Better

where's izzy?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it odd that the best of the new songs (and in some people's opinion, the only good new song) wasn't written by Axl?

the guitar is really lame and uninspriring (except bucket (ron's) parts), axl's melody is what makes the song.

If you knew more about guitar than you apparently do, you'd realize that the chords being played aren't 'boring' power chords.

I'll admit, the riffs in Better are weak when compared to Sweet Child or Estranged, but they're better than the no riffs of today, eh? Plus, There Was a Time has some nice riffage.

are you fucking crazy? i've been playing for 13 years. if those aren't power chords, you can kick me in the nuts!

I second that notion... Been playing 8 years, and those are power chords in the verses. If you got two fingers, you can play it. If you have the verbal ability of a 10 year old, you can pull off the lyrics too!

Pubes.

Well, with 2 fingers, you could play it, but it'd sound absolutely terrible. Three fingers works better, and 4 works great just to add in the upper octive on the chord. And I highly doubt everyone on the boards who says "I've been playing 10 years" really does. A few of you do obviously, but not everyone who says it.

And if you say this song isn't the best of the leaks, along with Catcher in the Rye, you're opinion is no longer valid. It has the best riff and the best lyrics out of all of the leaks. The lyrics are powerful... let's see anybody else try to write something BETTER (get it? yeah bad joke).

After saying that, your oppinion is no longer valid...

Edited by Charles Manson

Does anyone think that when Better is remastered, the riff will sound more like it does live?

Or if it's been re-recorded?

It sounds better live IMO. I don't think that weird killswitch thing fits though. It's done 10 times but it would be 'better' done 8 times to match the tune of the song :drevil:

Does anyone think that when Better is remastered, the riff will sound more like it does live?

It sounds better live IMO. I don't think that weird killswitch thing fits though. It's done 10 times but it would be 'better' done 8 times to match the tune of the song :drevil:

Judging from the leaks, Id say there isnt going to be much difference when compared to final products. Maybe a few volume adjustments here and there, but nothing much is needed.

A lot of people here think the album versions are going to be a lot different to the leaks. But how would they be different? You have more or less heard the song.

And if you say this song isn't the best of the leaks, along with Catcher in the Rye, you're opinion is no longer valid. It has the best riff and the best lyrics out of all of the leaks. The lyrics are powerful... let's see anybody else try to write something BETTER (get it? yeah bad joke).

got that right.

Better is a kick ass song but then again i happen to enjoy all of the leaks but honestlly who ever said that this song is weak needs to cut down on the three paper joints.

haha jokes

but who cares if Axl writes alot of "Women Trouble" songs i mean he's brilliant when it comes to writing a prime example would be Estranged i mean that song is classic.

Now to all of the people that were scared of how this album was going to sound worry no more because Chinese Democracy is gonna rock harder then anything released out of the boring and repetetive Emo scene.

BETTER KICKS ASS

Better is a kick ass song but then again i happen to enjoy all of the leaks but honestlly who ever said that this song is weak needs to cut down on the three paper joints.

haha jokes

but who cares if Axl writes alot of "Women Trouble" songs i mean he's brilliant when it comes to writing a prime example would be Estranged i mean that song is classic.

Now to all of the people that were scared of how this album was going to sound worry no more because Chinese Democracy is gonna rock harder then anything released out of the boring and repetetive Emo scene.

BETTER KICKS ASS

Although Better is one of my favorite GN'R tunes it makes me sad when I see "BETTER KICKS ASS" right above your signature. :(

all the new gnr stuff s really tragic to me, and i dont know if it's axl's or the band's fault. "better" is really great in some sections, and embarassing in others...

like the "all that i wanted" part with the buckethead shred in it makes me cringe.

the main lyric/melodic pattern ("the hardest part blah blah") is fucking amazing.....really impressive. in fact, if that part were surrounded by cooler music, you'd have a serious threat to AFD.

the lame-brain alternating nin/tool-style groove before the weird stomachache synth sound is dreadful, but the bluesy solo is pretty cool, despite the fact that it does sound like axl said "play like slash here".

that intro is also lame to my ears just because of that guitar effect, and i think his effects box is more reposnible for that part than he is.....

i'm still most impressed by "madagascar" but, like "better" and the others, there is tons of stuff that just doesnt need to be there, and the song is twice as long as it should be......

