People, You Have Heard The New Material

D-GenerationX

I'm sorry people, I just can't see Slash having any interest whatsoever in tunes like 'Better', 'There Was A Time' or 'The Blues'.

And since these are confirmed by Axl himself as being amongst his favorites, I can't see this "OMG Slash is coming back!!" talk as all that probable.

Edited by D-GenerationX

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think , like everyone else, he under-estimated what Axl was trying to do. How can you tell me, that he would'nt want to play on IRS, Better or TWAT? These are very guitar heavy tracks. Even on some of the keyboard, piano driven songs, there is ALWAYS a chance for the Lead Guitar to shine. Even though he used to bitch like a woman about having to do November Rain in concert, I can remember a very annoying ballad by Velvet Revolver all over the radio, where Slash seemed more than happy to contribute his brilliant guitar.

i really hear alot of slash potensial in twat.

i agree with that 100%. Slash would really make that song awesome. the solo that's on the demo has such rough trasitions. one idea doesn't just naturally fall into the next. that's something Slash is so good at. one minute he's all melodic and then you're going, "when did this get bluesy". i love that about Slash. the solos on the demo of TWAT are like "part A, part B, part C, etc.." way too mechanical. the individual parts are good, but like i said, the transitions could have been smoother.

Can't say he'd have interest in them or not, but he would definitely be able to improve them.

Exactly.

And I really hope Slash does come back. It would be a refreshing slap in the face to people like Axls_Disillusion.

Ya.. When the tour happens, and Slash is not there, and they pull it off without Slash, that will be good enough for me :)

Can't say he'd have interest in them or not, but he would definitely be able to improve them.

Exactly.

And I really hope Slash does come back. It would be a refreshing slap in the face to people like Axls_Disillusion.

Ya.. When the tour happens, and Slash is not there, and they pull it off without Slash, that will be good enough for me :)

Frankly, either way I personally don't care. I am going to Rio Slash or no Slash. But the fact that you have done nothing but try to discredit Slash makes me want him back even more. JUST as a slap in teh face to you, because YOU SWEAR that you would support AXL no matter who is in the band, when clearly that's a bold-faced lie.

i really hear alot of slash potensial in twat.

i agree with that 100%. Slash would really make that song awesome. the solo that's on the demo has such rough trasitions. one idea doesn't just naturally fall into the next. that's something Slash is so good at. one minute he's all melodic and then you're going, "when did this get bluesy". i love that about Slash. the solos on the demo of TWAT are like "part A, part B, part C, etc.." way too mechanical. the individual parts are good, but like i said, the transitions could have been smoother.

the twat solo even kinda sounds like slash.... but he would make it kick even more ass and twat is one of my favorite gnr songs now

I doubt he'd be interested in playing these songs.

And as far as I'm concerned, some of the songs I've heard from this new band are much better than anything Slash has made since leaving GN'R. It's even better than most of the old GN'R songs.

And besides, Slash couldn't even play in some of them (IRS, Better), nor improve them (Madagascar, The Blues, T.W.A.T., CITR). They're great.

Just my opinion.

Slash would greatly improve TWAT, CITR and The Blues. It may not be his thing but he is very telented at composing solos for that type of epic ballad that Axl seems to like so much. If The Blues had a solo as good as NR it would be an OUTSTANDING song, as it is, it's just a good one. TWAT is crying out for a Slash solo sooo badly too.

As far as IRS and Better are concerned I don't think Slash could improve them that much if at all solo wise... maybe the last solo in Better but I dunno. One thing is for sure though, the weakest parts of both those songs is that they have pretty generic riffs except for maybe the heavy middle bit in Better. Slash's riff making abilities are second to none and he'd make them so much better in that respect.

Having said that, none of this is to take away from Bucket. The guy is a genius and he owns Better and his IRS solo is great.. somehow though, I get the feeling he never really pushed himself on CD from what we've heard. Axl did say he just wanted in to GnR to further his own solo career and then fuck off, which of course he did.

I guess I'm kinda impartial in that I like both old GnR and new GnR a great deal and am a massive fan of Slash AND Buckethead. On that subject, anyone who calls Slash or Buckethead crap is an idiot. They both bring distinctly unique and extremely talented guitar playing to the table and are both positive influences on every GnR track they've featured on.

Long story short... TWAT + CITR + The Blues + Slash = Potentially fucking fantastic

Edited by PurpleHaze

I think Slash would definitely have an interest in playing on the new material.... NOT the EXACT way Buckethead or Robin Finck have on the demos... but with his own signature style.

You have to remember... when Slash left, he, and most people, thought Axl wanted the next Guns' album to be some combination of Pretty Hate Machine (NIN) and Play (Moby) or something.... Yet hardly anything Axl's come up with fits in that mold except possibly "Oh My God" and "Silk Worms"- both of which supposedly won't even be on the album. Additionally, I can imagine Slash all over "Madagascar", "The Blues", "CITR" and "TWAT".

All that being said... that doesn't mean Axl is going to bring him back... there could be a multitude of reasons that have nothing to do with music why Slash won't be back... I mean am I the only one out there that would be scared shitless that if they got back together it would be amazing for a few shows... then the old Axl and the old Slash would come out... they'd have the same fights... argue over who the fans loved more... who broke up the band... separate dressing rooms... yada yada yada...

All the guys in the current line-up meanwhile (especially now that Bucket is gone) seem pretty stable, low key guys basically there to try and help Axl pull this thing off. Even Michael Angelo Batio (if added) would seem to fit that mold... Probably a "healthier" situation for Axl frankly.

i think if Slash comes back they will go back to the studion and rerecord some of that shit so he can put he touch in the songs and that means at least one more year before album comes out. i do not see Slash coming back and just play some shitother guys put together...cuz it is shit

i think if Slash comes back they will go back to the studion and rerecord some of that shit so he can put he touch in the songs and that means at least one more year before album comes out. i do not see Slash coming back and just play some shitother guys put together...cuz it is shit

if slash coming back is in the works, then it has been probably planned out for a while between axl and slash. the leaks are old, there is a good chance that if slash is coming back then the songs have already been recorded. it doesn't take very long to rerecord a few guitar parts.

if slash coming back is in the works, then it has been probably planned out for a while between axl and slash. the leaks are old, there is a good chance that if slash is coming back then the songs have already been recorded. it doesn't take very long to rerecord a few guitar parts.

i agree... ;)