How do you do a tour without something to promote?

gunner22

As far as it being SOLD OUT, there are plenty of tickets on ebay and the prices aren't bad at all. Snatch them up now, because they'll probably go up a lot the week before the show (I'd say starting this weekend). Also, if rumors of a reunion (however true or untrue they are) spread to the general public, look for bids to increase.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's damn annoying isn't it. The band is weird. Nothing else to say about it. Every convention or logical idea is rejected, every chance for publicity is too.

Here we are in 2006 and the band:

- Still has no new singles out

- Still has no album out

- Still hasn't done anything in public since 2002

- Still hasn't got a confirmed lineup

- Still hasn't got a website. I mean can ANYONE name ANY other band, which does not have an up to date website? Even the local bands in my town has their own bloody website updated regularly.

Queue the yes man to say 'It's part of a masterplan' or 'They will when its time'. But the truth is that the band is just annoying and stupidly mis-managed by its member(s?) and Mercky-Merck.

Great post.

But this time im sure the album is coming. give it 10 days...still no infotrmation? i'll be pretty annoyed.

Edited by slashplay

the best concert of my life was back in 1992 in long island ny

skid row open for guns and roses ( axl was flown in by helicoptor at midnight)

** no artist can get away with being 4 hours late to a show *** <_<<_< axl did

the name of the tour Use your Illusion

** no album out at the time *** (chinese democracy tour) no band can tour without an album

November rain heard first the frist time and guess who was playing piano

My point is axl does what the fuck axl wants When axl wants and how axl wants we are just merley along for the ride and nobody ios forcing you on the axl bus

get the fuck off if you dont like the road it goes down

:anger:

peace out

don't you guys get it?

Europe IS the promotion. Europe is just being USED...pfffft. lol

then the album drops September, and they tour America. damn Americans...get the best of everything! hehe. :)

but seriously, that is what is happening, its plain obvious.

Edited by slashplay

It's funny. I was telling my friend that Guns N' Roses had four shows in NY coming up and they all sold out within minutes. And he was saying how its pathetic. He said its pathetic because people still see hope and wait and wait even though he hasnt put anything out in 15 years. And out of the blue my response was "hey, Jesus Christ hasnt done anything for 2 thousand years and people still worship HIM." He told me I'm going to hell. It was actually really funny that the first thing I cant relate axl and chinese democracy to is Jesus Chirst and Catholicism. It make sense in a sort of sick logical mindset but its kinda fucked up. Oh well. The story relates to what the question asked---The reason he, and only he, can do this is because he's Axl fucking Rose. He can do whatever he wants. Sometimes its a good thing, sometimes its a bad thing. But its his thing.

When I went to see Prince on his last tour, everyone was handed a copy of his new CD upon presenting their ticket and entering the venue. That was a pretty nifty idea - I hope it happens again with another artist, like maybe in a week and a half...

the best concert of my life was back in 1992 in long island ny

skid row open for guns and roses ( axl was flown in by helicoptor at midnight)

** no artist can get away with being 4 hours late to a show *** <_<<_< axl did

the name of the tour Use your Illusion

** no album out at the time *** (chinese democracy tour) no band can tour without an album

November rain heard first the frist time and guess who was playing piano

My point is axl does what the fuck axl wants When axl wants and how axl wants we are just merley along for the ride and nobody ios forcing you on the axl bus

get the fuck off if you dont like the road it goes down

:anger:

peace out

I remember that tour it was awesome first concert I ever took my daughter too she loved it too she was 12. november rain was beautiful Axl played great. I remember that song the best out of all of them.

It think its really a sad and disrespectful thing how they are treating their fans. I mean sure you can file everything under a "live your life” comment but a little info wouldn't hurt. I mean you expect your fan-base to come and see you if your touring don't you? Respect is a two way street and GnR aren’t showing that at all.

So to my opinion sad is starting to become the key word in this bad B movie.