl-haters do nothing but bitch and moan about Axl ruining or tarnishing the name "gnr" and it's legacy.

And then it just dawned on me. It's not really because they think Axl is going to release shitty albums and turn the name Guns N Roses into a joke. It's not that AT ALL.

I'm talking about the people who just rip Alx, who say that GnR was the sum of all it's parts and that without mainly Slash/Duff, but also Izzy/sorumoradler, that GnR will never have that same special feeling and meaning that they had for Appetite and Illusions.

I finally just realized that the reason these people freak out about the GnR legacy is absolutely because of the music Axl is releasing.

They heard the first group of songs on the 2002 tour, compared them to Contraband, and had to start getting a pit in the bottom of their stomach. The Blues and Madagascar have classics written all over them. Chinese Democracy has the potential to be a strong rock song. I like Rhiad, but realise a lot of people don't.

now the VR and slash/duff addicts are worried as FUCK. Not that Axl's next album is gonna ruin GnR's legacy.

THEY ARE WORRIED BECAUSE what is it gonna say about Slash/Duff if Axl puts out an album that kicks major ass??? How are they going to say that Slash/Duff/Izzy were the main engine behind the GnR machine, if Axl puts out an album that sells 10 million copies, has 5-6 smash hits and a sellout tour for a year???

Deep down you know a lot of these people are hoping Axl fails. (and ya, I know, I can already see the posts by some of you. "I don't want Axl to fail, blah, blah, blah. But he is a prick and he ruined GnR and he needs Slash back, blah, blah, blah).

Axl's success with the GnR name is the worst nightmare for a large group of posters in this forum. And after hearing songs like Better, The Blues, Madagascar, TWAT and Catcher, they better be scared!!!!!

great post dude :)

i hope he does kick vr's ass 'ive got contraband but cant stand weiland or his vocals

if they'd got sebastian bach i think they'd have axl on the run

Kids, this is why you say no to drugs.

this guy appollo is allowed an opinion on here' he is also allowed to start threads if he wants to

if you dont like his opinions dont post in his threads'

LAY THE FUCK OFF HIM :anger:

Dude, people can express opinions. It's a discussion forum. ;)

SO YOU CLASS APPOLLO SWALLOWS AS AN OPINION?

yeah apollo thats it man hahhaha

keep up the stupid posts :chef: .

Edited by aussie_axl

Kids, this is why you say no to drugs.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

but seriously... why the fuck would I be scared in case Axl and his guys will make it to the top?

"slash/duff addicts are worried as fuck"?? don't get me start talking about yout little Axl addiction :\. calling this shit an addiction is wierd- but whatever.

why should the guys who dislike the new band be worried? IT'S ONLY MUSIC!!! I think this new band is terrible- but still I'll be the same peson whether the new cd sells 10000000 million or not.

i think you are off the point in your thread. I think this band is not GN'R because they're not as good- not because I'm scared by their new leaks :\

Edited by Nir

i think vr hired the wrong singer thats my opinion'

I'm of the opinion that anyone who thinks Bach would have been a better choice than Weiland is a raving moron.

Opinions are great.

what are you talking about bach is an amazing singer who makes Weiland look like a pathetic moron... oh wait :o weiland is a pathetic moron i think micheal kiske would have been a better choice than him too

but back to my point bach is one of the best metal vocalists ever just listen to 'here i am' or 'i remember you'

i think vr hired the wrong singer thats my opinion'

I'm of the opinion that anyone who thinks Bach would have been a better choice than Weiland is a raving moron.

Opinions are great.

it is of my opinion that you have nothing better to do than follow me around the forum making personal attacks at me :)

allow me to retort-GET A LIFE

it is of my opinion that you have nothing better to do than follow me around the forum making personal attacks at me :)

Your paranoia does exist™.

Seriously though, there's no helping anyone who thinks Bach would have been a better choice than Weiland. :no:

There's not has the competition between the 2 bands that some people make it out to be, what does this have to do with VR anyway.

I can't wait to hear VRs next album and I'm excited when I'll finally be able to hear CD.

I "rip" on Axl as you call it because he's an asshole, he's probably one of the greatest frontman ever and is an amazing performer & songwriter and he's also an asshole. So what I still can't wait to see him on tour and hear the new album but I still think some of the decisions he makes are stupid, and again that has nothing to do with VR.

When I first heard the new GnR stuff I enjoyed it and I also enjoyed the Snakepit II album. both completely different but both are good, then VR come along and people think it's some kind of competition.

You really think deep down inside that Axl and the original guys hate each other that much ? If you had best friends and went through so much shit together and then you conquer the music scene with them and lived the dream together but then you's fall out, years later I'm sure you would still have feelings for them.

If you had something sensible to say then maybe you would be worth the effort, but you post sounds pathetic, some people really blow it out bigger then it is, and just imagine some shit all together.

::BR::

Your paranoia does exist™.

Seriously though, there's no helping anyone who thinks Bach would have been a better choice than Weiland. :no:

so does your stalking

it appears to me that no one like weiland :rofl-lol:

ps- your on ignore now' i wont see your trollish drivel anymore

Edited by lawrence

To compare anything Axl does to what VR does is silly and short sighted not to mention unfare to VR.They cannot compete to the man that Axl is and the fan base he has.His treatment of fans and his silence only go to show how loved he is and how much people will wait for him.No other frontman can command that kind of loyalty.

Besides VR blow ;)