has axl got any more?

aussie_axl

If the other rockers on in the same vain as Chinese Democracy and IRS, I think we are in for some kick ass rock n roll songs.

Agreed.

Chinese Democracy is a kick ass song, I think its better thatn som Illusions sang, as go for better and irs.

They all so........ perfect!

the live versions of CD suck ass, sad but true, it's a boring song! too industrial man, industrial isn't cool, it's for fags!, irs could be good.....but it's so slow and bores me to tears!, lets hope it's only the demo.

what are you talking about? CD rocks hard rock3 The IRS demo is a little dull, but live it rocks harder than any of the other songs, IMO.

the live versions of CD suck ass, sad but true, it's a boring song! too industrial man, industrial isn't cool, it's for fags!, irs could be good.....but it's so slow and bores me to tears!, lets hope it's only the demo.

Dude, there's nothing industrial about CD... Hate to break it to ya. It's more of an alternative rock song... And it rocks way harder than Locomotive, which goes on way too damn long and is barely saved by the piano outro.

To write heavy you need to practice writing heavy. We know he likes performing the stuff or he wouldnt be doing so well with the older material live. Writing that way is a different story. Look at the three guitar players he has now, and see what they have written in regards to heavy stuff. Not 'played' but written...and thats what you may or may not get from the new GnR. Im not sure if Axl practices or trys to write heavy or not but IMO he is very talented (and inspiring) at colaborating, he writes great lyrics, he is great at melodies (hard and soft) and a very good ballad writer. We all know he is insane at singing and performing.

As for guitar players, pro guitar players need to practice. When they practice they need to divide their time up according to what their job is. Covers, leads, rhythms while singing, or writing. The smart guys will practice at least leads and writing. Once you get to a certain point your desire to play covers fade away. At that point (strangly enough) many guys just practice leads. Few GOOD guitar players put the hours in practicing 'writing'. It takes time, time and more time for most. Then one day, the door opens. Almost everything you play is worth recording. Some guys get it sooner on, some later on. The outside world and life in general all effect when that time will come. Some guys love bouncing ideas off another guitar player (Slash and Izzy) and some guys will only work alone.

Its Axls band, and he is in control. First and foremost he needs to be happy. If hes not, why do it? IF people enjoy his workings, thats the best. I am predicting C Democracy to come out followed by the pre-aft tour. Then, next summer, he will seek some hard stuff. He will want more excitment without covering the older material. Maybe even seek Slash and crew(?) ...but thats as long as Slash can still write... Some guys do get rich, lazy, occupied with other 'more fun things', kids, and cant write like they used to. "The lord giveth, the lord taketh away..." for some. The best rule for writing is to never do dope when you write. There is plenty of time for that afterward :xmassrudolph:

Edited by Dervaj

locomotive is my fav gnr song of all time! it's a classic!, so far on cd.... we have heard pop rock songs and ballard's, do you think the axe man has this hard rock left in him, i hope he remembers that rock N roll is what this band was about.

and you should remember that this isn't the 80's anymore, and should I say not the same band?! If you looking for old GNR rockers in this band......you hooking yourself for disappointment!

cant believe some of you think this record going to sound like AFD or Illusions! :lol:

locomotive is my fav gnr song of all time! it's a classic!, so far on cd.... we have heard pop rock songs and ballard's, do you think the axe man has this hard rock left in him, i hope he remembers that rock N roll is what this band was about.

and you should remember that this isn't the 80's anymore, and should I say not the same band?! If you looking for old GNR rockers in this band......you hooking yourself for disappointment!

cant believe some of you think this record going to sound like AFD or Illusions! :lol:

dude, i just wanna hear some fucking rock N roll! so far it's an endangered species on cd, the kiddies who think cd rocks out hard are fucking kidding themselfs, what a bore fest, it's a peace of shit, i.r.s is ok, why to slow tho.

Ok Mullethead...if you don't like what you hear...go listen to old GNR records, and VR crap-fest!

This band is not for you!

End of this stupid mulletheads topic....

How can you attack him for liking old GNR music, with the exception of a few songs thats all this band plays, whats wrong with you? I don't understand how you can have so much contempt for this kind of music?

Perhaps you should call auld cornrows "mullet head" and while your at it you can call yourself the same..unless of course your only here for the 9 or so new songs, in which case you've got some fucking cheek calling yourself a Guns and Roses fan!

