July 10th - GREECE - Rockwawe Show

Mango

I hope you didn't misunderstood me!

I agree about Madagascar!

I also think that is very important the chemistry and the atmosphere of a group, cause this has a great effect on the music they produce and on the concerts! And I think that he and Axl go along really well (as far as I've seen yesterday)!

I'll try to get more into Chris' music!

Thank's anyway Mango!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well,what can i say about last night's show...it was incredible...a once in a lifetime experience...about civil war:i think that tommy asked axl what we were yelling for and axl answered "i dont know something about cpr"(when you try to give air to a person who is unconscious),another great moment was

when singing the blues axl,climbed up the piano and was singing there...only once i noticed a slight problem with the sound during 'better'.another problem was after the show,when 3 drunk men started beating another man,which was sad to see,as they broke some of his teeth,then started throwing stones to the cars that were on the highway...:( anyone knows for an afterparty or someting??

Axl stand on piano during the Blues ?!? :o

I GOTTA see this video !!!!

(last time i remember him doing that was in Rio '01, though it probably was performed a few times in 2002 too...)

M.

Axl was standing on the piano during the Paris concert also

Edited by Yesterdays82

Ok... with my bad English I will try to make a short review of that fantastic gig.

The place was Terra Vibe at Malakasa, almost 35 kilometres outside Athens. Great place with lots of trees and grass. Also a full moon was standing just opposite the stage.

The band appeared on the stage aproximately at 10.00 pm. The well-known first chords of Welcome to the Jungle brought madness to the crowd. Axl wearing sunglasses and his usual 2006 tour outfit appeared and quickly made us understand that his voice was better than ever!

Before we recover the first "shock" , It's so Easy followed by Mr. Brownstone confirmed that the band were totally fantastic. Extraodinary sound and full of energy. Axl run all over the stage while Fortus and Finc offered us moments equal to Shlash's (to the extend that someone can tell this).

Then, some of their most popular songs: Live And Let Die, Robin Finck Guitar Solo/Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, all played like the old years! During Knocking on Heavens Door Axl asked from the crowd to respond 4 times to his "Knock Knock Knocking on Heavens Door". There I started to lose my voice...

Dizzy Reed introduced with a Piano Solo "The Blues". Axl finished the song standing on the piano...

The drums indicated that "You Could be Mine" was starting and the crowd was totally out of control! Axl seem to get better and better, more and more energetic on the stage.

Before Fortus' and Flinck's guitar solo Axl sang half of the Doors' "Light My Fire" and then Out Ta Get me.

SURPRISE! Τhe Asshole song on tour again!!!! Just before tha amazing November Rain during which some people near me were crying!

The crowd started yelling "Civil War" and Axl respondes saying something like "I think they are asking for something like CPR". Instead they played "Better". Amazing!

Bumblefoot played "Don't Cry" with his guitar waving to the crowd to sing... A very touching moment. Everybody was singing! Everybody!

Madagascar and My Michelle are unfortunately erased from my memory. That is because after them Axl said "Ok... Here is a man you've already met. Another guitar on the stage. Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome Mr Izzy Stradlin!" and everything exploded!!!!!

They played "Patience" and Nightrain where everything was absolutely out of control!

They went off the stage and came back to play "Paradise City". The best End. Confetti and Fire on Stage with Axl wearing a Greek Flag on his shoulders.

Amazing night! Sorry for my English!

I really hope a good qualiity video of some songs if not the whole gig will surface soon enough!

that good it was that i wanted to have it and watch it again and again and again.

pls keep me informed.

you can even email me or add me in msn/windows live messenger

crom_guardian@hotmail.com

rock3

Cool!

Well what do I know!!! I've been listening to them since I was 10 but my knowleges suck!!!! :)

Creepy!!!

I sence that I'm the oldest among u!! :(

;) Oh but you're not the oldest, I probably am!

I'm "around" Axl's age! Sssshhhhh, that'll be our little secret!! :D:D

Catch ya later!!

This is my first time in a forum

I ve got some videos of the concert.

I need some help!

How can I post them?

Great!!! Wish I could help but yesterday was mine first day in the forum!!!! :):):) lol

I'd really love to see that..... AGAIN!!!

Holy shit!!! I found out that there is a PRO CAM SHOOT of the Athens show!!!! As soon as I get it, I'll upload it. :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta:

Yeah...there is pro shots of every show since 1991. It's nothin' new.

You more then likely won't get it, unless you're on the film crew.

R.Queen where do you live in Athens...Whats your real name and age?

I am 27 and my name is Tasos

there is a slight chance that i can find the full show in pro shot but many people must be talked and ask for favors :P

but if anyone finds or hs any kind of video pls inform me

msn/hotmail : crom_guardian@hotmail.com