Blink-182

kevin

So I love Blink-182, anyone else here like them?

Their pre enema of the state stuff is really different than anything post enema. The singing is eh on those albums, but hey i still like the music! I love TOYPAJ. My favorite song right now by them(it changes frequently) would have to be going away to college.

To be honest I was disapointed by the last album they recorded, but it's still allright.

I'm also a big Boxcar Racer fan, and a very big Angels & Airwaves fan. AVA is some great music, but I don't like how Tom suddenly became.. well mature! It seems weird to me.

Anyways, I'm expecting a lot of bitching about how they aren't talented, but I don't care. Travis is one of the most talented drummers, and no one can deny that. Sure you can say the guitar isn't complicated but oh well; tom wrote catchy pop-punk melodys on the guitar which served it's purpose of complimenting their vocal style.

I very strongly dislike them...yet I love them. Make sense of that.

Generally I don't like their music but that's what I and most people my age grew up with. I listened to them before GNR a bit.

They were huge around that time. Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing I like about them, or im just so used to them. I dunno.

Travis is a great drummer i'll agree.

Transplants ^_^

Some AVA songs have grown on me but Tom just does my head in. The way he talked about the album before it was released.....of course people are going to be disappointed in it.

I sure was, well the songs I heard of it. I think the singles are alright now, but when the first one came out.....I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

Never got into Boxcar Racer, had an album but just hated it.

I didn't listen to them for ages after I discovered GNR and really got into music, but recently I have a bit more. I can't help myself.

Some AVA songs have grown on me but Tom just does my head in. The way he talked about the album before it was released.....of course people are going to be disappointed in it.

I sure was, well the songs I heard of it. I think the singles are alright now, but when the first one came out.....I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

:rofl-lol:

I remember Tom saying like, the AVA album was supposed to be the greatest story of inspiration of hope and perseverance of all time or something. And he compared it to the Joshua Tree and the likes. It isn't epic like that, but I can sure tell that there are U2 influences.

It's funny how like he became all serious about his music, when a few years ago he was talking about dog semen and stuff :rofl-lol:

Yeah all the interviews with him he's saying how great it is and how it's going to change the world etc...

There was quite a lot about it in Kerrang. I dunno if you read it or not, but one week they took the piss out of him in their Pandora comic part.

U2 influences? *U2 RIP-OFFS. That annoyed me. When I heard the first single, towards the end? Oh Tom......Your not Bono. Neither are you some form of messiah.

It's good to have confidence in your music but he's gone to the point of deluded. And it's hard to take him seriously after all the dog semen and nakedness :laugh:

It'll take him a while to get past that and going from prancing about naked in your videos to pretending to be Jesus is quite a leap.

"It sounds like stadium rock by a band that’s meant to be the absolute biggest band in the world," he tells us.

"People are going to flip out when they hear this. I’m not even joking right now, it’s so good. It’s so much better than anything I’ve ever done."

tg1gh2.jpg

ANYWAY back to Blink 182, I have all the albums from Cheshire Cat on except for their last. I really like Feeling This and now Miss You.

TOYPAJ was my favourite. I might put that on now actually. "Happy Holidays, You Bastard" not a bad song... :lol:

That was the band people always talked about when I was about 13, 14 and in high school. I guess they're the band I love to hate.

They're definately fun, Blink 182 that is. I don't listen to any of the post-Blink bands.

Musically they're very simple. Not too complex. But they definately get me nostalgic. I love their live CD where they tell like 20 minutes of jokes at the end and in between every song. I laugh my ass off listening to them. Mark and Tom could have a second career in standup comedy.

enough with threads about these fucking gay fake punk bands. I mean fuck theres already two other about green day, threads just go rite this shit there.

Listen asshole I stay out of your slayer threads so stay out of this.

Anyways I agree with everyone who says they're fun; because that's what I think they were always trying to be.

tg1gh2.jpg

ANYWAY back to Blink 182, I have all the albums from Cheshire Cat on except for their last. I really like Feeling This and now Miss You.

TOYPAJ was my favourite. I might put that on now actually. "Happy Holidays, You Bastard" not a bad song... :lol:

That was the band people always talked about when I was about 13, 14 and in high school. I guess they're the band I love to hate.

^ :lol: at that picture! He looks like he's trying to be holy or something!

Do you like cheshire cat? Carousel is one of my favorite Blink songs, especially live.

You can tell that they're really different musically from enema on.

I have all they're albums, except greatest hits. I even have the flyswatter demo.

I think for my bands last show I wanna do a cover of Dammit! It's such a fun song.

Edited by kevin

"It sounds like stadium rock by a band that’s meant to be the absolute biggest band in the world," he tells us.

"People are going to flip out when they hear this. I’m not even joking right now, it’s so good. It’s so much better than anything I’ve ever done."

tg1gh2.jpg

Haha, in that very same magazine, the album got a terrible review.

It says GNR are in that magazine too, and I didn't buy it -_-

Kevin - Yeah I liked Cheshire Cat but i'm really only gettin back into them now. I wouldn't go so far as to I liked it..just very used to it. Carousel, I like that one. I used to love Strings. Wasting Time too.

Have you ever seen them live? I wish I had when I was younger.

I think i'll spend the next few days listening to them :huh: you forget how decent their songs were.

I've got Enema of the State and TOYPAJ and those were teh awesomest music when I was like 12 and I listened to them all day. I haven't listened to them in a few years but I guess I could listen some of it and hear how cool it sounds these days. :rolleyes:

It says GNR are in that magazine too, and I didn't buy it -_-

Kevin - Yeah I liked Cheshire Cat but i'm really only gettin back into them now. I wouldn't go so far as to I liked it..just very used to it. Carousel, I like that one. I used to love Strings. Wasting Time too.

Have you ever seen them live? I wish I had when I was younger.

Yeah I've seen them live twice. Once when enema came out I think, and another when the last album came out. I liked them, it was very energetic!