Reasons why Ok cumputer is human finest..

laval

OK Computer is the album that establishes Radiohead as the most inventive and rewarding guitar-rock bands of the '90s.

It's human finest album ever made......

« OK COMPUTER is about everything going out of control » - Thom Yorke

you bet.......

Ok computer is a demonstration of musical virtuosity, and becomes even more impressive with repeated listens...

OK Computer is filled with moody masterpieces......

OK Computer...though... is a complicated and difficult record.... an album about the way machines dehumanize people that's almost entirely un-electronic...

Radiohead is a band that rejects speed and hooks in favor of languorous texture and morose details...

a sad and humanist record....

OK Computer takes a few listens to appreciate.....

if you get a grip....you'll disovered that Radiohead delivered the Human's finest album ever made....

So.....Chinese Democracy has alot to prove..........

IMO

GODSPEED

OK Computer...though... is a complicated and difficult record.... an album about the way machines dehumanize people that's almost entirely un-electronic...

OK Computer is one of my favorite albums of all time. The point they made with that album was brilliant, too bad they totally forgot that point for the next 3 albums. :(

OK Computer is one of my favorite albums of all time. The point they made with that album was brilliant, too bad they totally forgot that point for the next 3 albums. :(

Sorry can't agree with that..........next 3 albums were totally out of control ( creatively speaking )......

those 3 albums as you say... have create music that is subtle and textured...yet still has the feeling of rock & roll. Even at its most adventurous...... such as the complex

once again..it take more than listen.....

OK Computer is the Greatest Album Ever...i did listened to it yesterday...it had been a year since the last time i listened to the record...always thought it was the best...

I rediscovered the album with a ''comforting closer'' way....

Edited by laval

Love Amnesiac. Got a mate who's obsessed with them and I say he's weird and hit him and tell him to like real music like Pantera and then he goes 'Radiohead are the best' and I say 'Stop with that filth' and recommend him some Motley Crue and he says 'Screw the Crue' and I saw 'Screw you' and then we leapfrog into the distance and listen to his Radiohead albums.

Love Amnesiac. Got a mate who's obsessed with them and I say he's weird and hit him and tell him to like real music like Pantera and then he goes 'Radiohead are the best' and I say 'Stop with that filth' and recommend him some Motley Crue and he says 'Screw the Crue' and I saw 'Screw you' and then we leapfrog into the distance and listen to his Radiohead albums.

that was pretty funny.......

MEETING PEOPLE IS EASY

An exelent concept album! But there is no beating Dark Side Of The Moon

Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, or Sister.

Wall is cacky

Downloading Lamb now...I'll give it a try.

Why is The Wall cacky?

Its not got the same classic songs as Dark Side has. Very overblown, self-indulgent etc.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Is it generally considered to be a concept album? I didn't know that. I really like The Bends along with it, and usually I would say I prefer it. But thinking about it, track by track it isn't on the same level as OK Computer. I only have a burned copy, don't know where it is. I don't have any of the more recent Radiohead albums, but I will probably listen to them eventually. The only album since that has challenged it is Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco, it's similar in some ways and I recommend it highly.

ok, michael stipe started a band cuz he saw johnny rotten in a public image limited gig, he's admitted this NUMEROUS times, listen to metal box & flowers of romance, therein lies progressive music, not REM, anythin in the mainstream, aside from possibly the beatles, based on what they achieved AT THE TIME, is not progessive or groundbreaking, the fact is, the progression is hidden n the system is what acts to make it commercially palatable, i mean, it took "grunge" *whatever that meant* to make to punk attitude, which started, typically speaking, in the 70s, to be commercially pallatable!!!

here endeth the rant

Guest JohnUlmer
Is it generally considered to be a concept album? I didn't know that. I really like The Bends along with it, and usually I would say I prefer it. But thinking about it, track by track it isn't on the same level as OK Computer. I only have a burned copy, don't know where it is. I don't have any of the more recent Radiohead albums, but I will probably listen to them eventually. The only album since that has challenged it is Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco, it's similar in some ways and I recommend it highly.

Well, the band itself claims OK Computer isn't a concept album, so I think you're right.

:laugh:

Ok computer finds a sweet spot between artistic brilliance, stylistic innovation, and cultural relevance.

It's human's finest album IMO........

Relevance doesn't have to mean it sold 10 million copies.....someone like the Pixies never really sold records, and Nirvana has said it wouldn't exist without the Pixies......

it has been named the top album of the past 20 years by Spin magazine..............

And NME and BBC all said it was a record that goes way up there with the Beatles St.peppers....

simply brilliant......

MEETING PEOPLE IS EASY

Id say the soft bulletin by the flaming lips is on the same level as ok computer

I used to think that way about The Cure's Disintegration. Man, that album is deep. Disintegration is one of my favourite songs. And The Same Deep Water As You is deep. Love that second riff.

Everyone should check out Disintegration ... The songs really pull you in.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I used to think that way about The Cure's Disintegration. Man, that album is deep. Disintegration is one of my favourite songs. And The Same Deep Water As You is deep. Love that second riff.

Everyone should check out Disintegration ... The songs really pull you in.

I should indeed. Someday.