Why no sellout yet?

batman007

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

150? come on, it's way to much for a band that hasn't done crap sense the 90's. I don't know how they came up with this amount...that's ridicules...only the Rolling Stones charge this much now days!

I agree it's much, but not too much. Just because Gn'R didn't release the album doesn't mean they have been sitting on their asses for ten years and thought after a while it would be fun to do some shows and get some money.

On topic: It has already been said, I think that ppl are hoping that Gn'R would do a show closer to their town. And also because of the new line'up, the lack of new material etc. It's pretty strange they haven't sold out yet but that's not an issue for us, fans. It's amazing, though, that Gn'R sold out in NY and many other shows in Europe.

150? come on, it's way to much for a band that hasn't done crap sense the 90's. I don't know how they came up with this amount...that's ridicules...only the Rolling Stones charge this much now days!

I agree it's much, but not too much. Just because Gn'R didn't release the album doesn't mean they have been sitting on their asses for ten years and thought after a while it would be fun to do some shows and get some money.

On topic: It has already been said, I think that ppl are hoping that Gn'R would do a show closer to their town. And also because of the new line'up, the lack of new material etc. It's pretty strange they haven't sold out yet but that's not an issue for us, fans. It's amazing, though, that Gn'R sold out in NY and many other shows in Europe.

I think GNR may have missed the boat a bit, as far as catching the Rock n Roll revival trend in North America. If they could've had their album out, and been touring two or three years ago, they would've done better, around the time GH came out. Classic rock is on its way back out right now.

Europe is always a completely different market than the US, just like in the old days. Appetite and Lies were extremely popular in the US, but by the time the illusions hit, rock and roll and the GNR's popularity were on the decline. In Europe, Appetite and lies didn't make much of an initial impact, and it was Illusions that catapulted them into superstardom.

Just cuz their selling out europe, doesn't mean the US will be so good to them.

.....Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I'm pretty shocked. I would have thought they would have sold out in minutes.

I fall into the category Maddy is describing. I have the money but spent alot to see 2 shows at Hammerstein. I'm not about to pay 150 a ticket plus air plus hotel plus all the other expenses of Las vegas to see them again and rearrange my work schedule. Although it will be a kickass show. If it was closer to home I'd be there.

Plus I don't have any GNR friends besides you all to go with.

I am hoping I will see them twice when they hit America..... once in Detroit and once in Chicago.

But yeah I'm shocked its not sold out yet.

The "Hardcore Fans" who can afford $150.00 a night, plus travel, and Hotel.....spent it in New York.

This is a good SIGN......Axl needs to announce a release date before he goes to bigger venues.

He needs to release "Better" as a single and get the ball rolling!

I don't think this tour will sell out playing WTTJ, SC,and PC.

Just my thoughts,

LJ

Exactly. I dropped $700 flying down to NY, watching the gig, sleeping at a hotel for 2 hours, then flying back the next morning for work. It was the best concert I'd ever been to, but I'd only consider doing something like that again if it was the old lineup.

You're so right about the setlist though. They need new songs. People are not going to want to see them play 75% old songs when it's not even the band that made the songs famous that's playing them!! Right? I mean, that just makes sense to me.

I also don't buy the argument that fans don't know it's a new band. Velvet Revolver, VH1 Behind the Music, MTV VMAs in 2002, MMM The Story of GN'R, the oh I don't know, 40 or so shows they've played in 2002 and 2006 - these things have taken care of that. I will say this though - promoters aren't exactly promoting the fact that Robin Finck and Richard Fortus are the guitarists in the band rather than Slash and Izzy. I think it'd be best for the band to try to make these guys into stars because the issue is gonna be front and center once videos and the album are out. Maybe that's when they will focus on stuff like that.

The tickets are expensive but I wouldn´t mind paying that money if I were you. What if they do an American tour later?Better for you, you can go see them more times!

I would do whatever just to have the opportunity to bring them back to Spain again, the two gigs I could attend were not enough, atleast for me. rock3

Edited by November_rain

The tickets are expensive but I wouldn´t mind paying that money if I were you. What if they do an American tour later?Better for you, you can go see them more times!

I would do whatever just to have the opportunity to bring them back to Spain again, the two gigs I could attend were not enough, atleast for me. rock3

I agree 150 is decent considering its only like 1500 people there. In fact i'd pay that in a second. Its just the airfare, hotel etc. adds up a little too much for me especially since I just did it in May for NY.

