Why do people hate Axl so much?

jacque|ine

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

What? Revesokken didn't pay the rent????????

Oh my God!!!

yah...

that, and he kept coming out, and get dry humping his girl-friends leg...

Axl said it was funny at first, but..once you start riding my leg Revesokken..

then, your outta here.. :chef:

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you wrote :unsure: , I'm not english native and I don't catch what you meant. Hope it was funny though! :rolleyes:

yeah it was funny :rofl-lol:

Like someone said here, everything is because of the press. They always write the negative things, because they sell more.

From now on, in every concert, we'll hear a small group pf people shouting "We want Slash" "We want the original band" "We want Duff" etc, etc...you got my point. But there's also going to be another bigger group that shouts "I love you Axl" (That's me :D) "GNR rocks", "Robin you're the best", "Pit(t)man, fuck me" :lol:, and the press is not going to write: "Wow, it was a great concert, everybody was singing, and screaming, and crazy about the band". No!! They would never write that, even if there is just ONE person saying "I want Slash", they would write about it!! That's their job.

Now, people don't understand that Slash, and Duff are in another band, and if they want to see them, they just have to go to a Velvet Revolver's concert. Of course people don't say "We want Axl" because it's "Velvet Revolver". I'm sure if it was named "Guns N' Roses" people would be crazier, shouting: "we fucking want Axl". Everything is because of the name "Guns N' Roses", people can't get over it.

So don't let the press bring you down, guys. We love this band, and the ones who don't love it, let them get over it by themselves!! :rofl-lol:

We already got over it, and we like the band. We are happy with them. We know they're talented musicians, and that Axl is the BEST!! rock3

So let's just be happy, and whoever talks shit about Axl or the band: I DON'T CARE!!! I look at the positive things of the situation. Ok, I miss Slash, and Duff, and Matt. They're talented too, but they're not here anymore. What am I supposed to do?? Cry?? No, no, no!! I'M HAPPY, and the people who are always complaining, and talking shit about the band : THEY'RE NOT HAPPY!! They are always looking for bad things, so let them GET OVER IT by themselves!! :D

Edited by sarsura

Like someone said here, everything is because of the press. They always write the negative things, because they sell more.

From now on, in every concert, we'll hear a small group pf people shouting "We want Slash" "We want the original band" "We want Duff" etc, etc...you got my point. But there's also going to be another bigger group that shouts "I love you Axl" (That's me :D) "GNR rocks", "Robin you're the best", "Pit(t)man, fuck me" :lol:, and the press is not going to write: "Wow, it was a great concert, everybody was singing, and screaming, and crazy about the band". No!! They would never write that, even if there is just ONE person saying "I want Slash", they would write about it!! That's their job.

Now, people don't understand that Slash, and Duff are in another band, and if they want to see them, they just have to go to a Velvet Revolver's concert. Of course people don't say "We want Axl" because it's "Velvet Revolver". I'm sure if it was named "Guns N' Roses" people would be crazier, shouting: "we fucking want Axl". Everything is because of the name "Guns N' Roses", people can't get over it.

So don't let the press bring you down, guys. We love this band, and the ones who don't love it, let them get over it by themselves!! :rofl-lol:

We already got over it, and we like the band. We are happy with them. We know they're talented musicians, and that Axl is the BEST!! rock3

So let's just be happy, and whoever talks shit about Axl or the band: I DON'T CARE!!! I look at the positive things of the situation. Ok, I miss Slash, and Duff, and Matt. They're talented too, but they're not here anymore. What am I supposed to do?? Cry?? No, no, no!! I'M HAPPY, and the people who are always complaining, and talking shit about the band : THEY'RE NOT HAPPY!! They are always looking for bad things, so let them GET OVER IT by themselves!! :D

I'll be there shouting with you :D In my opinion, those who shout "We want Slash!" in a Gn'R concert are f****** stupid; I wouldn't go to a VR concert and shout "I want Axl. Scott Weiland you suck!" although I feel like that. :P Anyway, I agree with you, I love the band and Axl and no press article and nobody will change that.

Axl is an extremely talented guy, not only an amazing songwriter but one of the greatest frontmen in rock history. That being said, there are a lot of reasons why some people hate him. The most obvious is the loss of the original band. Personally, I don't think that was entirely his fault, but many do. There is also his perceived lack of respect for the fans. The man spent untold millions on CD and has made the fans wait well over a decade to hear it. Until this year, he didn't even bother to give the fans updates to show there was progress being made. When we finally heard leaks-which I do like-they bore little resemblance to the old band, which pissed the old fans off even more. I don't think all the cancelled and abbreviated shows back in the day helped much either. I'm not even taking into account the controversy over One in a Million and recording a Manson song, as well as his reported abuse of women. I don't necessarily see these things as completely true, but they are enough for a large amount of people to hate him.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but blaming his poor image entirely on the media or the Slashites is pretty short-sighted. Ultimately, Axl is responsible for his own actions and there are always going to be people who hold grudges for his past behavior. I really hope that his attitude toward the fans has changed for the better and that people will give CD a fair chance, but I expect a lot of negative reviews of the album and the tour. Hopefully he will start giving interviews and have a chance to tell his side of the story, but in my mind releasing a great album will be vindication enough.

