Ramones vs. U2

Wando

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok. So U2 is good for a while, I would prolly see them live if they came and whatever.

But I absolutely despise their style. Their arrangements, the playing, the singing, the lyrics, God it gets on my nerves. Sure, I can't stand their songs and I can listen to them, but the style is boring IMO.

I nearly break my tv when I heard Bono sing "God Part II". I mean, what the hell? "I believe in love". God dammit. I can't believe he based it on a John Lennon song!

The Ramones, on the other hand, are punk. Straight in your face, and I love it. One of my favourites.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate U2, thought they're not one of my favourite bands. Listeneable at the most, a couple of good songs.

• 5 years later...
Guest Len B'stard

The Ramones by a mile. Better image, better music, as i've said previously, The Ramones early stuff all the way up to End of the Century is just pure top 10 hit matierial, it's like those fuckin 50s collections you get where every song is just fuckin bangin'. Content and image kept The Ramones off the charts and thats a criticism more of the music industry than The Ramones. U2 are just crap, always have been, Bono is sanctimonious sycophantic turd and The Edge is just...dull. A cheap third rate Keith Levene knock off...not even all of him either, a particular phase of Keith Levene.

The Ramones were the definitive article, perfect rock n roll image, perfectly crafted snappy pop songs, a totally totally totally unprescdented guitar sound, a lush voiced lead singer that could crank out a ballad with syrupy finessee and a rocker like he invented the concept. The comparison is just ridiculous, The Ramones are so far beyond U2 in every possible sense. The Ramones are probably among the 5 top American bands of all time. They changed the face of rock n roll, inspired an entire generation and they lived up to the hype with the music and the live performances. Throughout the 80s The Ramones were Americas guaranteed good rock n roll night out, always on top of their game, just fuckin sharp, honed sound through ceaseless touring, they were a band in the proper sense of the word, bangin out albums and going out on the road and playing them to the people. The Ramones were it, period, fuckin U2, gimme a break. It's such an odd comparison that it's almost a joke and i don't mean that expressly as an insult to U2, its not their fault, they're just not that good a band, certainly not to be compared with something as titanic as The Ramones were.