MYGNR Top 100 Albums of All Time

New Rose

Meh. It's a pretty generic list. Seems most people here don't listen to much outside the mainstream..

Or maybe they do, but they don't all listen to the same stuff which isn't mainstream and so they didn't get enough votes to make the list

I listen to lots of non-mainstream stuff, or stuff from bands that used to be mainstream but are back at the clubs and small arenas now (L.A. Guns), and obscure bands from the 70's and late 60's. And bands in the mainstream make it there for a reason. Personally, I would put "Izzy & The Ju Ju Hounds", "Pawnshop Guitars", and the 2002 L.A. Guns album "Waking the Dead" on this list, as well as a few blues records, but so many other non-mainstream albums are defective, and I'm sorry, they don't really belong on a list of the best collective albums of all time.

However, the predominant taste of a rock forum, is going to be pure rock music, and I'm thrilled we got 'Thriller' & 'Purple Rain' on the list at all.

but so many other non-mainstream albums are defective, and I'm sorry, they don't really belong on a list of the best collective albums of all time.

However, the predominant taste of a rock forum, is going to be pure rock music, and I'm thrilled we got 'Thriller' & 'Purple Rain' on the list at all.

Excellent point!

Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

AC/DC - Back In Black

Def Leppard - Pyromania

Van Halen - 1984

all but one of mine made it. as far as the varied taste go. remember this was everyone's top 5. i think alot of people on this forum have very varied tastes in music. but, maybe it's just not in their top 5.

/thread of the year candidate?

Edited by artfromtex

how many votes did #100 get? 2?

cuz there's the number 5 after Aerosmith's Rocks at #34 and I'm guessing it's the number of votes and you missed it when deleting it

it's hard to make a list of 100 entries with so few votes and so diverse

and for everybody complaining about the quality of the albums that made it, remember that when it comes to voting you get a contest of popularity, not one of quality

these aren't the best 100 albums, these are the most popular 100 albums on a GNR forum

(btw, I expected Contraband and GNR Lies to be on the list, so i am a bit surprised)

Edit: one more thing: great work New Rose!!! congrats man!

Edited by AV_Ace