Will people "feel" more for the new lineup when CD is released

shootingstar

Some still claim that there will be a reunion.

This thread is about what will happend IF THERE IS NO REUNION.

U people, who still hope for that to happen, do U think U will feel more for the new lineup when they start to tour and CD is released?

Is it going to be easier to se them as a BAND?

Or have they always been a band?

Some people claim that this lineup is not a band, and thats why it is so hard to support them.

"It´s just a solo work made by Axl, who caused the the pre-gnr splitup"

We don´t know that.

We don´t know how much impact they´ve made in in the CD-working progress.

But people assuming that this band is ruled by the dictator Axl, and that his actually acts like one.

This cind of propositions is in general builted on a theory that it was Axl who splitted the old lineup.

That his dictatorship caused the split.

But let us say that´s the case.

Does that prove that he´s acting like one in this new band too?

And why would he repeat a faild concept?

Axl is the leader.

But that doesn´t make him a dictator.

I don´t think the americans look at Bush as their dictator.

This is the way I think this new band work:

*AXL appreciate all material he can get from the members(produced song proposoals etc.) or Axl himself propouse a "songbase"

*AXL want everyone in the band to have the opportunity to make their thing when it comes to processing, and let them do that.

*Then Axl pick and chose among versions of the processingwork and put it together and presents it as a internal demo version for the members.(This cind of versions that´s leaked!!??)

*Then the members can listen to it, and come with further suggestions(like "re"-recording and stuff), until the WHOLE band is pleased.

There´s much to suggest thats this :rolleyes: is the case.

At least as much as some of u base your dictator theory on.

I base it on this BELOW.

I see this linup as a BAND.

According to STINSON:

(ONCE AGAIN for the 10th time)

"The reason the disc isn't done yet, he added, is because Rose is a methodical perfectionist who wants to make the creation of Chinese Democracy as democratic as possible. "He likes to take all the members of the band and get the best out of each guy for each song," Stinson said. "It's a brilliant process that gets everyone involved so everyone owns a piece of the song because they've put themselves into it. That way you don't have people going, 'Well, I'm not gonna play on his song if you're not gonna sing on my song.' And that's a lengthy process because you have to get eight people to basically write a song together that everyone likes."

And I beleve him.

Some maby would say that he´s hired to say that.

So, please don´t start with that "Axl and his hired backupband" shit..

But I can´t prevent U to... :unsure:

U people, who still hope for that to happen, do U think U will feel more for the new lineup when they start to tour and CD is released?

Some people claim that this lineup is not a band, and thats why it is so hard to support them.

We don´t know that.

But people assuming that this band is ruled by the dictator Axl, and that his actually acts like one.

This cind of propositions is in general builted on a theory that it was Axl who splitted the old lineup.

Axl is the leader.

*AXL appreciate all material he can get from the members(produced song proposoals etc.) or Axl himself propouse a "songbase"

*AXL want everyone in the band to have the opportunity to make their thing when it comes to processing, and let them do that.

*Then Axl pick and chose among versions of the processingwork and put it together and presents it as a internal demo version for the members.(This cind of versions that´s leaked!!??)

*Then the members can listen to it, and come with further suggestions(like "re"-recording and stuff), until the WHOLE band is pleased.

I base it on this BELOW.

According to STINSON:

"The reason the disc isn't done yet, he added, is because Rose is a methodical perfectionist who wants to make the creation of Chinese Democracy as democratic as possible. "He likes to take all the members of the band and get the best out of each guy for each song," Stinson said. "It's a brilliant process that gets everyone involved so everyone owns a piece of the song because they've put themselves into it. That way you don't have people going, 'Well, I'm not gonna play on his song if you're not gonna sing on my song.' And that's a lengthy process because you have to get eight people to basically write a song together that everyone likes."

And I beleve him.

Personally, I don't know that I will ever see them as a band. Honestly, I don't see them being around long enough to be considered a band. Down the road, we will refer to this era simply as the Axl Era...not even the Axl Era of GnR...and that assumes CD is released at some point.

How many people have come in and out of new GnR since 96? (I lost count)

How many have ownership of the group? (1)

How many have contributed to the success of the group as of today? (1 - 2 if you want to count Dizzy for some reason)

So out of respect, I won't call it Axl and his hired guns. I will call it Axl's solo project with some studio musicians.

I don't think anyone can judge until they here the completed work you can't judge an album by who's on it but by how well they mesh with each other. Axl said once that it was taking so long because he wanted to get the very best out of each member and that takes many takes on each part. so if thats true each person is doing their best we just need to see how they work as a team effort. hopefully it will work if not at least they tried their best.

I don't think anyone can judge until they here the completed work you can't judge an album by who's on it but by how well they mesh with each other. Axl said once that it was taking so long because he wanted to get the very best out of each member and that takes many takes on each part. so if thats true each person is doing their best we just need to see how they work as a team effort. hopefully it will work if not at least they tried their best.

This may be the sweetest response I've seen to a thread. :wub:

Are you sure you're in the right place??? :question:

My belief is that that people will see them much more as GnR if CD's great. Then people won't feel that Slash played this solo cooler on AFD or something because it'll material that the ol boys got nothing to do with. So yeah. If it's a success. If it sucks on the other hand then people will demise then more that what should be possible

I have always called the current lineup "New gnr" and the old lineup "Guns N' Roses" I respect the musicians in new gnr because they are genuinely talented--I don't believe they are simply hired guns. They have all stayed in the band a long time and have obviously made important contributions to the new music. However, they have yet to completly legitimize themselves because the record hasn't been released and they haven't toured to support the music they made together. I will definately be a bigger fan of the new lineup once CD is released.

