A Worthwhile question.

goldfinger19

Do any of you expect GNR to be on mainstream radio and to have new music video's when they finally release the album later this year. One would think that they will make a video for at least one song, but I don't know if there would be enough popular demand to push their video's and radio singles to the top of the charts despite the fact that their album will likely sell millions. What do any of you think about this?

Do any of you expect GNR to be on mainstream radio and to have new music video's when they finally release the album later this year. One would think that they will make a video for at least one song, but I don't know if there would be enough popular demand to push their video's and radio singles to the top of the charts despite the fact that their album will likely sell millions. What do any of you think about this?

Well, I hope as much as the next fella that the album is going to come this year (but we've always heard "This year is THE year" in the past). I don't think that a single would be a bad thing to release. I think BETTER would be a perfect song, or at least a rocker of its caliber. The think I don't know about is a music video... Are there any channels that play them? I know MTV stopped (for the most part, except for rap), and so has VH1 (except on Sundays for a Top 20 Countdown with all new videos of artists old and new) to take in their places reality television... I don't think they can go wrong with a strong single (or any single at all, at this point)... The video, though, is a whole other ballgame...

/Kevin

Well, I hope as much as the next fella that the album is going to come this year (but we've always heard "This year is THE year" in the past). I don't think that a single would be a bad thing to release. I think BETTER would be a perfect song, or at least a rocker of its caliber. The think I don't know about is a music video... Are there any channels that play them? I know MTV stopped (for the most part, except for rap), and so has VH1 (except on Sundays for a Top 20 Countdown with all new videos of artists old and new) to take in their places reality television... I don't think they can go wrong with a strong single (or any single at all, at this point)... The video, though, is a whole other ballgame...

/Kevin

I channel surf a lot and it is very, very rare that I ever seen a music video being played on any channel. Except for VH1 classic and that's older stuff. MTV just plays crappy reality TV shows and VH1 is always repeating the same thing. So I doubt any new Guns N' Roses video will get a whole lot of air time.

I channel surf a lot and it is very, very rare that I ever seen a music video being played on any channel. Except for VH1 classic and that's older stuff. MTV just plays crappy reality TV shows and VH1 is always repeating the same thing. So I doubt any new Guns N' Roses video will get a whole lot of air time.

It would get plenty of air time on things like Scuzz, MTV2, Q etc.

rock4

I think that the last years you cannot easily see a rock video on TV cause it's about mainstream things only (with the exception of VH1)

But there are some TV programms in each country's TV which promote rock & metal scene.

For example here in Greece we have a TV show once a week on MAD channel and I surely expect to see a new video if it 's releashed of course.

In my area...there's a pretty cool radio station that will be all over a new GnR release (FM96).

Much Music will squeeze it in between all the rapwhores wiggling their asses and skinny white boys pretending their punks.

Much More Music will play it as well..

I think "classic rock" stations will give it some attention..

They will definately be on mainstream radio because of their label connections...

I think they will have a video eventually, maybe after the US tour, but I am thinking it might be one of those performance videos ala Paradise City. I would love something huge and big budget that brings back the "most dangerous band in the world" image. If done well, it could be so badass...

And whats with all these "a worthwile question" type topic titles! Can't people put the subject in the topic title? Are you scared that your topic is too boring, so you have to trick people into reading it? This has been discussed a few times, sure but you dont have to hide behind a trick title! and its not just you man, its a lot of people around here... Id just prefer to know what im gonna read about.

But yeah I would love a big badass video, maybe showing us some dramitized version of what hes been doing all these years, or just some sort of glimpse into his life, cause a lot of people thought the band was dangerous because of the behavior of its frontman, and axls short fuse and "victory or death" attitude would be something awesome to personify in a video

For a band like GN'R, music videos are just a promotional tool for the album. Even if sales of singles are a low priority for the band, they will still make music videos because it is part of the broader marketing strategy for making the public aware of your new material.

Even if there are only a few outlets for getting music videos seen in the US, that shouldn't be a reason not to do it. GN'R have a global appeal and there may be more opportunities to get the music videos on tv in other countries and they are an important market for the band. We also shouldn't forget the internet. If they make the video available online, it will help them attract a younger demographic who maybe haven't been exposed to GN'R before.

For a band like GN'R, music videos are just a promotional tool for the album. Even if sales of singles are a low priority for the band, they will still make music videos because it is part of the broader marketing strategy for making the public aware of your new material.

Even if there are only a few outlets for getting music videos seen in the US, that shouldn't be a reason not to do it. GN'R have a global appeal and there may be more opportunities to get the music videos on tv in other countries and they are an important market for the band. We also shouldn't forget the internet. If they make the video available online, it will help them attract a younger demographic who maybe haven't been exposed to GN'R before.

If any one has directtv/or dishnet...they have a music channel called fuse..they have dedicated rock and metal shows....they also have a chanell called cd right by the fuse channel....I can see vh1 classic playing the video to and doing a special....dont worry they will be seen...no doubt about it...