Do people know Slash isn't in the band?

2000intentions

Fuckin' bullshit! It's the fault of GNR and / or management, because they should've put up a decent website with information and make the new line-up public. Yes, I like the new songs and I don't mind the new line-up, but if this thing crashes because of a lot of dissapointed people it's Gnr's/Merck's fault, and theirs alone!

INFORM THE FUCKING FANS :devil:

Slash left years and years ago. Why would anyone have any reason to believe he is there now? They are required to give an update to confirm slash is still out of the band 10 years later? :rolleyes::question:

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin' bullshit! It's the fault of GNR and / or management, because they should've put up a decent website with information and make the new line-up public. Yes, I like the new songs and I don't mind the new line-up, but if this thing crashes because of a lot of dissapointed people it's Gnr's/Merck's fault, and theirs alone!

Slash left years and years ago. Why would anyone have any reason to believe he is there now? They are required to give an update to confirm slash is still out of the band 10 years later? :rolleyes::question:

They should update who are in the band, that's what I'm talking about. Not just about Slash not being there, or any other ex-member...but for example a new leadguitar player. I'm not buying tickets 'till I know who I'm gonna see (except Axl then). I just don't like the way nothing is been told to the fans (including me), and I guess a lot of people who sort of liked GNR in the past feel the same way. Imagine you can go and see Bon Jovi (if you like em) and the only thing you know for sure after a long absence is Jon Bon is in the band, wouldn't you find it strange they sell tickets for that?

They should update who are in the band, that's what I'm talking about. Not just about Slash not being there, or any other ex-member...but for example a new leadguitar player. I'm not buying tickets 'till I know who I'm gonna see (except Axl then). I just don't like the way nothing is been told to the fans (including me), and I guess a lot of people who sort of liked GNR in the past feel the same way. Imagine you can go and see Bon Jovi (if you like em) and the only thing you know for sure after a long absence is Jon Bon is in the band, wouldn't you find it strange they sell tickets for that?

so Axl isn't good enough for you? and Bon Jovi sucks, horrible example, but you are talking about taking Jon bon out, which wuld be the equivalent of taking Axl out of GNR. :unsure:

Just a question, do you think the average fan buying tickets for the upcoming US and European shows realize that Slash/Duff/Izzy/Matt are gone from the band? And that they'll just being seeing Axl Rose from the Appetite era lineup?

Reason I wonder, I saw an interview with Slash from 2004 where he said he still gets fans coming up to him thinking he's in Guns n Roses.

I know a lot of older bands continue to sell tickets based on name recognition only. Even though only one or two of the original members are left. The nostalgia factor. I'm just amazed by some of the video from the 2002 shows where you get some audience member yelling "Where's Slash?" like he actually bought his ticket without checking to see who was in the band first.

To be fair, GnR management is pretty deceptive in their marketing of the upcoming shows. A lot of ads include pictures of Slash & Duff. And no tour promo has a picture of the new GnR: Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Tommy and Brain. Most only feature a huge GnR logo. No details about the band lineup.

So if someone was out of the loop and didn't read the internet I could see where they'd think "Guns N Roses Live In Concert in New York" means Axl, Slash, Duff and company.

Hopefully Axl won't get hammered too much this time around for not being up front with the public. He could hold a press conference with his new bandmates to officially promote the upcoming gigs. Instead we get the Wall Of Silence. No wonder so much of the average music buying public is in the dark regarding the current state of the band.

I never really thought about that. That some people may still think that Slash, Izzy and Duff are in the band.

Axl hasn't hold a press conference since 1994 and I think the upcoming gigs in the US and Europe are reason enough for doing so.

Fans that are familiar with the current line up (fans like ourselves who spend at least 2 hour per day on this forum :P) won't be surprised seeing someone other that Slash holding a guitar on stage...but what about other fans that don't know that?

They shouldn't be considers fans, then? <_<

Anyway...great post...

so Axl isn't good enough for you? and Bon Jovi sucks, horrible example, but you are talking about taking Jon bon out, which wuld be the equivalent of taking Axl out of GNR. :unsure:

1) Axl is good enough for me, but I feel a bit pissed about his lack of communication.

2) Yes, Bon Jovi sucks indeed, but I was making a point.

3) I meant Job Bon being the only member of his band that is left. Which would be the equivalent of only Axl being in GNR.

I'll go and see the new band if they do the UK tour, will I be excited as hell? Yes, will I cheer on Finck/Fortus? Yes, can Slash ever be replaced? No.

exactly..! rock3

(except if they get their assess to australia instead of the uk of course...)

1) Axl is good enough for me, but I feel a bit pissed about his lack of communication.

but you said you wouldn't buy tickets because you dont know who buckethead's replacement is, so I assumed that meant going for Axl isn't worth it. If the third guitarist was announced you'd go?

Personally, I kinda like the mystery/surprise factor.

but you said you wouldn't buy tickets because you dont know who buckethead's replacement is, so I assumed that meant going for Axl isn't worth it. If the third guitarist was announced you'd go?

Yeah, I'd go if he announces the third quitarist, or announces there isn't going to be one , or releases CD. I think we deserve that since we've been waiting for so long.

Yeah, I'd go if he announces the third quitarist, or announces there isn't going to be one , or releases CD. I think we deserve that since we've been waiting for so long.

the show will be memorable regardless.. Axl always comes through when he shows up.

the show will be memorable regardless.. Axl always comes through when he shows up.

That is the key usually, however he wasn't so good at the VMAs, nor the 2002 tour - certainly not at his best (or anywhere near it). I agree the shows will likely be memorable, however not necessarily for the reasons you're thinking. Axl isn't the Axl of 1988 anymore, in fact, he's not the Axl of 1993 (when his voice was already slipping live).

All the facts say that he will not be able to sing live at the level expected of him...how long do you think he'll accept that?

That is the key usually, however he wasn't so good at the VMAs, nor the 2002 tour - certainly not at his best (or anywhere near it). I agree the shows will likely be memorable, however not necessarily for the reasons you're thinking. Axl isn't the Axl of 1988 anymore, in fact, he's not the Axl of 1993 (when his voice was already slipping live).

All the facts say that he will not be able to sing live at the level expected of him...how long do you think he'll accept that?

The reason it will be memorable is because it is very likely he will be playing lots of the new tracks for the first time - and if what we have heard from the leaks are anything to go by, people will be amazed. I do not agree that his voice was slipping in 1993 as i thought that he sounded great that year. The reason that his voice was weaker at '02 shows would be because he hadn't sang live for so long. :P

That is the key usually, however he wasn't so good at the VMAs, nor the 2002 tour

I disagree. Axl put on the best show I ever saw in my life in 2002 when I saw them, the bootleg does no justice to the band or his voice.

And i've been to a good share of concerts.

Yeah! Me too. Life wouldn't be the same without it.

Thats a good point. For me I'm so excited for the unknown. Even if theres no 3rd guitar player.

So many questions to be answered on the 12th!! Can't fuckin wait, I'm shaking right now baby!

Slash is in Velvet Revolver, a band that has enjoyed some level of success and recognition. If people still don't know he's out of GN'R by now, then they're not paying that much attention. It's only their fault, if they become disappointed.

Maybe they still have a little hope.. :unsure:

the people i know think guns n' roses broke up and doesn't exist anymore.

they were surprised to hear that they are touring europe and were going to buy tickets till they heard it isn't the old band coming.

actually the majority of the people here don't give a thing about guns (or better...they don't care about rock music)

when they see Robin and Richard, they will forget all about Slash.

Hilarious.. absolutely hilarious..

-Kickingthehabit

they already did see them in 02, and with Buckethead as an added bonus, and yet NOBODY forgot about Slash.

Well, A_D did, but I don't know if he counts or not...

god i love it, whats wrong with you people, you obviously dont like the new line up of guns n roses, why do you continue to take the time to rip into them???? this is a fan site for guns n roses, you are not guns n roses fans.

If you dont like what guns n roses is now, then why are u here?????