Robin Finck

Desilusioned

Robin's attitude is just amazing while playing the guitar, he is talented and fuckin' crazy (for instance: climbing the security cages like a mad man in RIR Lisbon).

I just find amazing the presence that robin has on stage, he seems to feel every single note, great body expression, for me he's a really really really superb guitarrist......i won't say is like slash because...come on....Slash is a guitar god! Robin is just the "ribbed condom of guitarrists" ( by Axl LOOL)

Your opinions please!

Rock On Gunners!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cherry_bomb

he's not the best guitarist ever or anything close, he's pretty decent. i just find him amazing to watch. he's an outstanding performer, probably the most compelling guitarist ive ever seen.

Robin's attitude is just amazing while playing the guitar, he is talented and fuckin' crazy (for instance: climbing the security cages like a mad man in RIR Lisbon).

I just find amazing the presence that robin has on stage, he seems to feel every single note, great body expression, for me he's a really really really superb guitarrist......i won't say is like slash because...come on....Slash is a guitar god! Robin is just the "ribbed condom of guitarrists" ( by Axl LOOL)

Your opinions please!

Rock On Gunners!!

I agree!

1) Slash is the best GNR guitarist ever. No one can replace him, case closed!

2) Robin is my fav of the new group. I like the guy a lot, even more so in 2002. I just like that he's different and not like anyone else.

Well now i've seen m live 2 times and heard some bootlegs...

i think he is a pretty decent guitar player(plays a lot of slash solo's a lot better than slash, live that is ofcourse)

and i like his image this tour!!!!!!

cool guy

ow and he wrote better

I love Robin,i know he's not as good guitar player as Slash,but he's doing a great job there's no doubt about it.He's putting his heart and soul on the band and that's awesome.. rock3 He has a beautiful aura around him, he always looks full of energy everytime he's on the stage,and people loves that.. B)

I really enjoy to watch his performances. :wub:

I really like Finck. He's been a bit shoddy on a few occasions, but generally this year he's blown me away. Compared to his 02 stuff, anyway..

He's just lacking that magic that I want the GNR guitarist to have at the moment. Ron has it, Fortus has it..Finck doesn't. I'm sure it will come with time though. When I saw him live his stage persona was kick ass, he's growing on me every time I see him play.

Let's face it! What was Slash's best characteristic...you can't say it was his tecnical habilitie cause it wasn't...slash ain't no Vai, Satch, Malmsteen, etc...we all loved Slash due to the presence that he had on stage, we all loved slash due to his creative work and his melodic solos, it seemed like Slash was in a world of his own..tared apart from everything, a strange world that seemed to existe behind his hair....

Now you can't say that finck is not a good player...he has such a great job done in nine inch nails...and his solos, just likes slash's, seem to prefer the melody and sound harmony over the tacnical impression....i mean ron is capale of blowing us as a player..but he hasn't yat the charisma he needs to be a Gn'R type ogf guitarrist....

Rock On Gunners!

hes not slash but thats good slash left and now we have a played who may not have the charisma of slash but it technically better

TECHNICALLY?!?

:rofl-lol:

His right hand is like rubber, slow and without much strength. And his left is devoid of any speed or dexterity!

Edited by moreblack

hes not slash but thats good slash left and now we have a played who may not have the charisma of slash but it technically better

TECHNICALLY?!?

His right hand is like rubber, slow and without much strength. And his left is devoid of any speed or dexterity!

Seriously, how long have you been waiting to drop "dexterity" into a post?!?! :P

TECHNICALLY?!?

Seriously, how long have you been waiting to drop "dexterity" into a post?!?! :P

Since I first saw him play... ;)

TECHNICALLY?!?

Since I first saw him play... ;)

Ha... touche'! B)

I like robin alot, i think he is a great persona to have in the band and really is great on stage, again it has been said he isn't the most techically skilled player, then again he is playing slashes stuff. I think Fink is in GNR more then anything else for his abilty to write, i think he is an amazing at what he has created, AKA Better, the blues solo, CD intro