How old you are anyway? 12? 13?

Sorry but i just don't get how people verge on hating the old band, I mean I like some of Axl's band's music too but fuck do people really believe these 9 songs are so far ahead of the old material, I mean T.W.A.T and The blues are almost old GNR b-sides (although i do like them), I.R.S too (once again I should point out its a good song), without mentioning the other too disasters (silk/rhiad) that leaves Madagascar/Better has the stand alone departures from anything Axl has done before in other bands...

So what makes Guns N Roses (original) so intolerable to these alledged Guns and Roses fans?

Funeral if you don't like the "mullet head" music, take this advice, don't go to one of Axl's gigs, tis all he plays.....

Ok Mullethead...if you don't like what you hear...go listen to old GNR records, and VR crap-fest!

This band is not for you!

End of this stupid mulletheads topic....

How can you attack him for liking old GNR music, with the exception of a few songs thats all this band plays, whats wrong with you? I don't understand how you can have so much contempt for this kind of music?

Perhaps you should call auld cornrows "mullet head" and while your at it you can call yourself the same..unless of course your only here for the 9 or so new songs, in which case you've got some fucking cheek calling yourself a Guns and Roses fan!

How old you are anyway? 12? 13?

Sorry but i just don't get how people verge on hating the old band, I mean I like some of Axl's band's music too but fuck do people really believe these 9 songs are so far ahead of the old material, I mean T.W.A.T and The blues are almost old GNR b-sides (although i do like them), I.R.S too (once again I should point out its a good song), without mentioning the other too disasters (silk/rhiad) that leaves Madagascar/Better has the stand alone departures from anything Axl has done before in other bands...

So what makes Guns N Roses (original) so intolerable to these alledged Guns and Roses fans?

Funeral if you don't like the "mullet head" music, take this advice, don't go to one of Axl's gigs, tis all he plays.....

OUCH!!!! PWNED!!

I agree. How can someone be a GNR fan and be dissing other GNR fans for liking the old classics. I hope he plays those songs forever. Make room for some new ones but the old stuff still amazes me when I listen to it.

However I like the new stuff too. I hope theirs a couple of hard rock classics on it, but if there isn't I'll live.

IRS and TWAT are fucking awesome in my opinion. Better is good also.

I have nothing to complain about. I love this band and their music and that is good enough for me.

Rock On

Tbizzle

I ain't the one complaining about this band morons :lol:

Like I said...you want outdated crap that mullet heads listen too....go jerk off to Cuntraband! ex-GNR members with an amazing record!....aren't you all satisfied? :lol:

don't worry people he's a buckethead fan :laugh::laugh: , gnr's biggest mistake, listen fallout boy, get the fuck out of my topic, go listen to your cd live versions and pretend it's rock music, do you have sock puppets too?.

I ain't the one complaining about this band morons :lol:

Like I said...you want outdated crap that mullet heads listen too....go jerk off to Cuntraband! ex-GNR members with an amazing record!....aren't you all satisfied? :lol:

Ok. I got you. I guess I agree with you too then. Like I said though; I love this band!

In the end thats what matters. They will always make great music.

Tbizzle

The insults and lol smilies must make you feel big or something, because you have never posted your horseshit without them :rolleyes:

You arent a Guns N' Roses fan if you call AFD outdated crap... sorry

I agree with you too. Maybe thats just because I'm a pussy and can't think for myself. But GNR is not outdated crap.

Rock on

Tbizzle

The insults and lol smilies must make you feel big or something, because you have never posted your horseshit without them :rolleyes:

You arent a Guns N' Roses fan if you call AFD outdated crap... sorry

I agree with you too. Maybe thats just because I'm a pussy and can't think for myself. But GNR is not outdated crap.

Rock on

Tbizzle

No, not thinking GNR is outdated crap doesnt make you a pussy dude :lol: , it makes you cool B)

cd lyrics with shit house guitar. yeah this kicks ass man, lets write about the chinese, real fucking rock man :lol: .

Sitting in a Chinese stew

To view my dis-infatu-ation

I know that I'm a classic case

Watch my disenchanted face

Blame it on the Falun Gong*

They've seen the end and you can't hold on now

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you

To stop the fascination

Even with an iron fist

Our baby got to rule the nation

But all I got is precious time

locomotive lyrics! need i say more.