ever try these? the low e is 70 gauge! they sound is great but they are killin my pathetic hands!

i've only been playin for 20 minutes and i'm bleeding. i wouldn't recommend these if you have a floyd rose. took me well over an hour to tune up

That 70 is too much. And the treble strings are way to light. The set is so unbalanced. The Zakk Wylde Boomers (10-60) are much better, but they're pretty unbalanced as well.

Edited by santana

When kick as much as Zakk Wylde, you're allowed to be a whore. Is he the best? No. But he rules. My next call, Zakk Wylde signature beer, PinchHarmonibrau.

Ha! Signature beer, :lol: Maybe he could sell signature fake beards, his beard is pimping.

Still is think he is terribly overrated, Dime is the best guitarist of that generation.

Zakk Wylde is such a whore

signature guitars

signature amps

signature pedals

signature speaker

signature strings

Theres probably more, plectrums?

You forgot choppers and big leather guitar straps. But there's obviously a demand for all the products he uses so why not? Its called earning a living.

I hear a "Zakk Wylde signature bullseye casket" is in the works, Buzzsaw and camo style coming shortly after. :P

Monty

That 70 is too much. And the treble strings are way to light. The set is so unbalanced. The Zakk Wylde Boomers (10-60) are much better, but they're pretty unbalanced as well.

ye aim pretty sure i have those. anyway they dont hurt my fingers but i put 11 gauges on my old ibanez when i first changed them so i had a little biut of warming up nwith my new epiphone lespaul i put those on ti and yes i thionk i fucked my neck up cuz i forgot and tuned standard once. im going to try ernie balls but im bringing it back into the shop so they can try to fix my neck. lol. but i like the strings

Guest zipgunboogie

all who say 70 guage is too big needs to go home and cry to there mother............

i had a pair on my 61 sg re-issue it sounded fuckin awesome....i love gibsons with heavy strings..such a good sound

yeah they were good.....

all who say 70 guage is too big needs to go home and cry to there mother............

i had a pair on my 61 sg re-issue it sounded fuckin awesome....i love gibsons with heavy strings..such a good sound

yeah they were good.....

You actually play with those strings? They don't feel unbalanced at all to you? I mean, the top string is a .011 That's way too light for it to end at a .070 The difference in size from the 3rd to the 4th strings (.018, .036) is way too big. The size of the strings isn't the problem, it's the guages that suck. D'Addario makes a pretty decent baritone set .014 .018 .026 .044 .056 .068

Guest zipgunboogie

yeah they were good.....

You actually play with those strings? They don't feel unbalanced at all to you? I mean, the top string is a .011 That's way too light for it to end at a .070 The difference in size from the 3rd to the 4th strings (.018, .036) is way too big. The size of the strings isn't the problem, it's the guages that suck. D'Addario makes a pretty decent baritone set .014 .018 .026 .044 .056 .068

i said i had a pair on my SG..and liked how they sounded.. i like the full sound...i dont play thos strings on all my guitars tho........just on my sg and some times my Paul

yeah they were good.....

Try .13 guage on your high E, and doing 1 and a 1/2 step bends alot for two hours straight ehehehehe

Haha, i cant do that (i use .11 - .52 in standard tuning) but SRV can, yes yes, im obessed with him.

I doubt a gibson neck could take that, as mahogangy is no where near as strong as rock maple.

Edited by johnezz

They sound awfully unballanced. I don't see the point. 11's do me fine. I get a great sound, they last a while cos they're ticker and they're easy to play with (In Eb they're even easier). Having a 70 gauge E is just rediculous

A 70 gauge is just fine if you're tuning really low. I tune to a B and I use 68's.

detuning.....ew......it feels to me too....whats the word....St. Angery. I prefer half step with Super Bullet 10's, at the most slinky 11's, but for the most part, bullets work great for reverse winding on Floyd Rose. If you do it, then you know what I'm talking about.