Will everyone here please just enjoy the fact that they are back

Kaneda

Guys, Guns N Roses will take the stage 19 days. An occurence as rare as a lunar eclipse, and what are we all doing between now and then? We are drudging up more bullshit rumors and speculation than ever before. Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with people on this board. Everyone here says they are sick of the rumors and the speculation, how they wish Axl would just make a statement. Well, Axl is about to grant you that wish, but for the love of god, please, stop all of this talk about Slash and Co returning to GNR.

Can Axl ever win? So many of you are like, "If Slash doesn't take the stage, I am going to be very disappointed!" That's such a dumb stance to take. Since 1996 we have known officially that SLASH is not in GUNS N ROSES. We had a tour in 2001-2002 that was meant to introduce people to the new band and to have them accept that SLASH is not in Guns N Roses.

"He's in my ass, that's where Slash is, go home, fuckhead!"

Axl Rose has spent the better part of a decade creating an album that was to justify his kicking Slash and Co. out of the band. He wanted to prove that he was the driving force behind Guns N Roses. To bring Slash and Co. back would be to admit failure, and we all know how Axl operates, he is never wrong.

Why would Slash and Co. work to promote an album they had nothing to do with? Of course we would all love to see Slash and Axl together, but the chances of that happening are about as good as Paul McCartney taking the stage with John Lennon...

Can't we all get pumped for May 12 like adults and stop speculating on all this bullshit? I don't expect to see anyone from OLD GNR taking the stage to promote the upcoming album from NEW GNR...it's called common sense, and some of you should look into it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, Guns N Roses will take the stage 19 days. An occurence as rare as a lunar eclipse, and what are we all doing between now and then? We are drudging up more bullshit rumors and speculation than ever before. Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with people on this board. Everyone here says they are sick of the rumors and the speculation, how they wish Axl would just make a statement. Well, Axl is about to grant you that wish, but for the love of god, please, stop all of this talk about Slash and Co returning to GNR.

Can Axl ever win? So many of you are like, "If Slash doesn't take the stage, I am going to be very disappointed!" That's such a dumb stance to take. Since 1996 we have known officially that SLASH is not in GUNS N ROSES. We had a tour in 2001-2002 that was meant to introduce people to the new band and to have them accept that SLASH is not in Guns N Roses.

Axl Rose has spent the better part of a decade creating an album that was to justify his kicking Slash and Co. out of the band. He wanted to prove that he was the driving force behind Guns N Roses. To bring Slash and Co. back would be to admit failure, and we all know how Axl operates, he is never wrong.

Why would Slash and Co. work to promote an album they had nothing to do with? Of course we would all love to see Slash and Axl together, but the chances of that happening are about as good as Paul McCartney taking the stage with John Lennon...

Can't we all get pumped for May 12 like adults and stop speculating on all this bullshit? I don't expect to see anyone from OLD GNR taking the stage to promote the upcoming album from NEW GNR...it's called common sense, and some of you should look into it.

You're probably right. And that is why this version of Guns n Roses will fail. That's not something any of us should look forward to.

WOW!!!

well said..

I agree.

Wow, people are claiming NEW GNR sucks? LOL. Everyone that I play "BETTER" to loves it. I would wait to hear which songs out of Axl's 36 make it onto Chinese D before claiming they know better...

I too was blown away by Buckethead's ability to play live; he totally owned the stage at MSG back in 2002. His Nightrain solo at the end was quite possibly the greatest GNR live performance I have ever heard; only people that were there to see it can truly understand.

That being said, Axl is not an idiot and he knows what Bucket's loss means and what he needs to do to replace him. Axl would never take the stage with an incompetent guitar player, and he would never set himself up to fail, either. Every guitar player in the world would want to play with Axl, so he can pick anyone to be on the winning team. I am excited to see who takes the stage May 12, and I don't expect to see Slash.

With the exception of the whole Axl kicking the other guys out of the band part, you are absolutely correct dude! Hey, you can't be wrong all the time! :shades:

Seriously tho, great post. I think anyone who is going to be upset or disappointed that Slash isn't in the band next month needs to wake the fuck up. Its a bullshit stance to take, because like you said, we already know he's been gone for over 10 years, you said it perfect actually. I think its ignorant to Axl and the band to have that attitude.

Well said Kaneda, and yeah I totally agree with you.

I, for one, am happy Axl is back and will enjoy it while it lasts.

Exactly. Axl is back, not GnR. Sadly, it looks like GnR may never be back.

Wow! Never considered that! Thanks for posting! Glad you could make it! I've never before heard the idea that Gn'r without Slash, Duff, and Izzy is just an Axl solo project! That'a a creative and innovative stance! Brand new to this and other Gn'r boards! Maybe you should be a mod! Scratch that...maybe you should be a GOD! Yes, I worship you and your novel thinking! Worship! Indeed!!!! :heart::fuckyou:

Somebody call the New York Times....MTV....VH1....

I must be in a pretty bad mood today...that was fucking juvenile as all get-out on my part....and yet I'm about to click "Add Reply" nonethless...

Oh. btw...really good post, Kaneda. We're on the same page for the moment.... :D

/Mike

You're probably right. And that is why this version of Guns n Roses will fail. That's not something any of us should look forward to.

I'm sorry but thats a fucked up attitude to have. You are basically saying Axl has no talent and is nothing without Slash. Why are you here, on a Guns N' Roses forum, in the Guns N' Roses section, if you don't support Guns N' Roses?

Wrong again! GNR is back, wake up and smell the coffee, this isn't 1992. Things have changed a lot since then.

*applauds*

Great post, Kaneda. I do agree with all of it, it does seem like nothing can be good enough for certain fans sometimes. Personally, I never expected any reunions of any kind, so I'll be happy once they're back on tour and CD finally comes out.

I'm sorry but thats a fucked up attitude to have. You are basically saying Axl has no talent and is nothing without Slash. Why are you here, on a Guns N' Roses forum, in the Guns N' Roses section, if you don't support Guns N' Roses?

Wrong again! GNR is back, wake up and smell the coffee, this isn't 1992. Things have changed a lot since then.

Yep - a lot has changed, but GnR's declining popularity isn't one of them. A cover band isn't going to make them big again. The VMA's didn't do it, the last tour didn't. Make all the excuses you want, those are the facts. Maybe you need to wake up.

Why can't all the people who wanna bitch about how Slash is GN'R and Axl is nothing without him just fuck off to the 'Dust N' Bones' area of the forum? and let the fans talk about CURRENT GN'R news and discussion.

I agree, posters such as this hartjth and Niveen clearly have a vendetta against Axl Rose, and anyone else who plays in the band who wasn't in GNR in the early 90s. IMO they have no business on a GNR fan forum because they are not fans or even accepting of the band.

Yep - a lot has changed, but GnR's declining popularity isn't one of them. A cover band isn't going to make them big again. The VMA's didn't do it, the last tour didn't. Make all the excuses you want, those are the facts. Maybe you need to wake up.

Oh give me a fuckin break hartjh14.

No shit GN'R popularity has declined... I'm not sure if you've noticed or tried to live in the CURRENT work but it's now 2006. Not 1986!

Guns N' Roses will never be as popular as they once were and that is a fact. Sadly the music world has changed for the worse and GN'R will not reach that sucess again. I'm sure Axl is aware of this as he stays current... unlike yourself.

If your into popularity why don't you sign up at a Fall Out Boy forum?

And as far as a cover band is concerned.... do Velvet Revolver not have at least 3 GN'R covers on there set list?

Oh give me a fuckin break hartjh14.

No shit GN'R popularity has declined... I'm not sure if you've noticed or tried to live in the CURRENT work but it's now 2006. Not 1986!

Guns N' Roses will never be as popular as they once were and that is a fact. Sadly the music world has changed for the worse and GN'R will not reach that sucess again. I'm sure Axl is aware of this as he stays current... unlike yourself.

