Used to Love her (Acoustic Video)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnUlmer

That's awesome! He still can't quite hold the notes like he used to (which should be expected, he's older) and he doesn't get as much rasp at the end as he used to, but he sounds great there overall! And the guitar work sounds a lot better than NR.

Guest JohnUlmer

BTW, I'm sure people will criticize me for mentioning about rasp in this song and many will say Axl never performs it with rasp - here's what I was mainly comparing it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vz1strQwRM...to%20love%20her

Of course he doesn't sound as good as he did when he was in his 20s, but I still think this clip posted above from the acoustic gig is as close as we've gotten so far to the "old" GN'R sound. Axl sounds better on a lot of the lower-vocal songs (It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, etc.).

Anyway, can't wait to hear the rest.

One of my favorites cause of the lyrics ( always sing "tequila" instead of " ta kill her") .... private joke of mine.

I love it and many many thanks for posting it!

Damn it! He still sings it good!

The solo was a litle messy but what the heck! GNR RULES!

Edited by Draa

BTW, I'm sure people will criticize me for mentioning about rasp in this song and many will say Axl never performs it with rasp - here's what I was mainly comparing it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vz1strQwRM...to%20love%20her

Of course he doesn't sound as good as he did when he was in his 20s, but I still think this clip posted above from the acoustic gig is as close as we've gotten so far to the "old" GN'R sound. Axl sounds better on a lot of the lower-vocal songs (It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, etc.).

Anyway, can't wait to hear the rest.

you mean that shaky thing when he goes "oooooooh yeah"?that sounds kinda dumb....

btw, axl's pitch is dead on, if you listen carefully, the guy who's singing higher is off key, the deeper voice you hear is axl.....

That's awesome! He still can't quite hold the notes like he used to (which should be expected, he's older) and he doesn't get as much rasp at the end as he used to, but he sounds great there overall! And the guitar work sounds a lot better than NR.

it couldn't be that they just played 4 shows in a row and he could possibly be drunk? How they hell can you tell from this video he doesnt' have rasp and can't sing the way he used to? He sounds fine to me and this clip didn't have the "rasp" part of the song. You are truley a moron and your multiple posts about how he can't sing like he used to are getting old so why dont' you shut the hell up already.

Guest JohnUlmer

it couldn't be that they just played 4 shows in a row and he could possibly be drunk? How they hell can you tell from this video he doesnt' have rasp and can't sing the way he used to? He sounds fine to me and this clip didn't have the "rasp" part of the song. You are truley a moron and your multiple posts about how he can't sing like he used to are getting old so why dont' you shut the hell up already.

Evidently you need everything to be reiterated because you have the intelligence of an amoeba.

I already replied to your last insulting post (or attempt at one) and you never responded.

1) You claim I'm "truley a moron" (P.S. it's "truly") but ironically you can't spell.

2) This is a message board for discussion about the band and there's nowhere that it says everyone must agree with "Mr. Sparkle" - all that matters is whether or not I disagree in a polite and mature manner, which I think is safe to say I've done. I didn't say "lol THIS CLIP DA SUX LOLZ" or say - to quote you in another post - it's "retarded," I explained my reasoning.

And I praised the performance.

So go fuck off or learn how to read and comprehend.

And learn to appreciate opinions rather than try to bash anyone who disagrees with you.

Guest JohnUlmer

(bad memories of scotty singing this)

never again, LET THIS ONE STAY A GNR SONG

LOL. Wieland is actually in Axls ass when it comes to this song(and every song and performance)

JOHN ULMER I A KANEDA WANNABE!

FUCK OFF WILLY NILLY!

Obviously, what with me supporting Axl all the time over the years. :rolleyes: You're just mad that no one likes your redundant threads.

If the search function were enabled I'd point you to a few of my threads that supported Axl and GN'R before he started these new shows, and when people were all bashing him for not breaking his silence...

But you wouldn't know that, since you can never seem to understand anything I write.

So stop replying to every one of my threads trying to discredit me because you do plenty to discredit yourself. ;)

Edited by JohnUlmer

haha. most people on this board have a big laugh at you Ulmer.

stop filling this forum with crap. Do yourself and everybody else a big favour. You try to be the next-kaneda with bein controversial, but i see you cant make that! I read you like an open book you wanker!

Edited by Sjakalen

(bad memories of scotty singing this)

never again, LET THIS ONE STAY A GNR SONG

indeed. this video clip shows just why VR has no business touching this song.

Can you tell me why do you keep turning threads to new GN'R vs. VR-fights all the time? (I know BucketSlash started it in this thread but you've done it in many other threads) To like new GN'R you don't need to hate VR or any other old GN'R-members.. :book:

And thanks for the clip.. Axl sounds awesome!

Guest JohnUlmer
haha. most people on this board have a big laugh at you Ulmer.

stop filling this forum with crap. Do yourself and everybody else a big favour. You try to be the next-kaneda with bein controversial, but i see you cant make that! I read you like an open book you wanker!

Only you and Mr. Sparkles ever try to pick fights with me, no one else ever seems to have much of a problem. And as for Kaneda accusations - Kaneda makes repetitive threads about how much he hates New GN'R. I don't do that, and I don't hate "new" GN'R. So whatever.