2006 Concert: U pick 10 songs to be played

DCGNR

Allright - At the next show you go to, you get the chance to pick only 10 songs for them to play.

Pick the order and the songs and feel free to explain why. Obviously very hard to choose just 10,

whether it's Appetite stuff or Democracy stuff, I thought It be interesting to see what people pick.

1) Civil War ( Always thought it make a good opener )

2. IRS

3. Brownstone

4. Madagascar

5. Better

6. Coma

7. Sweet Child

8. November

9. Locomotive

10. Estranged

Holy Sh*t that was tough

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allright - At the next show you go to, you get the chance to pick only 10 songs for them to play.

Pick the order and the songs and feel free to explain why. Obviously very hard to choose just 10,

whether it's Appetite stuff or Democracy stuff, I thought It be interesting to see what people pick.

1) Civil War ( Always thought it make a good opener )

2. IRS

3. Brownstone

4. Madagascar

5. Better

6. Coma

7. Sweet Child

8. November

9. Locomotive

10. Estranged

Holy Sh*t that was tough

Only 3 new songs? :unsure:

Welcome to the Jungle

Nightrain

Mr. Brownstone

Civil War

November Rain

Knockin on Heaven's Door

Sweet Child O' Mine

Better

There Was A Time

The Blues

I don't know what order to put it in.

Edited by adnan

Does anyone else feel like TWAT is not really a song that will shine live? It is so much more of a studio track. It's not the type of song that the crowd will be singing along with word for word. Just my 2 cents.

Actually i always thought TWAT would be a great closer. They could close the 1st set like they do with NR and patience with TWAT or the whole show with TWAT.

Edited by maximo

Does anyone else feel like TWAT is not really a song that will shine live? It is so much more of a studio track. It's not the type of song that the crowd will be singing along with word for word. Just my 2 cents.

Actually i always thought TWAT would be a great closer. They could close the 1st set like they do with NR and patience with TWAT or the whole show with TWAT.

That wouldn't work, Paradise City should end the show.

WTTJ

Dont Damn Me (as it have never being played live)

November Raid

Catcher in the rye

Rocket Queen

SCOM

TWAT

Dont Cry

Estranged

Paradise City

IRS

THE BLUES

MADAGASCAR

i cant pick just 10 song from the best band in history, im sorry

Ever heard about the time they played The Forum?

Sorry but... you who say "Only new songs", don't you want to hear the old ones? Okay anyway, here are some I want to hear:

Estranged (favourite song)

November Rain (favourite song)

The Blues (really great new song, my favourite of the new ones I've heard!)

Madagascar (interesting song, could be nice to hear live)

Civil War (good song)

Sweet Child O' Mine (well, I guess I don't have to explain)

IRS (Also an interesting new song, I think it's better live than this demo version!)

Patience (Classic)

Welcome To The Jungle (not because I like it very much, it's because of the audiences' screaming ;))

Don't Cry / 14 Years (I like them)

WILL WE KNOW BEFORE THE CONCERTS WHICH SONGS THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY OR IS IT A SECRET? :D I guess it's a secret but I don't know... I'm not an experience concert visitor...

Edited by DV_007

Really hard to answer that lol. There's such a wide range of songs available, however why the fuck 10? they'll play wayyy more than that, more than likley 15plus, perosonally i can see it bein bout 18 at least. Get more classics in like and maybe even a couple of covers!!!

Nighttrain

Welcome To The Jungle

Out Ta Get Me

Patience

There Was A Time

Knockin' On Heavens Door

I.R.S

Sweet Child O' Mine (maybe switch this with brownstone)

Mr. Brownstone

Paradise City

Guys, don't expect to hear Coma or Estranged; it ain't going to happen...

I think of all the new songs, TWAT will be the best live. The jam session and screeching guitars sets up really well for a live performance. It's like a big wall of sound. With Axl's vocals crying out, "I would do anything for you!!!" I think it's going to be awesome.

Since I went to six concerts in 2002 (5 of which the band showed up), I would like to hear the band open with something other than Welcome to the Jungle. Granted, I don't expect it to happen since Europe never got their full fledged tour last time out, but something else to open things up would be great; maybe Night Train or It's So Easy. Furthermore, since I'm going to the Paris show, I'd really like to hear Axl say in to the mic at some point, "Paris France... Do you know where the fuck you are!!!?" The thing about the Illusion tours was that you never new when they were going to break out WTTJ. It was always cool when Axl would say that in the middle of a set and you then knew what was coming. Putting the song at the beginning of every performance kind of ruins the surprise.

Very surprised if they play Don't Cry; won't be expecting that. If anything, I think you'll hear the standards:

WTTJ

SCOM

Pardise City

November Rain

Patience

YCBM

Either Live and Let Die or Knockin' On Heaven's Door (maybe both)

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

That's nine right there.

Most likely hear these songs:

Chinese Democracy

Madagascar

The Blues

Plus some new songs as well, but I'm guessing it's going to be some of the songs already leaked. If the album isn't out by the tour, I doubt Axl and co. wants to release any more new material than other what's heard. So I'm expecting two of these three:

Better

IRS

There Was a Time

My money is on Better and IRS.

Finally, it's never a bad decision to have Paradise City close your show (with confetti and fireworks). Yet this wasn't always done. They use to close with Knockin' on Heaven's Door from time to time. Maybe TWAT would work because it's such a monstrous song, but only once the album has been released. Can't finish a concert with a song that with the exception of a few die-hards, no one has heard before.

Cheers,

Andrew