Guns n Roses To Join The Stones For Two Shows

T Patten

I thought I'd heard that for one of their earlier tours the Stones had wanted GNR to open, but someone told them that there was a different lineup, and so they dropped the idea? Did anyone else hear something like that?

The rumor was that on the Voodoo Lounge Tour in the fall of '94, the Stones offered GNR the opening slots for some CA shows.

To which Axl replied "we are no longer an opening band."

Frankly, I'm surprised the Stones didn't just pull their name from the rolodex right then.

Forward to 2006 and Axl and his bunch of hired geeks, I mean guns, suddenly feel like being an opening act.

How the mighty have fallen.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd heard that for one of their earlier tours the Stones had wanted GNR to open, but someone told them that there was a different lineup, and so they dropped the idea? Did anyone else hear something like that?

The rumor was that on the Voodoo Lounge Tour in the fall of '94, the Stones offered GNR the opening slots for some CA shows.

To which Axl replied "we are no longer an opening band."

Frankly, I'm surprised the Stones didn't just pull their name from the rolodex right then.

Forward to 2006 and Axl and his bunch of hired geeks, I mean guns, suddenly feel like being an opening act.

How the mighty have fallen.

this is an honour for axl as a stones fan and a good boost and perfect oppertunity for his comeback you dumbfuck.

Ok, guys easy with the name callings. Dirty Harry, don't post in this section if you don't support the new band.

I agree Speed, this is a great opportunity for Gnr and I hope'll they do some songs together as well.