July 10th - GREECE - Rockwawe Show

Mango

Jarmo from HTGTH is getting updates ....

19:08 - Bumblefoot was just on stage throwing bottles of water to the crowd.... The first opening act hasn't started yet.

19:54 - Opening act has finished.

21:06 - GNR on stage now.

---

Setlist: Welcome To The jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Moving The Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Piano Jam, You Could Be Mine, Axl singing Light My Fire, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard And Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Piano Jam, The Asshole Song, November Rain, Better, Band Introductions, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), Madagascar, My Michelle, Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

Axl is whistling the theme from The Pink Panther before November Rain. At one point the crowd is chanting for Civil War. Axl jokes about it, like he's misunderstanding what they're chanting for.

The crowd sings along to Don't Cry. The whole song!

Izzy is there.

-----

M.

Edited by Mango

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESP1982, ever heard of TimeZones? :) Jarmo wrote this "show has started" at 21h, while in Greece was 22h already ;):D

BTW: Did you notice any bootleg tapers at the venue? Would be awesome if some audio/video from this show surface.....

M.

ESP1982, ever heard of TimeZones? :) Jarmo wrote this "show has started" at 21h, while in Greece was 22h already ;):D

oh... Don't mind what I say... It's from yesterday. I lost my mind. lol GUUUUUUUUUUUUUNS :P

BTW: Did you notice any bootleg tapers at the venue? Would be awesome if some audio/video from this show surface.....

M.

Well... They came in 1993 again and then not even a single person recorded the show (only a VERY crappy audio). So you see, we were ready yesterday. :P I counted around 20-30 cams. :rofl-lol: I'll get whatever I can with a nice audio and I'll try to upload it (if someone will not do this earlier). :)

R. Queen lady,

Axl has decided to "retire" Dont Cry after death of his friend Shannon Hoon (the guy singing next to Axl in DC video and also frontman of Blind Melon) in 1995.

Can you make a bit longer rewiev for us (not just "it was great" :D ) ?

Thank you :)

M.

Edited by Mango

Thank's! I knew that guy and that he died young, but I didn't know that!

Well what can I tell, I think that words are just not enough!!! :)

In the beggining when we heard the guitar playing the riff from welcome to the jungle (without seeing anyone from the band) we were all thinking that the party is here!!!

I'm 24 and it was my first GNR show, but today everybody here says that they were far better than they were in 93 when they came in Athens for first time. Well can't tell....

I must admit that the new members were full of energy and I appreciated that, but at some solos I felted the absence of Slash (no offense!!!)

Axl had a great vibe and his voice was was full and velvet! :rolleyes: He sung "patience" perfectly and he expressed his emotions in a way you just can't imagine! He was 100% there!!!

The big surprise was Izzy's appearance, cause it was not sceduled to appear in Athens!

To be honest before going there I've been thinking to myself that I was really lucky to see Axl and Dizzy, but I felt like I wouldn't see Guns, instead I would see Roses only. But after the last song I felt so complete, cause that what I saw was Guns!!! A child dream came true!!!!

One highlight was that during the november rain (and while Axl was playing the piano) fireworks were falling as if they were rain!!!

Not to mention what happend when they played Nighttrain and Paradise city!!!!!! All the Greeks sung along and it felt like a big celebration!!!!

I think that the one song was better than the previous!!! After the end of each song you think that it can't get any better..... But it can!!!!!!!!!! Axl was at his best and he was running along the stage driving us all crazy!

So perfect!

Will u see them live? Is something that a fan just can't miss!!! I 'm so jealous for the rest concerts!!! I wish I'll be able to see Axl again!!!!

Since I returned from the concert I can't think of anything else but Guns!!! I trully believe that Axl is a true artist and has so many to give to music! Although I personally don't approve his lifestyle, I think that he's attitude and style match the caracteristics of a genious artist, who's life can't be "convencial", cause he's excepcional!!!

Was planing to see them in Milan (4/6/06) but something came up and my trip got cancelled... So yes, i'm very jelous of you guys n' girls seeing them live :D

Maybe next year :o:D

Do you have by any chance some pictures from the gig?

M.