If your into popularity why don't you sign up at a Fall Out Boy forum?

And as far as a cover band is concerned.... do Velvet Revolver not have at least 3 GN'R covers on there set list?

According to many people here, they are as popular now as they ever were and will be more popular once they tour. That isn't going to happen. I am well aware of what year it is, but it appears the Axlites aren't. Axl is no longer relavent. Nobody outside of these GnR boards cares. He's not current btw, he's still in the 90s himself, so come on down from your high horse.

Axl was a great frontman that drove 5 (yes, that's five) talented musicians out of his band (I'm leaving Stevie and Matt out...for arguments sake). Slash, Duff, Bucket, Izzy, Gilby...all gone because of one person. In your opinion, stating the facts makes me an Axl basher...well, sorry, but these are the facts. Axl deserves to be bashed. And if you'd bother to read my posts, you'd see I'm not judging Axl's new music until CD is released, unlike all the people bending over for Axl to tell him that poorly recorded demos are the greatest thing ever.

All the people that think Axl is the greatest, you are the ones that need to realize this is 2006. He was the greatest frontman...he has yet to prove what he is now. Based off of the VMAs and his 2002 tour, he has a lot of work to do to get anywhere near his previous level.

These are the facts. Bash away at them all you want, it doesn't change them one bit.

Edited by hartjh14

Calm down little fuckers, most of you discovered the band in 2002 and know jackshit about GNR or music in general, this is for Axlsdisillusion, Kaneda and his new friends.

Axl and his employees did nothing in 10 years to prove they deserved the name ! NOTHING ! Just a some shows 4 years ago which proved that Axl's band falls short of being as good as GNR. Some of these guys don't even know how to play guitar ! They don't know the GNR repertoire since they weren't even fans of the band ! And now, SHAMELESSLY, they pretend to be in Guns N'Roses ?!?!

Some ignorant fans accept this, but there are still enough wise fans to say loud that this is a FRAUD !

You're saying that GNR is back ? There is a long road for Axl before he can claim he succeeded. And even if it goes well, GNR will only come back when reunion happens. Not before.

Axl is the one living in the past keeping the name of something that, sadly, does not exist anymore. :)

Calm down little fuckers, most of you discovered the band in 2002 and know jackshit about GNR or music in general, this is for Axlsdisillusion, Kaneda and his new friends.

Axl and his employees did nothing in 10 years to prove they deserved the name ! NOTHING ! Just a some shows 4 years ago which proved that Axl's band falls short of being as good as GNR. Some of these guys don't even know how to play guitar ! They don't know the GNR repertoire since they weren't even fans of the band ! And now, SHAMELESSLY, they pretend to be in Guns N'Roses ?!?!

Some ignorant fans accept this, but there are still enough wise fans to say loud that this is a FRAUD !

You're saying that GNR is back ? There is a long road for Axl before he can claim he succeeded. And even if it goes well, GNR will only come back when reunion happens. Not before.

Axl is the one living in the past keeping the name of something that, sadly, does not exist anymore. :)

So why are you here? If you obviously dont support the band as it is now.

Hoping for a reunion, that makes you the one living in the past.

Slash isn in GNR and i dont care about him. im more conserned that Buckedhead left.

Slash is in my ass as well.....

Thank God Buckethead left.

Word......

And kaneda, good post.

Slash and Duff will not rejoin GNR............... ^_^

I agree.

This is a cross between setting yourself up for disappointment and inventing something to bitch about.

Are we going to get a rash of "Without Slash, Fuck This" type threads as these warm-up gigs go on? What a waste of time.

And all hoping for a reunuion makes you is an idiot. Seriously. Hey, we'd all love if the band never broke up. But they did. And we have ample evidence to support this in the form of all members doing other things. To ignore all that and think there is going to be some Christmas miracle either makes you willfully blind, willfully stupid...or both.