Axl in financial trouble?

HisRoyalFatness

So what was it that finally made Axl take the stage again? And why'd he have to do it in such a hasty manner that he could only find a guitarist a week before his shows?

Could it be that Axl's in financial trouble? We all know he leads a pretty expensive lifestyle - what with the Malibu castle and Splenda. Recently, he'd been selling off some luxury cars while facing off in some costly legal battles with the real members of Guns N' Roses.

Then suddenly, he's on tour again. But he didn't even have a guitarist ready. Had to make a list ditch effort to get someone to back him up. But why would the time be right for a tour if he didn't even have a full band?

Then he comes out wearing the exact same thing each night, which considering the camera crews, would make it seem like he's shooting a concert film.

It's common knowledge that Axl doesn't want to release CD until it's goddamned perfect (and we all know how long that's taking). So maybe he's planning to make some money on a short tour and rake in some cash from a DVD release without having to put CD out any time soon. It's his baby, afterall. No matter how broke he might be, I don't see him rushing CD to the market before he's completely happy with it.

Just an idea.

Edited by HisRoyalFatness

No way, he had the Malibu House back in 1990 so it doesn't cost him so much anyway, and if it really was so bad that he could only buy one set of clothes (expensive clothes!!!) why would he spend money on hotels in NY, he could have stayed at a friend's house.

So what was it that finally made Axl take the stage again? And why'd he have to do it in such a hasty manner that he could only find a guitarist a week before his shows?

Could it be that Axl's in financial trouble? We all know he leads a pretty expensive lifestyle - what with the Malibu castle and Splenda. Recently, he'd been selling off some luxury cars while facing off in some costly legal battles with the real members of Guns N' Roses.

Then suddenly, he's on tour again. But he didn't even have a guitarist ready. Had to make a list ditch effort to get someone to back him up. But why would the time be right for a tour if he didn't even have a full band?

Then he comes out wearing the exact same thing each night. Considering the camera crews, it seems like he's shooting a concert film.

It's common knowledge that Axl doesn't want to release CD until it's goddamned perfect (and we all know how long that's taking). So maybe he's planning to make some money on a short tour and rake in some cash from a DVD release without having to put CD out any time soon. It's his baby, afterall. No matter how broke he might be, I don't see him rushing CD to the market before he's completely happy with it.

Just an idea.

hey shall we start a "Help Axl Out" charity? i now realise why he's rushing off from the gigs, he's got a p/t job in Mc Donalds :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Axl sold the rights to the back catalogue to sanctuary for around $20 million. Sure he does lead an expensive lifestyle but he is no where near broke. He doesn't have a gazillion multi million dollar houses. He does have expensive cars but he sells his older ones and buys newer ones etc. Hell, it looked to me he was wearing a couple hundred K or more in jewelry the other night (it looked like he had massive nipple rings on all in diamonds). Not to mention AFD royalties, GH is still selling ETC.

Axl sold the rights to the back catalogue to sanctuary for around $20 million. Sure he does lead an expensive lifestyle but he is no where near broke. He doesn't have a gazillion multi million dollar houses. He does have expensive cars but he sells his older ones and buys newer ones etc. Hell, it looked to me he was wearing a couple hundred K or more in jewelry the other night (it looked like he had massive nipple rings on all in diamonds). Not to mention AFD royalties, GH is still selling ETC.

mmmmm nipple rings on Axl, excuse me for a while i have togo and lie down :P

No way, he had the Malibu House back in 1990 so it doesn't cost him so much anyway, and if it really was so bad that he could only buy one set of clothes (expensive clothes!!!) why would he spend money on hotels in NY, he could have stayed at a friend's house.

C'mon!!!!!!!!!!

Then he comes out wearing the exact same thing each night. Considering the camera crews, it seems like he's shooting a concert film.

hey shall we start a "Help Axl Out" charity? i now realise why he's rushing off from the gigs, he's got a p/t job in Mc Donalds :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Hehe :laugh:

Bumblefoot himself said he was only hired a week or two before the concert.

Bumblefoot also said recently, for the last two years, he was in 'contract negotiations' with gnr, he just joined the 'pay roll' week or two before the concert

He has accountants and money managers who review his finances. They would be able to anticipate when the funds would start to run low, and he'd adjust his work / release schedule accordingly.

well thank you 'Your Royal Fatness' for these words of wisdom.

But I think axl is probably fine financially.

You may be right on some front though.

Weather or not he has millions in the bank is quite irrelevant when you have to come up with some funds to

suddenly pay 5 guys enough to give them mega rock star status.

And taking that from your private kitty is a hard pill to swallow no matter your wealth.

If you do the math, Hammersteins 4 shows only brought in say a million bucks including Tshirt sales.

Its a pretty expensive operation with the equipment, roadies, etc so that million is gone before it even gets in the account.

My guess, for what THATS fuckin worth,

is that the DVD sales will be in the tens of millions, easy.

so everybody is happy and in a good mood on this European tour with a little stash in the pocket.

put us down for one whatever they cost, right?

And I think were in good company with the millions of Gunner fans around the world.

lets just say 2 million copies at 30 bucks, theres 60 million reasons to wear the same clothes 4 nights in a row.

Edited by shades

Thats why hes been wearing the same clothes, they're all hes got left? Thats where i thought you were going for a minute there
Mayble Axl only took sweetshirts with him too N.Y And Axl bring that leather shirt at a store here in N.Y for the shows.And mayble Axl doesnt like shopping.

Guest RonMexico82

What was Axl saying about Splenda?

That shit made me go crazy once at a Guns N Roses tribute gig. A big fight broke out right in the middle of Welcome to the Jungle and I ended up rolling around on broken glass trying to bite some cunt that was trying to strangle me.

Fun times. rock3

Im not sure about you thought simply because playing small venues like they have does not make you money, it costs much more for GnR to play a gig than they would earn from ticket sales.

I would have thought it cost massive ammounts of money to set up and logistics wise?