"If"..?

:lol: Exactly. Its quite worrying how excited people are getting over nothing.

Me personally, don´t beleve in a reunion. But it´s a FACT that some people do..

That´s why I wroted that. :drevil:

I have always called the current lineup "New gnr" and the old lineup "Guns N' Roses" I respect the musicians in new gnr because they are genuinely talented--I don't believe they are simply hired guns. They have all stayed in the band a long time and have obviously made important contributions to the new music. However, they have yet to completly legitimize themselves because the record hasn't been released and they haven't toured to support the music they made together. I will definately be a bigger fan of the new lineup once CD is released.

There´s few people that are so honest to themself as U.

The most pure and open minded post I´ve ever read on this forum.

Not blinded by love, not infekted by hate.

There´s few people that are so honest to themself as U.

The most pure and open minded post I´ve ever read on this forum.

Not blinded by love, not infekted by hate.

:) Thanks

I try to walk the Middle Path, like Buddha :D

Until he drops the new CD I don't think there is anything for the general public to "feel". It's the fans that listen to the live Madagascar track or the leaked tracks. With some obvious exception, it's the public that need to be convinced. Not the GNR community.

Those who hate NuGNR now will for the most part probably to continue to hate NuGNR. No matter who good Chi Dem is, now matter how well the tours go and no matter who the new guitarist is and how good he is.

Dude, I totally think that if this disc would have come out when it was supposed to be....be it 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, or 2006 there would be no mistaken that these guys were GNR. People would have warmed up to them. I sincerely believe that Slash, Duff would have been a distant memory. There seemed to be character in the lineup of Buckethead...etc. It would have taken time but I believe if shit would have gone down successfully half a decade ago we wouldn't still be talking about Slash joining the band again. GNR would be set and kicking ass in this new century. But of course, here we are....waiting, waiting, waiting....

This may be the sweetest response I've seen to a thread. :wub:

I'm just naturally a sweet person

Are you sure you're in the right place??? :question:

Well, until CD is released, the band is pretty much made up of musicians playing other musicians' parts. They haven't made anything their own yet in the general public's mind. So once it's released, we'll get to see what the new guys have up their own sleeves, and I think people will warm up to them if they like what they've heard.

But that's more the general public.... as for the die-hard community, who knows? Some people will probably never be able to accept them. Some will be more open-minded. We'll have to wait and see...

As for me, I don't care who "feels" for them or not - I'm glad they're out there and I'm excited to see what they have to offer. I like what I've heard so far!

Edited by JennaSide

We don´t know that.

Axl is the leader.

I base it on this BELOW.

According to STINSON:

And I beleve him.

The first time I saw the new line up was looking at RIR3, this band convinced me instantly. Eversince, I want to see them live. DOT.

And I will if everything goes well!!!!

I am looking forward to the new line up, hell if Axl took a mike and farted for over 60 mins would suit me just fine. I mean who knows maybe the songs will or not be as epic as any song on Appetite but I guarantee that this album coming up will show that Axl does not need his old band mates, plainly because this is new territory. The old band mates are traditional style of dirty rock and you could place them with the Stones and simply could not achieve what Axl is doing now. Just because you can play a certain riff doesnt mean you're doing it right and this new line up is seeing Axl's dream as a band. I just wish they would just stick around like a band and not so much being solo all the time.

hell if Axl took a mike and farted for over 60 mins would suit me just fine.

Ironically, I wouldn't put that past most fans on this board. Rose could record himself having a bowel movement, and he would still be praised for his 'artist creativity'..

I mean who knows maybe the songs will or not be as epic as any song on Appetite but I guarantee that this album coming up will show that Axl does not need his old band mates, plainly because this is new territory.

I don't see how Axl's current direction is 'new territory.' Madagascar, The Blues, There Was A Time, and Catcher in the Rye all follow the same formula of the Illusion era..

Obviously, Rose doesn't need the same musicians in order to record. However, by doing so, the magic of the original band is lost in the process. In the 1991 interview, 'Famous Last Words', Axl was noted for saying that he could never recreate Guns N' Roses with other musicians.

The old band mates are traditional style of dirty rock and you could place them with the Stones and simply could not achieve what Axl is doing now.

Rose isn't doing anything revolutionary, and to imply that the Rolling Stones could not achieve his level of musicianship is absurd.

Rose has one classic rock album. The Rolling Stones have consistently maintained relevancy in pop culture for more than 40 years.

Why do you think Guns N' Roses became a legendary hard rock band? Well.. because they played hard rock. All of that was watered down when Rose chose to turn the band into the New York Philharmonic, and release one piano ballad after another.

While Appetite for Destruction receives praise, the Illusion Discs were criticized for being overproduced.

Just because you can play a certain riff doesnt mean you're doing it right and this new line up is seeing Axl's dream as a band. I just wish they would just stick around like a band and not so much being solo all the time.

Your theory is illogical considering that none of Axl's new material contain memorable riffs..

-Kickingthehabit