Axl never says "and this one was a Slash song." Reminds me of what U2 said about helter skeleter "Charles Manson stole this song from the Beatles, we're stealing it back"

"We stole this song from Slash when he was drunk, he still hasnt sobered up, this is called Nightrain"

Maybe Slash can't play guitar. It was just a secret FBI plot to take down the government from inside. It's a riddle wrapped in an enigma inside a mystery, even the band don't know how they did it.

Axl said Coma was 'Slash's baby.

And why does a song have to be complicated to be good? The simpler the better I say

Is it odd that the best of the new songs (and in some people's opinion, the only good new song) wasn't written by Axl?

:no:

the guitar is really lame and uninspriring (except bucket (ron's) parts), axl's melody is what makes the song.

If you knew more about guitar than you apparently do, you'd realize that the chords being played aren't 'boring' power chords.

I'll admit, the riffs in Better are weak when compared to Sweet Child or Estranged, but they're better than the no riffs of today, eh? Plus, There Was a Time has some nice riffage.

are you fucking crazy? i've been playing for 13 years. if those aren't power chords, you can kick me in the nuts!

I second that notion... Been playing 8 years, and those are power chords in the verses. If you got two fingers, you can play it. If you have the verbal ability of a 10 year old, you can pull off the lyrics too!

Pubes.

Well, with 2 fingers, you could play it, but it'd sound absolutely terrible. Three fingers works better, and 4 works great just to add in the upper octive on the chord. And I highly doubt everyone on the boards who says "I've been playing 10 years" really does. A few of you do obviously, but not everyone who says it.

comes from the man with no opinion or brain :rofl-lol: @u manson..37 and on a forum, poor daughter of u with a geek of a dad..Bet shes gonna be laughing out in school when daddy arrives in a slash shirt

Leave this forum and get some respect..You suck big time, :rofl-lol:

again "manson" 37 and on a forum arguing with 15 year old foks isent cool..U are the biggest looser..

what the hell does your wife think when u have to take some time off and bash juniors?

Get the hell out of here...grow up. :rofl-lol:

:fuckyou:

"Better" is the best of the studio leaks. I personally think "Madagascar" is right up there with it though in quality. "Maddy" kicks butt, at least the live version I've got does. Heck, even at the 2002 VMA's it sounded good and Axl's voice was completely off at that particular show. "IRS" and "There Was A Time" are really good too. The live versions of "Chinese Democracy" and "The Blues" that I have are pretty good as well. That brings me to "Catcher in the Rye." I've gotta admit that other than Brian May's guitar solo, the song doesn't do much for me. It's the worst of the 7 leaked/live songs I have. Axl's voice is just too high-pitched in it with zero rasp; that's not good in my opinion. "Better," meanwhile, will be a huge hit on the radio I think. It's just as catchy as "Dani California" by RHCP recently (the only good mainstream rock track out there right now amongst all the Emo and Pop-Punk crapola floating around). "Dani California" features a really cool guitar solo at the end (probably RHCP's best in a long time). "Better" has two awesome guitar solo's that are just as good, if not better (pun not intended). I love Robin's solo at the end especially. Very well-done IMHO.

Edited by GNRfan2008

The lyrics to Better sound like something a boy band would sing.....

you think Lyrics of Sweet Child & Don't Cry sound any better? or November Rain? .... :lol: and those are some of the best GNR songs!

I love how Slasholes fans trying so hard to put down the new songs! :lol: man, ya guys make me :laugh:

The new song rock3

EDIT:

Slash fans: if anit Slash playing...it aint good! :rofl-lol:

Edited by Funeral

The lyrics to Better sound like something a boy band would sing.....

you think Lyrics of Sweet Child & Don't Cry sound any better? or November Rain? .... :lol: and those are some of the best GNR songs!

I love how Slasholes fans trying so hard to put down the new songs! :lol: man, ya guys make me :laugh:

The new song rock3

EDIT:

Slash fans: if anit Slash playing...it aint good! :rofl-lol:

Not really... boy bands and pop rock lyrics are two completely different things. Its scarey that you cant recognize that.

But the thing that makes Better suck is the intro :vomit:

Not really... boy bands and pop rock lyrics are two completely different things. Its scarey that you cant recognize that.

I like the intro, other than the drum machines. Good riff.

Always thought it was on arpreggio synth, turns out i'm wrong.

Edited by adnan

Good appreggio riff.

:laugh: ..... :confused:

Edited by Forsaken

Good appreggio riff.

:laugh:

Isn't it on appreggio synth? I haven't really watched a live version.

Appreggio?? Do you mean arpeggio?