Axl Book - anyone know anything?

Voodoo Dolly

I feel as if i've missed something and that everyone knows except me. On Mick Walls blog (where he talks endlessly about Axl) he mentions the Axl Rose book he's writing and Ross Hafin mentions it to in his blog.

Is it true or am I being gullible believing them?? Does anyone know anything about this?? :question:

Edit:- Just read ur other post, maybe it is a new one, seems a bit pointless though since this new one is due to come out pretty soon!

Yeah, i doubt he would be writing another one, although i wouldnt put it past him. Mick Wall loves getting attention from the GnR name, every fucking article about Guns or Axl that he writes he just has to go into how he was "imortalized" for all time in Get In The Ring. Fine! he has written other articles and books, but he needs to move on from GnR, all he wants to do is stir up more fire, luckily i doubt Axl would give him the time of day!

There is another book out there by Sorelle Saidman which is currently in the works, she has been writing it for a couple of years and has done some extensive research and interviews with people who know/knew Axl. I believe at the moment Its currently getting looking over by Axls lawyers to check the validity of the information inside and i think she recently came across some new info that she has gone back and addeded in!

Jonx

Edited by jonx12

Looks like your right, see for yourself why what i said in my above post still stands!

I am, however, writing a book about someone who makes Syd's so-called 'madness' seem like a bit of a headache the morning after one too many alcopops - namely, my old sparring partner, W. Axl Rose. My occasional running jokes about the nonsense old Waxy is currently getting up to on his comeback tour notwithstanding, this is actually going to be my serious attempt to try and put the feller's extraordinary story into some kind of proper perspective - i.e. the life, the music, the man, the bullshit, the brilliance, the bathos. The full banana.

At the end of the day, who is this guy? And why - why? - is he like he is? I'm gonna try and tell ya. And no, it's not about payback for 'Get In The Ring' - that song made me a lot of money 15 years ago. In my own way, I'm rather proud of it. Except for the fact that it's not that great. Certainly not by classic GN'R standards anyway. It's not even the first time a pissed off artist put my name in a song. (That honour goes to Gary Numan - another story for another time.) No, this is going to be a serious journey and even I don't know yet what the final outcome will be. I promise you this though - it wont fuck around.

In order to complete it though I'm gonna have to bury my head in work for the next few weeks. For a writer, that's a double-edged sword - it's as exciting as it gets for a wordsmith. It's also as boring as hell for all those that have to put up with him while he's doing it. By the time it's over I almost always vow I will never do anything like it again. So much so, in fact, that right now, as I think about it, I worry that I wont be able to deliver. That I'll crap out halfway through, out of gas, my balls completely deflated. It's happened before.

Except this time it's personal of course so that can't happen. Instead I'll probably just shave a few more years off my life in the process. Will it be worth it though? You can be the judge of that when you get a chance to read it some time next year.

http://www.mickwall.com/blog/blog.php

Jonx

Yeah, i doubt he would be writing another one, although i wouldnt put it past him. Mick Wall loves getting attention from the GnR name, every fucking article about Guns or Axl that he writes he just has to go into how he was "imortalized" for all time in Get In The Ring. Fine! he has written other articles and books, but he needs to move on from GnR, all he wants to do is stir up more fire, luckily i doubt Axl would give him the time of day!

You are of course right. Mick Wall has seen how successful the tour has been and has pound/dollar signs in his eyes. He's rushing a book out to cash in on Axls name.

Edited by deebee1

Edit:- Just read ur other post, maybe it is a new one, seems a bit pointless though since this new one is due to come out pretty soon!

There is another book out there by Sorelle Saidman which is currently in the works, she has been writing it for a couple of years and has done some extensive research and interviews with people who know/knew Axl. I believe at the moment Its currently getting looking over by Axls lawyers to check the validity of the information inside and i think she recently came across some new info that she has gone back and addeded in!

Jonx

Yes, you are right about that. It is called "Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses (Hardcover) by Sorelle Saidman and you can pre order on amazon.com as I did. The cost is $16.97. The book was supposed to be completed at the end of July, however it has been delayed and has not yet been released yet.

Yes, you are right about that. It is called "Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses (Hardcover) by Sorelle Saidman and you can pre order on amazon.com as I did. The cost is $16.97. The book was supposed to be completed at the end of July, however it has been delayed and has not yet been released yet.

Might be holding out for a chapter and review on CD... would make sense to use this as an end point -although I guess it is a starting point for us :)

i thought that Del James was going to be writing an autobiography of Axl, but he was waiting for the release of Chinese Democracy to finish it?

i don't remember where i read this, but i know i read it more than once.

Edited by odecom5

yes i have heard about a new book about axl coming out, i even ordered it on amazon at the beginning of the year and then was told that the release date kept being held off for some legal reason. dont know if its the same one you heard about but i have heard of a new one but no one seems to know when it will be released, the book stores had one in there system and i think release date is sometime in 07. but who knows

i thought that Del James was going to be writing an autobiography of Axl, but he was waiting for the release of Chinese Democracy to finish it?

i don't remember where i read this, but i know i read it more than once.

If he's waiting for that it may take forever :P:P:P:P:P

Or it might come out pretty soon :shades: