Anyone met Axl?

axlrox69

Hey guys,

I just wondered if anyone of you have met Axl before?

I met him in 2002 in London when they played at London Arena. I found out some good info and it ended up being just me and my sister at this place. First came big bodyguard and then the man himself! He was just LOVELY! He signed a picture for each of us and asked if we enjoyed the show etc. He was just so down to earth and polite. Shame I was too awestruck to ask for a picture though.

I've also met all of Velvet Revolver and have pictures with them all ecept Scott, but I was mainly bothered about Slash, Duff and Matt and they were lovely too!

Julie xxx

Hey guys,

I met him in 2002 in London when they played at London Arena. I found out some good info and it ended up being just me and my sister at this place. First came big bodyguard and then the man himself! He was just LOVELY! He signed a picture for each of us and asked if we enjoyed the show etc. He was just so down to earth and polite. Shame I was too awestruck to ask for a picture though.

I've also met all of Velvet Revolver and have pictures with them all ecept Scott, but I was mainly bothered about Slash, Duff and Matt and they were lovely too!

Julie xxx

I met SLASH (and he was even over aspettations...and mine where really very very high!!!) and Duff, he was nice! And Matt, I couldn't believe how nice he was.........didn't expect it...

Never seen Axl live, this will be my first time.........

Hey guys,

Julie xxx

I met SLASH (and he was even over aspettations...and mine where really very very high!!!) and Duff, he was nice! And Matt, I couldn't believe how nice he was.........didn't expect it...

That's cool! You know I didn't think Matt would be as nice as he was cos of all the stuff I'd read about him and Axl etc, but he was so friendly!

Axl is still amazing live, you're gonna love it!

Hey guys,

Julie xxx

That's cool! You know I didn't think Matt would be as nice as he was cos of all the stuff I'd read about him and Axl etc, but he was so friendly!

Axl is still amazing live, you're gonna love it!

THANK YOU!

I can't wait!

By the way, I also met Steven Adler and he was...........poor guy.........but still sweet

Ive met Steven, Gilby and Tracii and they all have been realy nice to the fans, all have allowed the fans photos and autographs.

Tracii signed my GN'R lies t-shirt and signed "theres only one guns - Tracii" on it - well chuffed!

:huh: Can i ask who is Traci guns is and what does he have to do with guns n roses????

He was the guitarist before Slash. The actual "true" original.

Not to mention he was the guitarist in LA Guns and The Brides of Destruction.

Cool...i've got some L.A guns singles from the early 80's on vinyl which is pretty cool but i never took notice of who was in it. Hmm....& i thought i knew most things on G'N'R. Good to know i still have a couple things to learn so thanks guys. Was he any good? I presume he was in the band before they got signed? Bit like the legend of the 5th beatle i guess LOL :rofl-lol:

I wouldn't say that Tracii Guns is better than Slash - just differnt (but similar) styles.

Tracii seems very proud of his L.A Guns career when you see him live.

I asked Tracii if it was true that he had asked Axl if he could play with GN'R when Buckethead left (id read it in a magazine a year ago). Tracii said it was true and that he had rand Axl and spoke to him - Tracii laughed about it cause he said that Axl thought he was joking - but Tracii said he was serious!

That would of been cool - seeing the men who put Guns in to Guns N Roses playing with them again!

I suppose it is like the 5th beatle story - I like that!

Ive met/ seen all the original members at sometime in my life...

I briefly met Slash and Duff at live 8 over here in the UK in july of last year, I gave Slash a Light!

I briefly shared a moment with steven in london in february this year, not much really...

and funnily enough, I crossed paths and said hello to Izzy and Axl way back in july 1991 when I was visting the US. just before the infamous St Louis incident happened... Never been back to the US since.

Im Also flying out tomorow to see Guns at Rock in Rio on the 27th, although I doubt ill get to meet the new guys... :(

Though I haven't met anyone from GNR past or present, I have met one of their guests from the last Hammer show. Kid Rock did the 7th inning stretch at a Cubs game, and I got to talk to him afterwards. If you wanna talk about really cool, down-to-earth, awesome celebrities, Kid is definetly one of 'em. He was really gracious to all of us who wanted to talk to him (and there were lots!) and really took time to talk to anyone who wanted to.

..not that he don't care..but i think w. axl rose is not into that..meetin' FANS..who just know him cause of his mucsic..makes him feel stupid..

..but as he is an down to earth guy..i think he's more into explore some other places on earth..talkin' to people who didn't know him..or recognize him..respect him cause of the human he is..not lovin' him cause he's an fuckin' good artist...

that's what he has missed all the years when he was in public..

..such experiences are often better for soul and ph. condition than million dollars therapies..

..by the fuckin' way..where he was durin' 2003/2004/2005..beginnin' of 2006?...

..any ideas?...

:o

Edited by sixtus

I just think its nice when musicians at least sign something for a fan.

I waited for an autograph from Slash and he just waved - it wouldnt of hurt just to sign a few autographs for the fans - after all most had waited for hours!

Iv spent like most of the fans on this forum £100's on merchandise over the years if not £1000's - surley 10mins signing at the end of the gig is not alot to ask?

Does anyone else agree that musicians should sign stuff at he end of a gig?

I just think its nice when musicians at least sign something for a fan.

I waited for an autograph from Slash and he just waved - it wouldnt of hurt just to sign a few autographs for the fans - after all most had waited for hours!

Iv spent like most of the fans on this forum £100's on merchandise over the years if not £1000's - surley 10mins signing at the end of the gig is not alot to ask?

Does anyone else agree that musicians should sign stuff at he end of a gig?

From what I hear Slash is really good with signing autographs, does it before and after almost every gig,, maybe he was having a bad nite, or he was tired,,, from their point of view it probably gets so freakin annoying constantly being bombarded with requests for pictures and autogrpahs Wherever you go,,,people have to understand these guys are hounded wherever they go and if they dont sign one nite that isnt a slap in the face to you or the fans waiting, it just means for whatever reason they werent into signing that nite, I guarantee a guy like Slash signs at least 100 things per day, just imagine that, that must get so annoying...

Edited by Slashthemutt