T Patten

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/press.php?uid=535

05.04.06 The Rolling Stones 'A Bigger Bang' Will Be Joined By Guns N' Roses

THE ROLLING STONES

A BIGGER BANG - WILL BE JOINED BY

GUNS N' ROSES

MONDAY, JULY 10 - NURNBERG - FRANKENSTADION

& WED. JULY 12 - LEIPZIG - ZENTRALSTADION

Starting in just 4 weeks, the most exciting and powerful rock 'n' roll show in the world is coming to the stadiums of Europe. Kicking off on Saturday May 27, 2006 at Barcelona's Olympic Stadium, The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang European Tour - will play over twenty countries at the most famous stadiums and venues in the world. There will be 36 European concert dates in 2006 including performances in Spain, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Poland, Austria, Italy Greece, Croatia, Serbia, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal and the UK. The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang will also visit Russia - their first return visit since 1998's Bridges To Babylon tour.

Continuing their tradition of bringing some of the hottest acts - both legendary and new - to their fans, The "Rolling Stones: A Bigger Bang" World Tour announced today that multi-platinum rockers GUNS N' ROSES will join the bill in both Nurnberg July 10th at Frankenstadion and in Leipzig July 12th at Zentralstadion.

They are known as one of the most controversial and popular American Rock Bands of all times. They have sold over 85 million albums. They are the only act to hold the top two album spots in both the UK and US on the week of releasing both records with Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II. Their album, "Appetite for Destruction" holds titles for the Greatest Guitar Album Ever (Total Guitar, June 2003), Greatest Metal Album (Spin, July 2003), #1 Essential Hard Rock Album (Kerrang! March 2004), and their rock-anthem November Rain holds the #1 spot on Dutch Veronica radio for the number 1 song (December 2004). They are Guns N' Roses and they will be appearing at 2 shows only as part of The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang tour this summer.

:o

Edited by T Patten

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are known as one of the most controversial and popular American Rock Bands of all times. They have sold over 85 million albums. They are the only act to hold the top two album spots in both the UK and US on the week of releasing both records with Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II. Their album, "Appetite for Destruction" holds titles for the Greatest Guitar Album Ever (Total Guitar, June 2003), Greatest Metal Album (Spin, July 2003), #1 Essential Hard Rock Album (Kerrang! March 2004), and their rock-anthem November Rain holds the #1 spot on Dutch Veronica radio for the number 1 song (December 2004). They are Guns N' Roses and they will be appearing at 2 shows only as part of The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang tour this summer.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Yeah i know what you mean, it's making it sound like the old band are showing up and i wish it was the old band, but it's still cool news, even thought they're not a touch on the old band.

It also fits with the rumoured UK tour...

"At the time of going to press it was rumoured that Guns N' Roses will play a UK tour with dates at the following (unconfirmed) venues: Manchester Arena July 18, Sehffield Arena July 19, Glasgow SECC July 21, Newcastle Arena July 22, Birmingham NEC July 24, Nottingham Arena July 25, Cardiff Arena July 27, Bournemouth Arena July 28, Wembley Arena July 30. All dates currently unconfirmed - please check with each venue's box office"

It might be to a clue to what band is coing to show up. i mean how is the new GNR going to fit in with the rolling. GNR's new music is way different than was 15 years ago i cant see them fitting in with the stones. Maybe with NIN or something, but i seriously cant see them doing OMG infront of the stones crowd. but it would make sense if it was old GNR.

It might be to a clue to what band is coing to show up. i mean how is the new GNR going to fit in with the rolling. GNR's new music is way different than was 15 years ago i cant see them fitting in with the stones. Maybe with NIN or something, but i seriously cant see them doing OMG infront of the stones crowd. but it would make sense if it was old GNR.

Not at all.

The Stones have all sorts of people open for them.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paint it black baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This I need to be part of!!!! 2x GNR this summer!!!!! Fuck me!!!!!

I thought I'd heard that for one of their earlier tours the Stones had wanted GNR to open, but someone told them that there was a different lineup, and so they dropped the idea? Did anyone else hear something like that?

The rumor was that on the Voodoo Lounge Tour in the fall of '94, the Stones offered GNR the opening slots for some CA shows.

To which Axl replied "we are no longer an opening band."

Frankly, I'm surprised the Stones didn't just pull their name from the rolodex right then.