Brain Appreciation thread

Axls_Disillusion

Heres to the most techincally talented drummer ever in GNR

brain.jpg

Lookin forward to seeing him on drums on May 17th rock3

Agree 100%. He's more creative than any GNR drummer as well. He experiments with a lot of drum sampling. I like how he isn't afraid to experiment and combine acoustic flavor with electronic. If there was any GNR drummer ahead of their time it is Brain. Brain is the Axl of GNR drummers IMO. Can't wait to hear hear him again live and on the album.

~M

Edited by MetaSouL

Let’s see if he learned You could be mine

And play it right! <_<

He's not making mistakes, he's doing it differently as a compliment to the original members. (I posted this to save A_D the time since this is his excuse for every fuckup the new band makes).

i have to say something

many NEW fans of gnr actually said that every member of the new lineup is better that every member of the old lineup, that they have more chemistry, live they sound better, etc...

but wtf u are talkin u little punks? are fans of gnr because u heard IRS demo or saw chinese democracy live? or cuz u have heard epics like november fuckin rain, estranged, coma etc or some power songs like welcome to the jungle, nightrain, paradise city etc

Guess what...all those songs werent made by mr pittman, or mr brain...they were made by axl, slash, duff, izzy, matt and steven :anger:

from 86 to - 93 they have done more than these new guys from 2000 to the date. Actual lineup cant even release a cd or even finish a freakin tour. Old lineup was all about rock n roll and attitude, they could say wateva they wanted or do wateva they wanted...now its all about axl, to save his name and prove the world he can do it by itself, and nobody knows nothing or say nothing, its not their proyect, they are helping axl in his project. Im not telling its not a band or its not GNR, but...its way different from the old days.

I will tell you something, old lineup KICK THE NEW LINEUP ASS!! at least for what both lineups have showed in the same period of time.

Im not an axl hater, im not a slash lover...both are gods to me, my respect for them is huge and i will follow all of their moves till they die. But NOBODY can disrespect the old lineup as you guys are doing, thats the reason why we are here, thats the reason why we have waited CD for so long.

Im not critizacing the new lineup, im lookin forward the new tour and the release of chinese democracy like hell, it would be a dream come true to see them live or hear fuckin CD!!! But one thing doesnt doesnt takes away the other... saying that old lineup was waaaaay better than new lineup doesnt say that i dont recognize their talent and skills, or that i wud love to see them live.

PEACE AND RESPECT.

i have to say something

many NEW fans of gnr actually said that every member of the new lineup is better that every member of the old lineup, that they have more chemistry, live they sound better, etc...

but wtf u are talkin u little punks? are fans of gnr because u heard IRS demo or saw chinese democracy live? or cuz u have heard epics like november fuckin rain, estranged, coma etc or some power songs like welcome to the jungle, nightrain, paradise city etc

Guess what...all those songs werent made by mr pittman, or mr brain...they were made by axl, slash, duff, izzy, matt and steven :anger:

from 86 to - 93 they have done more than these new guys from 2000 to the date. Actual lineup cant even release a cd or even finish a freakin tour. Old lineup was all about rock n roll and attitude, they could say wateva they wanted or do wateva they wanted...now its all about axl, to save his name and prove the world he can do it by itself, and nobody knows nothing or say nothing, its not their proyect, they are helping axl in his project. Im not telling its not a band or its not GNR, but...its way different from the old days.

I will tell you something, old lineup KICK THE NEW LINEUP ASS!! at least for what both lineups have showed in the same period of time.

Im not an axl hater, im not a slash lover...both are gods to me, my respect for them is huge and i will follow all of their moves till they die. But NOBODY can disrespect the old lineup as you guys are doing, thats the reason why we are here, thats the reason why we have waited CD for so long.

Im not critizacing the new lineup, im lookin forward the new tour and the release of chinese democracy like hell, it would be a dream come true to see them live or hear fuckin CD!!! But one thing doesnt doesnt takes away the other... saying that old lineup was waaaaay better than new lineup doesnt say that i dont recognize their talent and skills, or that i wud love to see them live.

PEACE AND RESPECT.

that was way off topic. has nothing to do with Brain. reported. :book:

And play it right! <_<

He's not making mistakes, he's doing it differently as a compliment to the original members. (I posted this to save A_D the time since this is his excuse for every fuckup the new band makes).

'Robin Finck' is to "November Rain" what 'Brain' is to "You Could Be Mine"

Both are Total Fuck ups!!

(but I still like the new band)

i have to say something

PEACE AND RESPECT.

Your sign off there is so ironic... Anyway, I became a GNR fan by hearing Madagascar, so make of that what you will. Dissing fans of the new band by being blind to their appeal isn't cool. Oh, and better spelling helps bring legitmacy to any post.

Back on topic, Brain is definitely the most talented drummer GNR's ever had, and he's my favorite of the bunch. His style is so, so much better than Sorum's cheesy bombastic, over-the-top drumming. As for Adler, I like his stuff - Much more relaxed and casual.

But Brain's got the technical skill and a unique style all his own, which works terrifically on the new songs.

Edited by EccoTides

Maybe you haven't listened to Rio and Vegas, but Brain played well the YCBM intro at both shows. But, for some reason, he changed it for the US tour.

These days every member is the most technically skilled member EVER, like OMG!

:rolleyes:

Just the same as the people who say the old members never fucked up ;)

Cool... So who has been saying that?

I didn't mean anybody specific just that new and old fuck up, its all down to taste, one mans steak is another mans swill ;)

These days every member is the most technically skilled member EVER, like OMG!

:rolleyes:

Just the same as the people who say the old members never fucked up ;)

Cool... So who has been saying that?

I didn't mean anybody specific just that new and old fuck up, its all down to taste, one mans steak is another mans swill ;)

You don't say...

Edited by sweetness

And play it right! <_<

lol :rofl-lol: