Better

where's izzy?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin definitly did a good job on this one. The vocals on the 'now I know you better' part are really good. Also I really like the solo. Very bluesy. Anyone else really like his work on Better?

it's a genius song

and i almost guarantee it will sell phenominally as a single

modern flares, to hell with them

this is more like what gnr should sound like in 2006

the live version makes the intro sound better though...

Robin definitly did a good job on this one. The vocals on the 'now I know you better' part are really good. Also I really like the solo. Very bluesy. Anyone else really like his work on Better?

it's a genius song

and i almost guarantee it will sell phenominally as a single

modern flares, to hell with them

this is more like what gnr should sound like in 2006

the live version makes the intro sound better though...

The live version kicks ass, there's a definite new dimension to the intro there which does sound a lot cooler. Plus the heavy bits and the screams in the middle are second to none. really captures the anger and power in Guns N Roses today.

Is it odd that the best of the new songs (and in some people's opinion, the only good new song) wasn't written by Axl?

the guitar is really lame and uninspriring (except bucket (ron's) parts), axl's melody is what makes the song.

I think the guitar work on the demo is fantastic. The bad news is that it is all buckethead stuff that won't even make the final version. I think without the BH stuff, it is pretty lame. Terrible, cliche' lyrics.

"I know you know you know better." Come on now...

Now, damn me for my independent thought. I don't dig the emperor's new clothes nor this Christina Aguilera following bunch thus far.

Pubes.

I think the guitar work on the demo is fantastic. The bad news is that it is all buckethead stuff that won't even make the final version. I think without the BH stuff, it is pretty lame. Terrible, cliche' lyrics.

Now, damn me for my independent thought. I don't dig the emperor's new clothes nor this Christina Aguilera following bunch thus far.

Pubes.

Nobody even knows if Buckethead's stuff will be on the album or not. Ron said he's not rerecording anything so it's probably more likely that it'll stay.

Pubes.

Nobody even knows if Buckethead's stuff will be on the album or not. Ron said he's not rerecording anything so it's probably more likely that it'll stay.

That's pretty cool then. I'm not a buckethead mark, but I think he does some pretty cool stuff with the guitar. Bumblefoot sounds like a hell of a shredder, but I guess live will be his contribution for now. I tend to think Axl is too spiteful to keep BHs stuff on, but your right, who knows?

Pubes.

yeah, ron and dizzy said it'll be bucket. but fortus said it'll be ron.

all of that "too late" to record stuff is bullshit. bumble could be learning all the tracks now and record them in a week or so when he gets back to the states.

How do we know Robin wrote this one?

Axl said so a couple of times before/after playing the song on this tour

I thought Axl was refering to musical arrangement rather than the writing of the song, that was the impression i got anyway, but when CD comes out we'll know for definate :-)

LIZ

I thought Axl was refering to musical arrangement rather than the writing of the song, that was the impression i got anyway, but when CD comes out we'll know for definate :-)

LIZ

ARRANGEMENTS????? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT WORD MEANS????????

Musical arrangements my ASS!!!! Though arrangements can make a song, it sure as fucking hell doesn´t mean writing it.

Arrangements is how you hear it, not WHAT you hear. and as for arranging that song. it´s so 4/4 and in the box that any idiot could arrange it.

Better is simple and flameboyant. THANK GOD!!! the simplicity of it makes it a fucking powerhouse!!!

That song is what NIN should´ve done.

And to all of you cocksuckers who say it´s a boyband song. please READ the lyrics.

Scott Weiland´s "when you look you see right through me" is a helluva lot worse!!

Axl is A-League in poetry. To any idiot trying to say anything else should start READING some shit!

You think that words like, "where she was while she was sleeping, in another WOMANS bed" means that the chick in TWAT is a fucking lesbian or BI are the same ppl who think Better sucks.

And should seriously not try to judge poetry that is on such a higher level.

You are the same ppl who WISH you were Axl, and as good as him. But he will always be two feet ahead of you. cus you fucking morons don´t understand that the another woman is the fucking wife of the guy she is cheating with... instead of saying, in another MANs bed! IDIOTS!!

fucking lowposter newbie motherfuckers!

and yes, I´m NOT a n00b. BAN me all you want. But I´ve been around.

Edited by browser