Audio for you chaps...

greendog

I am certain I am certain I am going to get shit for this, in fact I would be dissapointed if i didnt coming from this forum, but lets see if anyone agrees...

As a whole, I am really not that impressed with both clips. Given they prob arent best quality, each song has a few good aspects, but good at best.

I dont listen to the demo/leaks, that way the album is even more incredible, so i haven't heard 'Better' before...but the guitar in it sounds VERY un GNR. I dont listen to NIN, but I am guessing that is more their style? Less rock, more electronic like - like at the beginning it sounds like someone being stabbed. Axl voice sounds good at parts, but towards the end he sounds like wining verson of some harcore screamer singer

In the blue, i think bumblefoot or whaterver...leed guitar right?...sounds awesome. Plays guitr solo more true to gnr / slash like. Axl voice, understanding it took its tole the other night, just doesn't sound right to me...is it too quavery?

Maybe I am just being cynical bc i watched a '86 roxy concert dvd the other night, before they were even famous, and axl just sounded so much more ROCK.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing Ax having to work his voice is strange... full credit to him for sticking with it though.

I've heard almost every version of The Blues as it's still my favourite new song... this one's cool because it's like Axl's singing through a gravel pit!

I like the "older" version of The Blues better, where the drums and guitars start in the piano solo after a while (to give that powerful intro before Axl starts singing) Why did they take away the other instruments? Now it's only piano the whole intro through! It's still a great song though! ;)

Edited by DV_007

Can anyone take the time to upload this to yousendit and PM the link to myself and JDRM?????

I only get that the download limit is exceeded or something like that.

AND I WOULD LOVE THESE TWO SONGS!

AWESOME!!!! This is the first time I've got to hear better all the way through..the quality of it is pretty good for a live bootleg..as far as his voice is concerned,these are WARMUPS..I sing myself(and no,I am in no WAY shape or form comparing myself to axl) and this is only the second time in nearly four years he has done this live..speaking from a singer's perspective,If you take some time off and then jump right back into it(at least what has happened with me)you either start out incredible and your voice weakens,or it's the other way around...I am sure that by the time he hits Rio/Europe then the states when the album drops,he will sound INFUCKINGCREDIBLE....and again I was just sharing my points from a singers perspective,and WAS NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM COMPARING MYSELF TO AXL....thanks

for those having problems with megaupload, try this:

The tips to bypass the Region/Country limitation settings

1 use this address http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/

2 add to you megaupload address ahead http://www.megaupload.com/?d=xxxxxx

3 the resolution will be http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi...d.com/?d=xxxxxx

4 RightClick the "download" link's Property of the Menu, Rip the http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/ surffix of the download URL show in the Property Dialogue box, and then use any download-software to download.

i hope it helps :)

i'm gonna upload the songs to YSI also though