When the vocals to better are brought forward it's going to be

Kaneda

OTAFA...geez...you are really sad person...along with poster alan niveen...I laugh when I read your posts :lol: they are so stupid and so full of hate towards gnr,its unbeleviable...really....you dont need to like this band ofcourse,but you are crossing the line waaay too much.you just bash band...nothin more,nothin less

and better is fuckin great song,every person I played that song, liked it....even if they dont have any interest in gnr

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OTAFA...geez...you are really sad person...along with poster alan niveen...I laugh when I read your posts :lol: they are so stupid and so full of hate towards gnr,its unbeleviable...really....you dont need to like this band ofcourse,but you are crossing the line waaay too much.you just bash band...nothin more,nothin less

and better is fuckin great song,every person I played that song, liked it....even if they dont have any interest in gnr

What part of Hey, I can fully admit that "The Blues" and "Catcher in the Rye" are better than anything on Contraband do you not fucking understand?

Those songs are special. Better is not special. Better is an uninspired industrial clusterfuck with a main guitar riff that any bum off the street could play.

hey Slash... Just because you couldn't come up with a riff & a solo like that....doesn't mean it sucks!

BTW slashhole: The jury is out on "Better" ....almost every one likes it.....even none GNR fans! There is no stopping this song from becoming the next newGNR classic! rock2 :shades:

hey Slash... Just because you couldn't come up with a riff & a solo like that....doesn't mean it sucks!

:huh:

BTW slashhole: The jury is out on "Better" ....almost every one likes it.....even none GNR fans! There is no stopping this song from becoming the next newGNR classic!

30 or 40 Axlites on GnR forums mean that almost "Everyone" likes it?

You people need to turn on a fucking radio. You are acting like Axl split the atom with this song or something. It sounds everything else out there right now, save for the fact that it's Axl's voice singing on it.

What part of Hey, I can fully admit that "The Blues" and "Catcher in the Rye" are better than anything on Contraband do you not fucking understand?

I didnt saw that post until I posted my post....clear? :rolleyes:

but my post is not reffering to thing you said now.it was in general.all your posts(the one I've read)contain lots of bash towards this ,so called, ''new''gnr...and some of them are really crossing the line...

and I really dont understand what is the reason of so much negativity....

over...

Better is good. It has potential. I can't wait to hear the full "Zodiac" though.

You say that all the time, we get it.

You heard it too. It has potential.

:fuckyou: that's for being saucy and sarcastic.

Nope, I havent heared it. You just always say "Oh I cant wait to hear Zodiac" so somebody will ask you about it.

Some of you guys are fools, complaining that it has too much of a pop sound...well I hate to break it to you but Sweet Child o Mine is GNR's most popular tune of all time, and it's a pop song...

I agree. In fact, I think Bucket's part in Better (2:16 - 3:16) will actually scare off some people, because it takes the song in an entirely different direction and is very heavy and very un-pop. I wonder if Axl would consider a radio edit if it's ever released as a single?

Anyway, like I say, it's a cool song. I doubt it'll have the impact on the charts that Axl fanboys are predicting, but, hey, who can tell?

Btw, I also think Axl needs to fix up the 3:58 - 4:18 part of the song. Do your vocal exercises on your own time, Axl!

Better is good. It has potential. I can't wait to hear the full "Zodiac" though.

Nope, I havent heared it. You just always say "Oh I cant wait to hear Zodiac" so somebody will ask you about it.

A.K.A Checkmate?? You heard it. Damn you suck. Why must I reply to such a joke?

No, I havent heard Checkmate, Zodiac, what ever the hell its called. Why do you think so?

No, I havent heard Checkmate, Zodiac, what ever the hell its called. Why do you think so?

Cause you assumed I kept mentioning the flashy name for attention when actually it's a song.

Cause you assumed I kept mentioning the flashy name for attention when actually it's a song.

No offence or anything, you just do it a lot and its wierd.

To quote Will Ferrell.."I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!"

I mean fuck, if you think "Better" is some classic song, you guys must love Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit.

Can anyone explain what is so special about this song aside from Axl's voice being on it? I get the feeling if Axl recorded himself shitting, people on here would claim it's better than anything on AFD.

It's just a mediocre industrial rock song with totally uninspired guitar play, and it will be forgotton about within the next 2 or 3 years, even by the most hardcore Axlites.

Watch me catch heat for this one - but it's only better than 2 or 3 songs on Contraband.

And that's the truth.

Better sounds like nothing else out there right now. Tell me which LP or LB (or any other of their crappy contemporaries) song sounds as good as Better? Those band simply aren't capable of writing a song like that. Sad but true.

I get what you're saying about the song though. Yeah, the main riff is simple and might be easy to play, and it's definitely venturing into pop territory and yes, even borrows elements of what passes today for rock music. That doesn't make it bad though. To me Better is more than the sum of it's parts. The music may not be the most complex, but Axl sounds great and lyrically it's extremely catchy. The solos are melodic and fit the song to a T. When you put it all together it just sounds cool and kicks your ass. Maybe you feel different, however the song has had this effect on plenty of people.

Comparing it to Contraband. Your opinion but I totally disagree. There's about three songs on there that I dig, the rest are medicore and very forgetable. They pretty much all sound the same. Compare that to Axl's stuff - all the songs we have heard bring something different to the table. But the most important thing is that they are simply superior to what VR has done. Chi Dem has already surpassed Contraband - Axl just needs to release it and make it official.

All that said, it isn't nor will it ever be the best GN'R song ever made. :no:

Edited by KBear

Seriously guys, this song is better than anything they have ever released and the version we have has Axl's vocals burried. Come on Axl, drop the shit and releases these hits!

Ouch! Ummm, not really. It's good and has "hit" written all over it but sadly due to the musical landscape out there it will not become huge. It's good but it's no SCOM, NR, PC, WTTJ.

Some of you guys are fools, complaining that it has too much of a pop sound...well I hate to break it to you but Sweet Child o Mine is GNR's most popular tune of all time, and it's a pop song...And Better just has so much more energy than Sweet Child it's not even funny.

I like songs like Coma and Estranged, but come on, these aren't "HITS"...they both would flop on the charts if released as singles.

Some people don't understand Axl at all, he wants to be #1, he wants to have that hit song that everyone's into...sure some of his songs are long and insightful, but Better would blow away a song like Catcher in the Rye on the charts.

I have played better for so many people in their early 20s and they love it. Play TWAT for them, and they hate it. It's that simple. Watch it, Better will take over the charts.

I'm confused. First your argument was that Better will be the best song GN'R ever released. Now it seems to merely be that the song will be a big hit.

IMO Better isn't better than Coma, Estranged, Jungle, Dead Horse (that's right), Rocket Queen, etc., and it likely won't ever be a bigger hit than SCOM was. Having said that, it holds it's own. So I ain't ragging on it. GN'R simply has so many amazing songs. The 20th best Guns song is better than 99% of whatever else is out there.