To me, I don't see why you have to like the guy personally to be a fan of the music, and I don't give a fuck what anyone says to the contrary. I will always be a fan.

Same reason they hated Jim Morrison,He refuses to be another sheep in society and does things differently.

A truly FREE individual always provokes fear and wrath from society.

Sad but True!

I think you're thinking too much of Axl there.

People hate Axl because

1) He's touring under the name Guns N' Roses as if he was the only member of the band that mattered back in 87-93. It's plain and simple bad taste to do what he's done.

2) Many blame him for the breakup of GNR to begin with.

Same reason they hated Jim Morrison,He refuses to be another sheep in society and does things differently.

Sad but True!

Axl is different from Jim Morrison.

And they hate him because he is ginger. Simple as that.

Axl is different from Jim Morrison.

And they hate him because he is ginger. Simple as that.

Yes, because I have heard that gingers don't have souls... :monkey:

He's only half ginger. no freckles. But that means he's like the Blade of the ginger world.

can't you just say red head?

ginger is a spice

and also the name of that chick off of gilligan's island

Sad but True!

I think you're thinking too much of Axl there.

People hate Axl because

1) He's touring under the name Guns N' Roses as if he was the only member of the band that mattered back in 87-93. It's plain and simple bad taste to do what he's done.

2) Many blame him for the breakup of GNR to begin with.

Yeah

Well, I know this topic is a bit lame, I never start a topic, but since I've been a Gn'R fan, all I hear and read about Axl is: he's an arsehole, he should go to prison for live and give all the bands' rights to Slash, he's the reason why one of the biggest R&R bands split up. I didn't really care at the beginning (i've just enjoyed the music), but it started to piss me off lately. I mean, he may not be the nicest guy on earth but you can't deny that he's as talented as a singer as Slash is with his guitar. It's always Axl vs. Slash and usually the credits go to Slash. I shouldn't care, people have different opinions, but everytime I read a review about a concert of this tour, I read what is more a comparison of old guns - new guns. For example (it's an article about the Download festival in the "Play" magazine):

"Which leads me nicely to the latest incarnation of Guns N' Roses. It all starts so well, on stage early and the one-two-three punch of 'Welcome to the Jungle', 'It's so easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone', but it soon becomes apparent that this show will be molested into farce. Half an hour in, Axl throws a wobbler, storming off sighting technical difficulties, whilst cries of 'We want Slash' ring out as A N Other engages in a guitar solo so boring that a trip to the portaloo with your Sunday papers is preferable to watching this impostor(!) arpeggiate his way to the rock hall of shame. Christina Aguilera? C'mon mate, you are at Donington and you are taking the piss. Eventually Axl returns, some guy that plays the bass and is not Duff threatens to go home if he gets hit with another bottle and with a positively lunar atmosphere the band play on. Even the introduction of Izzy Stradlin and the motor-mouthed Seb Bach latterly in the set fail to recapture the magic. A finale of 'Paradise City' lifts morale on the trudge back to the campsite, but after three days of exemplary metal it is clear how out of touch Axl has become."

It's obviously one fuckhead playing intelligent, this article isn't objective at all, but I've just read another one from my country, it isn't much better, they see Gn'R as a joke, something like Axl Rose & support band. When will this shit stop? I don't know if after releasing the CD and touring things will be better. I mean, there are, of course, positive reviews, but compared to this crap, it doesn't even count. No, I don't give a shit about the media & press, I know they've always presented Axl as the "badass rock n' roller" BUT then I read on other Gn'R or Music forums the same crap. People DO believe Axl is a motherf***er who should leave the band. It makes me laugh sometimes; other times it makes me wonder: what did this guy do to them? They hate him more than the 9/11 terrorists.

I just wanted to know what you people think about this.

my kids told me that there were four catogories for best that axl took hair, band, and i don't know the others but still, i read about people who think bad press is good press. but after a while bad press wins. people believe what they hear. the best thing for axl is good press, not bad. i thnk he knows it too. whether we like it or not it is not going to be easy to win over these characters and the more you give in to their demands the more you get pushed. axl caves to them. thats why the old band had such a hard time in the 90's, the critizism became a front issue and first it was steven, then izzy, then axl. slash has this way of staying out of trouble.(hiding behind the hair) but he still gets his if they can sling it. people like to pick on this band because they can. the big lables don't want him, never did, the people did, but they LOVE his money. it's a love hate relationship. axl needs to learn to look the bull in the eye and then embrace it, because the bear is much bigger. get the bull get the people. and by the way axl is the band, I put my money on control issues. thru the years i've heard it again and agian he has to have things a certian way. not to mention he don't kiss every ones ass. i don't know. all i know is he needs to get his ass back here.

PS

Guest cherry_bomb

oh i can see why they would. late shows, not showing up, his general attitdude. some people dont like it. but, seeing as he;s never done anything to personally fuck me over, i couldnt care less. i have the upmost respect and admiration for the man, and that'll never change.