I can't say i'm not tempted though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see them in a stadium.

I paid over £200 to fly down to Hammersmith in London to see GN'R in June. I'm only 17 and my finances took a hit to fund it but I'd pay every single penny all over again because it was the best concert I've ever been to.

It also depends to what extent it's being advertised in Vegas. Many people may not realise the shows are happening.

I agree 150 is decent considering its only like 1500 people there. In fact i'd pay that in a second. Its just the airfare, hotel etc. adds up a little too much for me especially since I just did it in May for NY.

I can't say i'm not tempted though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see them in a stadium.

i live in NY and was at the second night hammerstein show. i got 2 tickets to the opening night in vegas during the presale. got a 400.00 flight on the day of the show and am trying to decide what hotel to stay at right now in vegas. i've never been there and im making a 4 day vacation there. 150 for the ticket is alot but you only live once and it'll be a really cool experience to see them and vegas all at the same time.

tickets at the hammerstein were half the price, but they could sell twice as many tickets. they have to make a certain amount of money to put a show on, and theres 8 guys in the band not to mention the crew and all the other costs involved. $150 is pricey, but worth it and i'll be at both shows.

Not as many hardcore fans are going to be going to this, as a lot of us spent our money going to New York. I need to know with certainty that i'm going to hear a different set list before I drop a thousand plus on traveling to see this band again.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Hammerstein tickets were half the price.

But This place is half the accomodation of the Hammerstein.

Even more intimate

I'd gladly play the price if they were playing it in England, more chance of meeting the band too.

Hey you never know they may play a few more songs. I'd go regardless of what they play, I saw them do pretty much the same show 3 times in the space of a week and was still as happy each night as I was the first time. Infact I'm itching to see them again.

Axl come back to England soon!

I think GNR may have missed the boat a bit, as far as catching the Rock n Roll revival trend in North America. If they could've had their album out, and been touring two or three years ago, they would've done better, around the time GH came out. Classic rock is on its way back out right now.

Sadly, I agree.

Unless your a hardcore GNR fan, No one will pay that price. You would think they would try to build there rep back up because the only real members are Axl and Dizzy. Not like a reunion or anything. What a rip off.

its better than a fucking reunion. if you think its a rip off, then dont go.

its better than a fucking reunion. if you think its a rip off, then dont go.

Ha. I just noticed your signature. Change the word 'Slash' to 'Robin Finck' and it accurately describes you. :rofl-lol:

On topic: Give the venues time to sell out. It's not like they've exactly hyped it up alot in the press so what the hell did you expect?

Does anyone still believe AXL N ROSES will have a sold out North American tour and sell millions of copies of Chinese Democracy in the States (the only market that matters, Sorry Europe)??

Yes, I do. These shows had virtually no promotion unless you are a member of these boards which not every GNR fan is. San Fran shows seem to be fairly sold out as well as good tix for Inland Invasion. Obviously not everyone can afford the steep price of Vegas. Regular arena shows will be less than half the price and they will sell and I am thinking we will have an announcement for CD very shortly. Once that happens, MTV will get involved if they aren't already and then it takes off from there.

Does anyone still believe AXL N ROSES will have a sold out North American tour and sell millions of copies of Chinese Democracy in the States (the only market that matters, Sorry Europe)??

Yes, I do. These shows had virtually no promotion unless you are a member of these boards which not every GNR fan is. San Fran shows seem to be fairly sold out as well as good tix for Inland Invasion. Obviously not everyone can afford the steep price of Vegas. Regular arena shows will be less than half the price and they will sell and I am thinking we will have an announcement for CD very shortly. Once that happens, MTV will get involved if they aren't already and then it takes off from there.

hows mtv going to get involved?

Classic rock isnt going or coming, its just hard to write like that. If it was easy, there would be thousands of pounding tunes on the radio today. I believe GnR would sell out US dates but they need to do it the old fashioned way, write a handful of tunes that hit like tunes off of Appetite. All it takes is one video that rocks and up-up and away, all over again, with any line-up...especially with Axl up front.

Classic rock isnt going or coming, its just hard to write like that. If it was easy, there would be thousands of pounding tunes on the radio today. I believe GnR would sell out US dates but they need to do it the old fashioned way, write a handful of tunes that hit like tunes off of Appetite. All it takes is one video that rocks and up-up and away, all over again, with any line-up...especially with Axl up front.

there already a song on the album that can do it. its called better. axl should make it in to a video

Edited by GNRbomber