Do people know Slash isn't in the band?

2000intentions

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

I would estimate that about 60% of the crowd at the new tour will know that Slash is not in the band but I also think that 90% of the crowd has no idea who the fuck IS IN THE BAND. Oh and a few people will be expecting Buckethead so all in all I am expecting mass confusion. They better rock like motherfuckers on fire or they are gonna have to deal with a pissed off drunken mob.

If this doesn't make sense please consider the fact that I have had only two hours sleep and I am drunk and high.

Edited by RonMexico82

Guest JohnUlmer

god i love it, whats wrong with you people, you obviously dont like the new line up of guns n roses, why do you continue to take the time to rip into them???? this is a fan site for guns n roses, you are not guns n roses fans.

If you dont like what guns n roses is now, then why are u here?????

I'm here because I love the Guns n Roses that the world outside of internet posting boards recognizes as Guns n Roses. I'm here because I loved them from the first note I heard and still do. I have purchased every album they've released and enjoy the music they made. That is Guns n Roses.

NuGuns will not exist until they release an album, and even then, they will not be Guns n Roses to me. After they release an album I will decide if I enjoy NuGnR's music. Until then, they remain a cover band trying not to tarnish the name of the once greatest band in the world.

In short, I'm here to represent the true GnR fans...the ones who have been there since the beginning and value what GnR became and are becoming more and more embarrassed by the joke Axl has turned it into. I'm not sure about you, but I don't appreciate my favorite band being the laughing stock of the music industry (well, at least those that will even acknowledge that they exist in their current form think it's a joke - many choose to just ignore them completely).

Your wrong. Is macy's still macy's everning if the same people dont work there from when it first openned? i say it is still macy's with other people ranning it.The same for Guns N Roses. It call Guns n Roses around here.It sounds like Guns N Roses.I heard Axl songs.

That's a terrible analogy. I'm sorry but it's absolutely terrible. People don't shop at a Macy's BECAUSE of the employees. I've never gone to a store just to hang out with the employees for two hours. People go to stores because they can expect to find certain products there. It doesn't matter who delivers it to them.

It's not at all the same with a band.

Is macy's still macy's everning if the same people dont work there from when it first openned? i say it is still macy's with other people ranning it.The same for Guns N Roses. It call Guns n Roses around here.It sounds like Guns N Roses.I heard Axl songs.

That's a terrible analogy. I'm sorry but it's absolutely terrible. People don't shop at a Macy's BECAUSE of the employees. I've never gone to a store just to hang out with the employees for two hours. People go to stores because they can expect to find certain products there. It doesn't matter who delivers it to them.

It's not at all the same with a band.

:rofl-lol: Too good.

I would estimate that about 60% of the crowd at the new tour will know that Slash is not in the band but I also think that 90% of the crowd has no idea who the fuck IS IN THE BAND. Oh and a few people will be expecting Buckethead so all in all I am expecting mass confusion. They better rock like motherfuckers on fire or they are gonna have to deal with a pissed off drunken mob.

If this doesn't make sense please consider the fact that I have had only two hours sleep and I am drunk and high.

Amen. Unless there is some official announcement or press conference, rumors will continue to build and there will be "mass confusion". Add to this Axl's usual tardiness and the sense of unease in the air for those wondering if there will be a no-show, and a drunken mob is right. You've got people partying before the show, then people drinking like fish waiting for the show to start, then waiting and drinking, waiting and drinking, waiting and drinking, then finally the band taking the stage. At that point there needs to be some sort of surprise or a really solid performance.

Guest RonMexico82

As much as I am looking forward to the show there is a certain part of me filled with dread that is expecting some disaster of sorts namely 35,000 drunken Irish fans going fucking beserk and rioting like a herd of demented elephants. Don't be too surprised.

Those who dont know that the old gunners arent in the band will proloby dont see the difference anyway. im sure the guys who dont know that either dont know how the old gunners look....LOL

and you're obviously one of them. :rolleyes:

Have you heard latey the old members are history.There's a name line up which is just as good if not better. So unless Axl's isnt there.How can the new gunners tell the differnce?

yeah, ok thanks for that earth shattering update. :krider:
You must like what i say.You copyed my saying in your sag.Thanks didnt know you loved what i say.

I must admit, that was priceless.

Glad you agree with me.That fucken great.

yeah, ok thanks for that earth shattering update. :krider:
You must like what i say.You copyed my saying in your sag.Thanks didnt know you loved what i say.

I must admit, that was priceless.

"Is macy's still macy's everning if the same people dont work there from when it first openned? i say it is still macy's with other people ranning it. The same for Guns N Roses."- Sweet Kimberly

Brilliant argument.. :lol:

-Kickingthehabit

i know axl has said that the european crowds are more accepting of the new band, and i'm sure that's true, but this time around, with the arenas and all the festivals, how many are actually expecting to see the classic line-up at the shows and will be disappointed, no matter how good the music is? i've talked to a few people about gnr coming to europe, and most of them were like "oh really? cool dude! i love their music" and didn't seem to be able to grasp the fact that slash is gone, it's just not something they have occupied their minds with. would you say most people know who they are buying tickets to see? (the irony is we don't excactly either, with this new player ;))

Edited by Speed Stone

How could people be prepared when Axl and his management did nothing to prepare people's minds ?

The reception in the press will be terrible. Only fanatical axlites could be satisfied with this line-up !

Yesterday, ticketcorner (the Swiss site which is selling tickets for Zurich) was promoting the show with a picture from the '80s... And French site ticket.fr are saying that the original line-up will play in Paris !

Edited by Alan Niveen

How could people be prepared when Axl and his management did nothing to prepare people's minds ?

The reception in the press will be terrible. Only fanatical axlites could be satisfied with this line-up !

Yesterday, ticketcorner (the Swiss site which is selling tickets for Zurich) was promoting the show with a picture from the '80s... And French site ticket.fr are saying that the original line-up will play in Paris !

it will certainly be interesting to see how this turns out, especially in the press, who always have treated axl unfairly. i disagree with the "fanatical axlite" comment though, i would turn it around and say that any gnr fan with visions and hopes for the future of the band will embrace this new line-up.