Amp doing strange noise...

My and is a sp-10.... I is doing a strange background bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz each time I plug the guitar in and when Im playing...

I can listen to the guitar loud and clear but when I stop playing the noise comes and continues...

Any idea on what the fuck is happening?? thanks

Edited by Jmm

That would be 60 cycle hum (sp)

Its when your pickups hum. No big deal happens to all guitars (more so in single coil pickups).

Unless thats not the case, is it a large amount of hum?

Put your guitar near your computer screen, does the hum get louder?

That would be 60 cycle hum (sp)

Its when your pickups hum. No big deal happens to all guitars (more so in single coil pickups).

Unless thats not the case, is it a large amount of hum?

Put your guitar near your computer screen, does the hum get louder?

It does not get much louder near the computer.... The noise gets high when when I disconnect that "clean" stuff on the amp...

But there is also some noise when It is in clean

Ok so it hums alot more when you have distortion on?

It's pretty common for all amps to hum a little, and hum more when being distorted.

So it is common... Thanks....

Well it depends, i mean, all amps do hum a little.

It's just, how loud is yours humming?

Becuase it might be a problem thats causing it.

My and is a sp-10.... I is doing a strange background bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz each time I plug the guitar in and when Im playing...

I can listen to the guitar loud and clear but when I stop playing the noise comes and continues...

i have a sp-10 :heart:

it should stop humming if you put your hand over the straings.. does yours?

That's a grounding thing. It just means there's a wire or sometihng in the guitar that isn't grounded. Let me guess, you have a Squier??

That's a grounding thing. It just means there's a wire or sometihng in the guitar that isn't grounded. Let me guess, you have a Squier??

yyyyes :unsure:

yyyyes :unsure:

Lower end guitars like Squiers tend to have those gorunding problems. I'm not sure what you have to solder to get it to stop, but it won't do that anymore if you ground it.

Good call Volitan, you beat me to it. Anyway, to answer your question, if you paid a guitar tech to properly shield your guitar, it would stop, because squires suck, but with how much guitar tech charge (trust me, I was asked to be one) you'd almost be better off selling the squire and getting another guitar. Recommendations? Well no thats not what youre looking for, but now you know the cause and possible fix for it. Seriously though, when you get serious enough about guitar, you'll buy another (trust me again, its an addiction) and if its decent, yo won't have to worry about hum.

I dont have a squier I have an Ibanez Gio....

About the humming, it stopped and I really dont know why but it did....

Thanks for the help.... rock3