Leonard Cohen

nameless_girl

Leonard Cohen  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although not all of his work appeals to me, I consider him one of the most talented and complex solo performers ever - he really isn't someone you'd call a singer/songwriter, but more an artist or poet (or at least in my opinion). Anyway, I think he's created some absolutely amazing songs, mostly from the "I'm Your Man" and "The Future" albums - really witty, dark and deep.

So, anyone else like his music (or certain eras of it)?

Guest PULPY

I voted good, because his work is good, and he's talented, but I only like one or two songs, and the rest seem to wash over me. But overall good. :)

One of my favorite artists ever. A lot of amazing songs : "Who By Fire", "Dance Me To The End Of Love", "Hallelujah", "The Partisan", "So Long, Marianne", "Suzanne"... All his albums are great actually !

Once he got onstage riding a horse. Classic !

He also wrote several books (novels and poems). Beautiful Losers is a good read !

Edited by Alan Niveen

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

He is in a different room than most, I don't know who you could compare him to. He was considerably old when he started making records, which is something that definitely set him apart from the others.

I think he is worth listening to but not on the same level as Dylan, Young etc. And he is much more challenging to get into, I guess you could say he has a less appealing persona.

He's written alot of great songs, but I only have his debut and it is fairly repetitive.

• 2 weeks later...